Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Thursday, April 02, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Get 1 free year community website and email newsletter hosting from Community123.com!
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: HELP!!I CHALLENGED MY H.O.A elections WUT NEXT???
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 2:27 AM  
so in November 29th 2018 after 9yrs of running i finally won a board spot....now mind u iv been also challenging the previous elections....so after getting confirmation from the electioneer that i wn with 4 votes....so after a few days i go to the management office to obtain a board member packet or what ever u get when u get this position....after a going to the office it was closed so i waited till after Xmas break finally when i decide to go in the first week of January which was on a monday...so

Monday i go in only the assisted manager is there...
so i requested a few items: board member packet
list of current board members an email
and a copy of the membership list

just those 3 things....now mind u agin previous there has been no board meetings there having them over the phone with no proper notifications....so after the request the assist said she will ask the manager for this info...so she said come back the next day....

so i return on Tuesday....still no manager just assistant....so she proceeds to tell me the manger dont want to give me nothing and that the other bored members didn't want to have there email addresses....so i told the assist wtf this is odd....so the assist said come back next day....so i did...

so now Wednesday is here i get to the office an nobody is there so i come back later.....well i return later in afternoon and no go...office is closed....so i wait till Thursday.....

so Thursday roll around and agin no go...office not open...nobody responding to email or text or phone....so trust an believe im frustrated....so i wait till friday.....

well fridays here and i go to the office early and wut do u kno the manager is there....now as i walk in to sign in she is in there with 3 ppl....
the camera guy...
2 older women who was caught opening the ballots early
and the manager

now mind u i came in recording on my phone....but everyone remains still an quiet...
so i say hi i come in to conduct some business and the office has been closed...so she yells out from her deck THE OFFICE IS CLOSED!!! So i said when will it be open? she didnt respond....so i stood there fr a moment the said ok and i left....yes very erry situation....so as i left there were guys outside talkin to me about football well when i left i yelled to them COWBOYS!!! then i drove off....well later that day early afternoon i had to go get blood drawn....well while i was there i get a call from my daughter tellin me there are 7 police cars at my home and severed me a pink paper....so it had said i was 602ed from a property thinking to myself wtf did i do......

so later that evening i get home and i find out my HOA manager had get me banned from her HOA property where she live,work,office for our HOA, is at.....
so as im sittin there talkin about this i get 4 police cars that pull up....the LT says to me that he had to come and hear my side because the 602 she requested was odd and she said i had threatened her...but he knew if was BS because the video did show me doing nothing but standing in one place....she would not let him listen to adio which was super odd....now after the police leave i go see when the next meeting is which was january 17th of this month....so as days are passing i, trying to contact the other board member....but none were responding....now mind u this...

1ST..ONE BOARD MEMBER DOSNT LIVE IN OUR CITY AND IS NOT A HOME OWNER BUT A PROXY HOLDER FOR ANOTHER BOARD MEMBER....WHICH IS ILLEGAL PER DAVIS STERLING....

2ND IS A CITY EMPLOYEE BECAUSE THE CITY HAS BOUGHT ALOT I THERE SO NOW THEY SIT ON OUR BOARD...

3RD IS A GUY WHOS BEEN ON THE BOARD FOR 11YRS AND HAS NOT ATTENDED A MEETING AND IS CURRENTLY RUNNING EVEN THO HES ON ALREADY...

4TH GUY LEFT...

5TH GUY Do Not EXIST LOL HES A FAKE PERSON THE MANGER MADE UP...

SO no meeting happen in January so i had to wait till march...no meeting...i waited till may...nothing....i did a meet an confer they responded in april...then cancelled 2 times then had it in September....2 guys showed up and i haven't heard from them since lol....elections happen in November i submitted my candidate to run...and she didn't put me on the ballot...no reason why no nothing...so ive been reduced to nothing....no text no email response...no phone nothing of nothing an ive tried to reach out to but got nothing....I NEED HELP PLEASE...HOW DO I GET MY SPOT ON THE BOAED???HOW DO I FIGHT THIS?? if u need to kno more please feel free to ask...im open for any suggestions....thank u

SheliaH
(Indiana)

02/06/2020 8:43 AM  
After 9 years of running for a spot, it would seem to me you would have already known what happens after the election – did you go back to this “electioneer” and ask what happens next, who to contact, is there a board member’s packet, etc.? Have you asked any of your neighbors if they know anything? Were you there when the election took place? If so, did you talk to the people who were there?

I don’t know why, but I get the feeling you weren’t elected at all – either someone’s pulling a fast one (which isn’t appropriate at all) or there’s a massive communication breakdown. Write to the property manager, with a copy to the board, asking for the results of the last election – names of candidates, total number of people casting votes and a breakdown of how many votes went to each candidate. If you don’t get a response from the property manager, you’ll have to go to the people you know are board members (even if you don’t think they should be there).

You’ll have to get documentation of whatever happened in November before you can file a formal complaint or go to an attorney. To be blunt, if you’ve run for 9 years without success, it may be people simply won’t vote for you for whatever reason (and that’s their right).
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 11:08 PM  
first understand im claiming that the manager and the city are cheating....period
i was at the election like always im the only owner present....
no bored member attends to conduct the meeting....the manager is a fraud....this is bigger then wut im talking...this is insane....the only ppl present were me,electioneer,security,an office help...thats it...they are pulling a fast one and i can prove it....
i cant afford an attorney....for some odd reason nobody votes are being received...thats wut im saying this one lady is controlling this and dispit me bringing it to the boards attention there ignoring it....

ive already presented to them there breach in the contract and breach of there fiduciary duties....

the board consist of:

1...The housing authority and they own 90 out of 236

2...an guy who used to be the housing authority head now retired in L.A and hes not a home owner but a proxy holder for the city guy who put him on....he been on for the last 9yrs str8

3....a guy who was also put on by the city who donot attend meeting and he has been on the board for 12yrs straight

4....this guy left after i presented the stuff in the meet an confer....

5....a guy who was voted on by the city and never attended anything not even the elections...his 2nd yr...

so as u see we really have 1 board member im challenging the rest.....thats how i know i won me a spot because non home owners cant be on the board per say davis sterling...
so thats 2 open spots....and the 3rd guys term is up....thats 3 spots...
and the 4th guy has yet to be seen....
so 4 spots open which means one is mine....
i can prove everything im say.....i just need he;p putting it on paper to sue...i need help

any more questions please ask.....
WalterH4
(Indiana)

02/07/2020 12:23 AM  
Sounds like a messy HOA, with housing authority owning 40% of the homes.

Are they abusing their power, doing stuff that isn't right? If so, what?

What are your objectives if you get on the board? What do you intend to do for the HOA, that is a benefit to the other HOA members?

If there is abuse, and you have something to truly offer your neighbors, then drum up some actual support (not just 3 supporters, as you have now). Bring more people with you, IMO.

But if you don't have any real plan for the HOA, whatever you do here might just end up damaging the HOA, not helping it. You'd be doing everyone a disservice.

Sometimes MCs and board members subvert the rules to protect the HOA, from folks who aren't really out to help the HOA. So if you are really out to help the HOA, prove it by getting more supporters, and then get them to sign a proxy giving you the ability to vote for them. This'll show that they really believe in you, and trust you -- and gives weight to your actions. As is, we're not even sure that helping you will in the end serve the greater good.

It's easy to complain about leadership; but it's difficult and requires more aptitude/diligence to replace that leadership with better leadership. What are you going to offer, and who believes in your ability to deliver? That's truly an important question here.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/07/2020 4:28 AM  
Unfortunately Walter, Ron believes he already knows it all on how to be a board member without actually being one. He has yet to get the concept of doing the work instead of complaining about the work. He's a victim and likes to play it. I may just be done with helping him. He can't seem to help himself but insists he can help others... This I mark as just a wheel spinner...

Former HOA President
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/07/2020 4:54 AM  
Let me just add this... Being a board member is NOT about YOUR issues. It is about your fellow neighbors/members. You are elected by them to represent them as a whole. It isn't about you. If your neighbor/members aren't on your page, then you don't have a page.

So if your getting on the board for your issues and do a big screw you... Then your doing everyone nothing but damage. You can't get the concept of that "screw you" is now pointed at you. You and your fellow board members have to do the WORK to resolve it. It's NOT the MC's responsibility. So don't know why your even communicating to them as it should be through the board...

Former HOA President
WalterH4
(Indiana)

02/07/2020 11:03 AM  
I'm in Melissa's camp. Well said.

From the sounds of you, you aren't really a leadership-minded person. If you were, you'd probably have more than 3 votes. (not counting your own vote). Got get more votes first; if you can't, then give up and let things be. You are probably doing more damage than good here for all involved.
MarkW18
(Florida)

02/07/2020 11:10 AM  
Hey, hooraoh for Melissa, she has A friend!
RonS15
(California)

02/07/2020 3:40 PM  
mr walterh4 i totally understand wut ur saying.....

ive been a resident/homeowner for 18yrs and iv watch my gated community decline because of the fake,false,fraudulent management and board.....
everything i say i can back up an show proof to some extinct....
i also would to try to address the things u said....

#1...they are extremely abusing there power especially the manager shes doing tooooo much with no owner support....first of all we have 2 real board members out of 5....reason i say that is because
#1...the city is on our board buying up our HOA and our CC&Rs have rules for anyone or corporation trys to buy up ur HOA....which i found out to be a conflict of interest and a breach of the fiduciary....there is more

#2...1 guy on the board is a city employee..
2 a guy who is not a owner but a proxy holder for the city guy...
3 a guy who has been on the board for 12 straight yrs....voted on by the city guy
4 a guy who after i confronted the board with documents at a meet an confer the guy left...
5 a guy who did not come to annual or no show at a board meeting or nothing i think hes made up

that is who sits on our board and yes i question every bit of this....and guess what no answers yet..

#3...no meetings....no board meetings in 3/4 yrs....they have been having them on the phone...and if kno per davis sterling that u cant have a board meeting like that unless rules specify different...

#4...no notification of any bored meetings....i stand outside our office waiting for meetings and nothing....no show...not even the board member that lives next to me....nothing...and yes i brought this up at a meet an confer...and nothing...literally

#5....harassment from management...breach of contract...none enforcement of the rules

#6...false minutes

#6...misuse of HOA money to the fullest....our dues are 250$

#7...breach of landscape contract

#8...self dealing

#9...using HOA money to discourage membership and no encourage

#10...how can our manager be our financier and were is the treasurer report at?? were is the treasurer???

i have a few more but those were off the top these are things that need to be address
we have a manger who use fear to keep owners away...or discouragement...or false information
i can get multiple owners to sign a proxy the only problem is this manager...me and her are at total odds because she kno i kno wut shes doing....i worked for her and my HOA for years i could no longer stand back and watch the atrocity happen...alot of these owners are older senior ppl who have been through it with this lady for the past 12yrs....im sorry if im not typing properly an if u have questions please ask....

now about me and my movement....

ive been apart of this gated community for 18yrs now im a father of 11 kids who attend the local elementary, jr high ,an high school
i have been to multiple community events (unlike 4 of the board member who never been)
i tryied to get free luch program implemented with no success or support from the board
i ran our swimming pool for a few summers to make sure the pool stayed opened
i was and still am the only owner willing to question and stand up for our rights (YES I HAVE OTHER OWNER SUPPORT)....
i was once head of a board created activities committee that nothing happened in or with it because of this manager....
i have the only tree in the alleyway after this manager cut others down for camera veiw
im in the trenches
im trying to get our park redone its been 15yrs since its been new and now its trash an damaged
im pushing for transparency there are too many secrets going on...
i would love to promote more owner involvement
i would love to see my property value grow because were growing with the community around us
i would love to see more interaction from the board with the gated communities there were voted to protect and look out for
i understand were a gated community that home owners own and i feel a happy owner is a due paying on time owner....
i understand that if our board members are in breach of there fiduciary's they need to be held accountable for it....
we have no leadership no one the ppl can look up to that can be truthful and honest...

so just to let u know i am a leader and a good follower...
if u only understood the complexity's and lies and deception craziness thats going on alot of owners sold because of it....the lack of the board doing nothing to protect owners rights and watch the city buy up units an keep them,the bored consisting of city voted on ppl who are yes men for them......i just like other owners have a vested interest in this place and to be paying 250$ for this is insane....yes i can sale...but i dont want too im not ready and they cant force me to....i have time on my hands so i can fight the fight....this isnt just for me its for US the other owners i kno who is willing to back me....there taking advantage of ppl being scared but not ryin to stop the BS thats happening around here....this manager just want it to be her making all the decisions..there is something going on behind the scene with the city an the manager because how bad our HOA is declining....there is so much to be said and do...and i truly need help filing a law suite i cant afford a lawyer....and more stuff just happened....if there are any more question please feel free to ask questions but note i need help and if u cant help me please dont waste my time....thank u

RonS15
(California)

02/07/2020 3:48 PM  
hey melissap1....F off thanks!!...u dont kno me at all...and ur misperception of wut im talking about lets me know the limitation of ur thinking capabilities....so i kindly ask u to not post on my stuff no more ur help is not welcomed here i will play this victim u speak of u lame as person....and i hope can respect it but by the way ur sqwaking i doubt u will.....thank u for ur opinion...have a great day
RonS15
(California)

02/07/2020 4:27 PM  
hey walterh4 F u too sir ur opinion has been herd but sir put ur foot in ur mouth and its ok because ur on the outside looking in but its cool.....its ok this is what happened to Jesus lol,....sir
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/07/2020 4:43 PM  
Huh? Still not any better. Think I understood the F-Off statement. Think that is something Jesus would say... LOL! This people is what we call a lost cause and glad we don't live in that HOA... Comparing one self to the suffering of Jesus just is enough for me to walk away from this train wreck...

Former HOA President
RonS15
(California)

02/07/2020 4:56 PM  
lol ur a joke and a clown.....again stop posting on my discussion....
JohnT38
(South Carolina)

02/07/2020 5:00 PM  
Welcome to Hoatalk.com "A positive place for community association leaders to share ideas and learn"

I think the site owner needs to change their banner.
MarkM19
(Texas)

02/07/2020 5:16 PM  
If this was the TV show Survivor he would be voted off the Island. And also this site.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

02/07/2020 6:15 PM  
Nutty.

Just stop posting. Another offensive nutter.
GenoS
(Florida)

02/08/2020 1:56 PM  
Been watching a lot of British shows lately. "Nutter" immediately came to mind.
RonS15
(California)

02/08/2020 4:25 PM  
i didn't come here for problems ok....if u cant help please post somewhere else....thank u
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

02/08/2020 4:33 PM  
ha no uco hear mo ya don to ya, no?
RonS15
(California)

02/08/2020 4:42 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 02/08/2020 4:33 PM
ha no uco hear mo ya don to ya, no?

u hear for jokes or help???
MarkM19
(Texas)

02/08/2020 5:35 PM  
George,
No Joke he needs Help.
DaveP8
(Oklahoma)

02/08/2020 5:40 PM  
Are there any moderators that could just delete this whole thread?
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/08/2020 8:15 PM  
Yes there are moderators who can delete and even ban posters. We do try to help people here as best we can. There are just some that can't be helped or listen to nothing but their own noise. We still try but at some point kind of just got to let it go.

Former HOA President
RonS15
(California)

02/10/2020 11:33 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 02/08/2020 8:15 PM
Yes there are moderators who can delete and even ban posters. We do try to help people here as best we can. There are just some that can't be helped or listen to nothing but their own noise. We still try but at some point kind of just got to let it go.

you kno it astounds me the boo boo that spews out your head hole....u came at me disrespectful and im suppose to let u insult me like that....u could have kept your smart mouth comment to yourself....did i complain on u for coming on my post trying to incite a situation when all i was doing was looking for some sort of help....not u being a jerk off to me....i respect this site and the ppl in it so please go eat a big bowl of ice cream and get a brain freeze to change your thinking....because if nobody's told u that your lame...whelp let me be the first mrs lady person who i dont know that like talking crap on random ppl post.....im sorry but your librarian outfit didnt make the cut....to da left please lol....have a awesome day....
RonS15
(California)

02/10/2020 11:35 PM  
Posted By DaveP8 on 02/08/2020 5:40 PM
Are there any moderators that could just delete this whole thread?

if u wanna be that snitch then be my guest mr get on random post because your bored and lonely....idk lol....
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

02/11/2020 5:22 AM  
Fake post.

Move on.
RonS15
(California)

02/11/2020 4:42 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 02/11/2020 5:22 AM
Fake post.

Move on.

its insane your on here....and there allowing u to post BS on ppl shit....your a virus and must be eliminated.....
MarkW18
(Florida)

02/11/2020 5:58 PM  
Posted By RonS15 on 02/11/2020 4:42 PM
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 02/11/2020 5:22 AM
Fake post.

Move on.

its insane your on here....and there allowing u to post BS on ppl shit....your a virus and must be eliminated.....

That's Georgie for you.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

02/11/2020 8:43 PM  
Fake post on Ron.

Nutter.

Move on.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/11/2020 9:18 PM  
Let this all rest with the Ron posts. Most of us us have higher levels to rise to not sink. Moving on. Keep it positive!

Former HOA President
RonS15
(California)

02/20/2020 10:17 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 02/11/2020 9:18 PM
Let this all rest with the Ron posts. Most of us us have higher levels to rise to not sink. Moving on. Keep it positive!

HEY MALEISSAP1.....F YOU RETARED....LOL
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > HELP!!I CHALLENGED MY H.O.A elections WUT NEXT???

Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement