Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Wednesday, October 20, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: ESA Debate
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
PaaN

09/13/2018 4:39 PM  
Giving a woof here and a tail wag there may be all dogs need to do to comfort their owners. But does providing comfort make them “service animals”? The American With Disabilities Act says no. Recently, some people are designating man’s best friend as “emotional support animals” — and what rights this includes is still unclear.

South Carolina’s Senate has debated bills to define and regulate emotional support animals. But this new category of companion animals raises a slew of other legal and functional challenges.
AdamD1
(Indiana)

09/13/2018 5:30 PM  
Since there is no government registry, can't anyone claim their dog is a "service dog" whether legit or not?
PaaN

09/13/2018 7:21 PM  
Yes, but, HUD has a 'severe' sample letter for 'certification' purposes.

The animal must be prescribed by a mental health professional to treat a NAMED mental illness.

The mental health professional MAY be contacted for further verification.

It is unfortunate that most HOAs fail to further contact for verification.

Sample letter for Companion Animal

As per: http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/PIRC/DocumentsAbstracts/Disability-Law-Center-R8/Letters/DLC-Animal-Letter/Sample-letter-for-Companion-Animal.doc

DATE

NAME OF PROFESSIONAL (therapist, physician, psychiatrist, rehabilitation counselor)
ADDRESS

Dear [HOUSING AUTHROITY/LANDLORD]:

[NAME OF TENANT] is my patient, and has been under my care since [DATE]. I am intimately familiar with his/her history and with the functional limitations imposed by his/her disability. He/She meets the definition of disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Housing Act, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Due to mental illness, [FIRST NAME] has certain limitations regarding [SOCIAL INTERACTION/COPING WITH STRESS/ANXIETY, ETC]. In order to help alleviate these difficulties, and to enhance his/her ability to live independently and to fully use and enjoy the dwelling unit you own and/or administer, I am prescribing an emotional support animal that will assist [FIRST NAME] in coping with his/her disability.

I am familiar with the voluminous professional literature concerning the therapeutic benefits of assistance animals for people with disabilities such as that experienced by [FIRST NAME]. Upon request, I will share citations to relevant studies, and would be happy to answer other questions you may have concerning my recommendation that [FULL NAME OF TENANT] have an emotional support animal. Should you have additional question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature

[NAME OF PROFESSIONAL]
PaaN

09/13/2018 7:35 PM  
Posted By AdamD1 on 09/13/2018 5:30 PM
Since there is no government registry, can't anyone claim their dog is a "service dog" whether legit or not?

Sorry, I jumped to answer based upon Emotional Support Animal subject matter.

Service dogs are different animals (pun intended).

Service dogs are 'four on the floor' (unless actually performing an essential task), SILENT (unless actually performing an essential task), and WELL TRAINED. Service dogs are protected by the ADA 'umbrella' legislation. One may ask what PRECISE task the dog is trained to perform, but, may NOT ask about the handler's disability.

ESAs, a/k/a Companions, may be necessary for a select few, but, the 'classification' is greatly abused. Their 'function' is to provide comfort to a mentally disabled person so as to enable that person's interaction with society. Hence the HUD sample letter, which 'should' require some verification efforts from the recipient(s).

An ESA is required to abide by ALL health and safety codes.
eg. NOT allowed in grocery carts where food is handled (albeit not often enforced)

JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/13/2018 11:28 PM  
Posted By PaaN on 09/13/2018 7:21 PM
Yes, but, HUD has a 'severe' sample letter for 'certification' purposes.

The animal must be prescribed by a mental health professional to treat a NAMED mental illness.

The mental health professional MAY be contacted for further verification.

It is unfortunate that most HOAs fail to further contact for verification.

Sample letter for Companion Animal

As per: http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/PIRC/DocumentsAbstracts/Disability-Law-Center-R8/Letters/DLC-Animal-Letter/Sample-letter-for-Companion-Animal.doc

DATE

NAME OF PROFESSIONAL (therapist, physician, psychiatrist, rehabilitation counselor)
ADDRESS

Dear [HOUSING AUTHROITY/LANDLORD]:

[NAME OF TENANT] is my patient, and has been under my care since [DATE]. I am intimately familiar with his/her history and with the functional limitations imposed by his/her disability. He/She meets the definition of disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Housing Act, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Due to mental illness, [FIRST NAME] has certain limitations regarding [SOCIAL INTERACTION/COPING WITH STRESS/ANXIETY, ETC]. In order to help alleviate these difficulties, and to enhance his/her ability to live independently and to fully use and enjoy the dwelling unit you own and/or administer, I am prescribing an emotional support animal that will assist [FIRST NAME] in coping with his/her disability.

I am familiar with the voluminous professional literature concerning the therapeutic benefits of assistance animals for people with disabilities such as that experienced by [FIRST NAME]. Upon request, I will share citations to relevant studies, and would be happy to answer other questions you may have concerning my recommendation that [FULL NAME OF TENANT] have an emotional support animal. Should you have additional question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature

[NAME OF PROFESSIONAL]

I get that ESAs for housing are controversial and there are many people who have fake ones, but that doesn't justify making stuff up on a forum that is meant to be educational.

ESA letters do NOT have to 'name' a 'mental illness'., in fact HUD says the exact opposite. Your link to support your erroneous assertion goes nowhere.

The mental Health professional may be contacted for further information? What? No, they can't do that. Heard of HIPPA? LOL.
JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/14/2018 12:33 AM  
On a lighter note:

“I remember a case in a building that allowed residents a single pet,” says Stewart E. Wurtzel, a partner with Tane Waterman & Wurtzel, P.C., a law firm in Manhattan. “And a particular resident who had one dog [and] then got a second, submitting two veterinarian notes that stated the first dog was neurotic and needed to be calmed by the other dog. So the second dog was effectively the emotional support dog for the first dog. And I can't tell you how any of this would play out legally, because the board basically opted to not even deal with the city's Commission of Human Rights on this.

Wurtzel adds that as the veterinarian letters made no real reflection on the human resident, he personally does not believe that there is any reasonable interpretation of human rights law that would require the building to make accommodations for that second dog.

“And saying that a dog needs an emotional support pet to function... what's its function other than being a dog? When the request came in, I had to give this individual credit. It was ballsy. This was a fairly large building that had dealt with the Human Rights Commission before, and it's pretty telling that the board opted not to take the chance that the commission would decide that animals may require emotional support animals of their own. That says something as to how people feel about which way the agency will lean on this stuff.”

The lesson from all of this? Before taking any action on whether or not to allow an emotional support animal in the building, consult with an attorney first."

https://cooperator.com/article/when-calling-pet-emotional-support-animal-label-crosses-the-line/full
PaaN

09/14/2018 2:15 AM  
..... Sample letter for Companion Animal

As per: http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/PIRC/DocumentsAbstracts/Disability-Law-Center-R8/Letters/DLC-Animal-Letter/Sample-letter-for-Companion-Animal.doc .....

The above link no longer works.

It was from 12/19/2014.

Apparently there is no longer a consensus re: 'companion / support' animals.

The 'sample letter' which I 'copied and pasted' directly from said GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY site is no longer to be found.

When the pet goat moves next to ME I shall simply move on down the road.

THIS TOPIC IS NOW DEAD TO ME
AdamD1
(Indiana)

09/14/2018 5:49 AM  
Posted By PaaN on 09/14/2018 2:15 AM
..... Sample letter for Companion Animal

As per: http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/PIRC/DocumentsAbstracts/Disability-Law-Center-R8/Letters/DLC-Animal-Letter/Sample-letter-for-Companion-Animal.doc .....

The above link no longer works.

It was from 12/19/2014.

Apparently there is no longer a consensus re: 'companion / support' animals.

The 'sample letter' which I 'copied and pasted' directly from said GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY site is no longer to be found.

When the pet goat moves next to ME I shall simply move on down the road.

THIS TOPIC IS NOW DEAD TO ME

well that was short lived
TimM11

09/14/2018 8:40 AM  
Also, what SC does at the state level regarding ESAs is irrelevant as far as the FHA (and federal law) is concerned.
PaaN

09/14/2018 12:35 PM  
UPDATE

HUD has moved the sample letter to a new site:

https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hud.gov%2Fsites%2Fdocuments%2FDOC_7399.DOC

I am back to 98%
PaaN

09/14/2018 12:36 PM  
Posted By TimM11 on 09/14/2018 8:40 AM
Also, what SC does at the state level regarding ESAs is irrelevant as far as the FHA (and federal law) is concerned.

The topic is: ESA Debate
PaaN

09/14/2018 12:56 PM  
@ JenniferG12,

from the above referenced HUD sample letter

" Upon request, I will share citations to relevant studies, and would be happy to answer other questions you may have concerning my recommendation that [FULL NAME OF TENANT] have an emotional support animal. Should you have additional question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

(signature of Prescriber) "
AdamD1
(Indiana)

09/14/2018 1:13 PM  
Posted By PaaN on 09/14/2018 12:56 PM
@ JenniferG12,

from the above referenced HUD sample letter

" Upon request, I will share citations to relevant studies, and would be happy to answer other questions you may have concerning my recommendation that [FULL NAME OF TENANT] have an emotional support animal. Should you have additional question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

(signature of Prescriber) "

Just an anecdotal note: my mental health provider at the VA stated our regional VA indicated to all MH providers they are unable to authorize service/ESA dogs for veterans.

Weird!
PaaN

09/14/2018 2:32 PM  
@ AdamD1,

The VA would have to certify the Veteran as mentally ill:

(from the HUD sample letter) Due to mental illness, [FIRST NAME] has certain limitations regarding [SOCIAL INTERACTION/COPING WITH STRESS/ANXIETY, ETC]. In order to help alleviate these difficulties, and to enhance his/her ability to live independently and to fully use and enjoy the dwelling unit you own and/or administer, I am prescribing an emotional support animal that will assist [FIRST NAME] in coping with his/her disability.

Thank the Creator that our PTSD (if we are normal) is merely a disorder and NOT a mental illness.

OF COURSE we had (hopefully temporary) Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

Post - After
Traumatic - Shocking/Painful/Horrifying/Abhorrent events
Stress - Guilt/Remorse/Regret/Nightmares
Syndrome - Medical signs and symptoms that are correlated with each other

(the above is for the 'uninitiated)

We have been permanently changed, hopefully we have not been permanently damaged.

Remember the line from 'Bladerunner': I have seen things that ..................

Beware the combat veterans who did NOT suffer any PTSD.

The ONLY emotional support we need is an end to warfare as a political tool.

No 'mutt' of any description will help.

................. rant over
JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/14/2018 8:29 PM  
Posted By PaaN on 09/14/2018 12:35 PM
UPDATE

https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hud.gov%2Fsites%2Fdocuments%2FDOC_7399.DOC

I am back to 98%

That link does not go to anywhere from HUD. I posted the actual link the the HUD guidelines. Nothing you make up inside your head changes it.
PaaN

09/15/2018 4:20 AM  
Posted By JenniferG12 on 09/14/2018 8:29 PM
Posted By PaaN on 09/14/2018 12:35 PM
UPDATE

I am back to 98%

That link does not go to anywhere from HUD. I posted the actual link the the HUD guidelines. Nothing you make up inside your head changes it.

The link DOES INDEED work.

It opens a .DOC file which HUD placed 'online'.

Perhaps you are confusing YOUR device's inability to open said document with a 'broken link'.

Would others please check the link ?!

ps.

A search for 'hud sample letter companion animal' leads to:

https://www.hud.gov/sites/documents/DOC_7399.DOC

there is a link to hud's new 'storage': https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hud.gov%2Fsites%2Fdocuments%2FDOC_7399.DOC

OR

one can click on 'view on web' which opens the .doc file on the site

While said document appears 'harsh', so are the facts of life - the 'government' finally got something 'right'.
JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/15/2018 5:29 AM  
It opens a word document, but it isn't from HUD. HUD guidelines specifically state other than what you keep claiming. I provided the link to the actual HUD guidelines.
JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/15/2018 5:33 AM  
Posted By PaaN on 09/14/2018 12:36 PM
Posted By TimM11 on 09/14/2018 8:40 AM

The topic is: ESA Debate

The 'topic' is you throwing a tantrum over actual ESA guidelines and trying to make up your own. This is in no way helpful to members of this forum.
PaaN

09/15/2018 5:54 AM  
There ARE guidelines for 'companion animals' for mentally ill persons.

HOWEVER

You are partially correct in that the letter I referenced is not 'required' but merely a sample.

It actually IS direct from HUD

I am correct that the guidelines allow said Companion Animal/ESA if the owner has been certified as 'mentally disabled' by a health care professional.

to wit (best 'summary' I have found):

It is commonly understood that people can win the right to have companion animals in no-pet housing if they have a "doctor`s letter" attesting to the need for a support animal. In the past, association boards have gotten away with denying doctors` letters several ways. New HUD (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) rules (1) that were adopted in October of 2008 strike down some of the obstacles to ESAs in "no pet" housing.

According to Gary A. Poliakoff, head of the Becker and Poliakoff law firm that represents many condo associations in Florida, "...The Courts and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) have interpreted the [Federal Fair Housing Act] to allow not only trained service animals, but also emotional support animals. [The new] HUD Rules on the subject will vastly expand the definition of those pets allowed to such an extent, that if approved, will pretty much eviscerate no pet restrictions..." (2)

1) ESAs do NOT have to be "task-trained."

In a recent case in Boca Raton, Florida, a woman returned from the hospital after nearly dying from a rare type of pneumonia. She became very depressed, not wanting to get out of bed or eat. Her family worried about her. Her physician, also concerned, advised her to get a dog, which made a big difference and she snapped out of her depression. But she lived in a no-pets allowed condo and the association board came after her. She retained a lawyer. The lawyer had her agree to go through arbitration through the Florida DBPR (Department of Business and Professional Regulation), the unit that oversees condo associations. The arbitrator decided that the dog was not a service dog because it did not perform a specific task for her and she lost. She appealed through the courts, but the judge used the opinion from the DBPR arbitrator. The problem with these decisions is that neither the arbitrator, nor the judge, was knowledgeable about emotional support animals.

Many sources say ESAs are not "service animals (3), unless they have been task-trained, for instance like seeing eye dogs" but these sources are incorrect. Psychiatric service animals perform specific tasks for the benefit of individuals with psychiatric, cognitive, or mental disabilities. The federal Department of Justice (4) lists some examples of tasks done by psychiatric service animals: reminding their handlers to take medication, providing safety checks or room searches, turning on lights for persons with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, interrupting self-mutilation by persons with dissociative identity disorders, keeping disoriented individuals from danger, detecting the onset of psychiatric episodes, and ameliorating their effects.

It is this last task (ameliorating the effect of psychiatric episodes) that intersects with the abilities of emotional support animals. The term "ameliorate" is defined by Merriam Webster dictionary as a transitive verb: to make better or more tolerable. Without any specialized task-specific training, a companion animal that has a close bond with its human instinctively and by its very nature ameliorates episodes of conditions such as anxiety and depression. A cat`s purr or a dog wagging its tail can be enough to stem a panic attack or keep someone from sinking into a deep depression.

Animal law expert, attorney Marcy LaHart of Palm Beach County, Florida says whether ESAs are "service animals" or not is a semantic distinction of very little relevance. According to LaHart, federal law does not require that a disabled person seeking a waiver of a no pet provision for an emotional support animal provides proof that the animal was certified or specially trained. However, the right to accommodation of emotional support animals is typically confined to the waiver of no pet rules in housing. Traditional service animals such as seeing eye dogs or seizure alert dogs may accompany their guardians in restaurants, on airplanes, and in other places where companion animals are not allowed, ESAs may not.

The wording in the new HUD rules (5) says, "emotional support animals do not need training to ameliorate the effects of a person`s mental and emotional disabilities. Emotional support animals by their very nature, and without training, may relieve depression and anxiety, and/or help reduce stress-induced pain in persons with certain medical conditions affected by stress."

2) The letter documenting the need for an ESA can come from any qualified medical or mental health professional

In another recent case, a woman in Fort Lauderdale, Florida was told she could not keep her companion cat because, while she had letters from her doctor and a neurologist, she did not have a letter from a psychiatrist.

The new HUD rules (6) clarify who is authorized to documentation of the need for an ESA. HUD specifies that the letter may come from a "physician, psychiatrist, social worker, or other mental health professional." In Florida, "other mental health professionals" refers to the following health care professionals duly licensed by the Florida Department of Health:

* licensed mental health counselors
* licensed clinical psychologists
* licensed clinical social workers
* licensed marriage and family therapists. (7)

Citizens for Pets in Condos (8) supports the idea of legislation (9) to clarify the right to have emotional support animals in no-pet housing. First of all, a support animal does not need task-specific training to be able to ameliorate a psychiatric, cognitive, or mental disability. Secondly, psychiatrists are not the only professionals qualified to write a letter attesting to the need for an emotional support animal.10 Any medical professional who can write prescriptions for medications for emotional conditions or any mental health professional who is licensed to do mental health counseling therapy is qualified to write the "doctors letter." The letter must say that the animal is necessary to ameliorate and help with life functions for a condition covered under DSM4 or ICD9 (which are diagnostic codes used by these medical and mental health professionals). The letter does not have to give details of the nature of the disorder, in order not to invade the patient`s privacy per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. (11)

Local laws to clarify the right to have ESAs do several things. They put language scattered in different areas of federal law and rulings, under disability law, fair housing law and rehabilitation law together in one place where even someone without expensive legal counsel can point to a clear statement of law. ESA legislation at the local level helps to keep local law in sync with federal standards. "We`ve come a long way in understanding and promoting a comprehensive approach to mental health. We shouldn`t be going backwards by excluding and denigrating entire fields of science-based professions and methods," says Barbara Feeney, MPA, public health administration advisor.

soooooooooooooooooooooooo....................we are all screwed as there is no longer a PRACTICAL way to ban 'mutts' from riding in shopping carts at the supermarket (to give one example)

JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/15/2018 6:15 AM  
Your own summary contradicts your assertion. SMH
PaaN

09/15/2018 6:17 AM  
@ JenniferG12,

The topic at hand is: ESA Debate

The Department of Housing and Urban Development has, in fact, posted a 'new rule compliant sample letter'.

They do not REQUIRE use of said sample, but it exists as a 'guideline', IMO as a (futile) attempt
to 'reign in' the internet supplied, no personal knowledge, 'quickies' supplied by the internet QUACKS.

Said 'quack' letters are now IMPOSSIBLE to regulate or overturn under the new 2013 guidelines/regulations.

The OP from the other thread WILL win her case to have BOTH animals.

Thank you for forcing me to update my information - I was working with obsolete 2008 info.

However, HUD uses the same letter as its current sample, but uses officeonline for storage !

I suggest we stop beating the dead horse (albeit it is fun)
PaaN

09/15/2018 6:21 AM  
Posted By JenniferG12 on 09/15/2018 6:15 AM
Your own summary contradicts your assertion. SMH

OUR POSTS CROSSED

"The new HUD rules (6) clarify who is authorized to documentation of the need for an ESA. HUD specifies that the letter may come from a "physician, psychiatrist, social worker, or other mental health professional." In Florida, "other mental health professionals" refers to the following health care professionals duly licensed by the Florida Department of Health:

* licensed mental health counselors
* licensed clinical psychologists
* licensed clinical social workers
* licensed marriage and family therapists. (7)"

HUD still has the same sample letter from 2008 as it is compliant with the 'new' guidelines.
PaaN

09/15/2018 6:23 AM  
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/018/813/035/859c20bf5b55e17ca9471352e85eb531_original.png?crop=faces&w=1024&h=576&fit=crop&v=1508355244&auto=format&q=92&s=dde7219b9a259e8a839d6f8d090659bc
JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/15/2018 6:24 AM  

I am correct that the guidelines allow said Companion Animal/ESA if the owner has been certified as 'mentally disabled' by a health care professional.

This is the assertion your own summary contradicted.
JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/15/2018 6:24 AM  
Posted By PaaN on 09/15/2018 6:23 AM
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/018/813/035/859c20bf5b55e17ca9471352e85eb531_original.png?crop=faces&w=1024&h=576&fit=crop&v=1508355244&auto=format&q=92&s=dde7219b9a259e8a839d6f8d090659bc

I'm not following anymore of your fake links.
PaaN

09/15/2018 6:50 AM  
Thank you for playing and educating me.

I think I now 'have a handle' on the issue.

There are: Psychiatric Service Animals which perform specific TRAINED FOR functions (such as medication compliance).

There are ALSO: Companion/Emotion Support Animals which ameliorate symptoms and provide 'comfort'.

The above are governed by VARIOUS, sometimes intersecting, laws and rules issued by various agencies.

Service Animals are 'governed' by the ADA and may not be excluded from areas / services.

Companion/ESA Animals, not trained for a specific task, were granted 'relief' from housing related exclusions even if said housing was not required to abide by ADA regulation IF any 'mental health professional' writes a letter.

GOT IT

Anything goes today.

Including 'exceptions' against age discrimination (HOPA).

ps. the last link was to a picture of an executive desk toy showing a horse being beaten

PaaN

09/15/2018 4:17 PM  
The letter must say that the animal is necessary to ameliorate and help with life functions for a condition covered under DSM4 or ICD9 (which are diagnostic codes used by these medical and mental health professionals). The letter does not have to give details of the nature of the disorder, in order not to invade the patient`s privacy per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

So, the letter must state the presence of a diagnosed mental health disorder, but need not give the SPECIFIC disorder.

Almost exactly like the HUD sample letter.

GOTCHA

now at 99%
JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/15/2018 6:27 PM  
Posted By PaaN on 09/15/2018 4:17 PM
The letter must say that the animal is necessary to ameliorate and help with life functions for a condition covered under DSM4 or ICD9 (which are diagnostic codes used by these medical and mental health professionals). The letter does not have to give details of the nature of the disorder, in order not to invade the patient`s privacy per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

So, the letter must state the presence of a diagnosed mental health disorder, but need not give the SPECIFIC disorder.

Almost exactly like the HUD sample letter.

GOTCHA

now at 99%

Nope. Good try, but nope.
JenniferG12
(Texas)

09/15/2018 6:29 PM  
So, so far away from 99%. So far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP7zpdwo3Xo
PaaN

09/15/2018 7:33 PM  
Great tune, made me think of Pink Floyd ..........................

This time, this place misused, mistakes
Too long, too late, who was I to make you wait
Just one chance, just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know, you know, you know

That I love you
I've loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
And you'll never go
Stop breathing if I don't see you anymore

On my knees, I'll ask last chance for one last dance
'Cause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all I'd give for us
Give anything, but I won't give up
'Cause you know, you know, you know

That I love you
I've loved you all along
And I miss you
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
And you'll never go
Stop breathing if I don't see you anymore

So far away, so far away
So far away, so far away
But you know, you know, you know

I wanted, I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed, I need to hear you say
That I love you, I've loved you all along
And I forgive you, for being away for far too long
So keep breathing, 'cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it, hold on to me and
Never let me go, keep breathing
Keep breathing, 'cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it, hold on to me and
Never let me go, keep breathing
Hold on to me and never let me go
Keep breathing
Hold on to me and never let me go

We shall agree to disagree and let the lawyers duke it out ..............................
PaaN

09/16/2018 6:28 PM  
Pink Floyd's 'Brain Damage'

The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path

The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

The lunatic is in my head
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

RoyalpitA

09/23/2018 8:51 AM  
Best synopsis found to date:

Emotional support animals: An emotional support animal, often referred to as a
companion animal, is defined as an assistance animal, “the presence of which
ameliorates the effects of a mental or emotional disability
.” According to HUD,
“emotional support animals provide very private functions for persons with mental and
emotional disabilities. Specifically, emotional support animals by their very nature, and
without training, may relieve depression and anxiety, and help reduce stress-induced
pain in persons with certain medical conditions affected by stress.”

BenntleyH
(California)

07/05/2021 12:59 AM  
Undoubtedly, dogs are considered the best emotional support animals due to their intelligence and loyal nature. Many types of emotional support dogs can help people suffering from depression. Emotional Support Animals can help people to establish social interactions and connections that can help them in fighting depression. Some of them are:
1 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
2 Labrador Retriever
3 Poodle
4 Golden Retriever
5 Yorkshire Terrier
6 Pug
If you own an Emotional Support Dog, then get your dog certified today with the Fast ESA letter and get certified for your pet.

Get your Emotional Support Animal today online instantly.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

07/05/2021 3:38 AM  
This is an old post.

Former HOA President
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement