Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Tuesday, November 30, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: How to Disband Your HOA
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Page 7 of 8 << < 12345678 > >>
Author Messages
AminB

09/01/2013 9:11 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 09/01/2013 9:02 AM
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/01/2013 8:36 AM
My assessment that Amin is a woman may be true... Unreasonable...thickheaded...and only listens to their own voice...Yep that's a woman for you...

Oops got to go... The NSA just arrived at my door and they want to know if I have any answers why one can't see a Budget versus Actual reports from a HOA in Texas from over 3 years ago... They are wearing black suits should I be concerned???

Nope. Just duck into the darkness all of us board members appear to operate from.
Our lack of spines will allow us to hide better

Thats what you want , don't you? Darkness where nobody can see what you do. Like to keep it that way?
AminB

09/01/2013 9:21 AM  
Posted By FrankS10 on 09/01/2013 8:13 AM
Tim,

Amin has had too much success his entire life playing the victim card. I have a solid understanding of why his HOA Board treats him as they do based on what we have seen here. He knows that the comments I made were in humor, but playing the victim and allowing his own racism to be blurred by this strategy works for him.

I ask the same question again Amin, answer it. You do not get to assume racism was behind any comments. You have been called out and can not defend your words, your responses remain bizarre.

Tim, it was not a joke in poor taste IMO. I can only describe responses like Amin's as irrational. How many times was he given an answer and his only response was to ignore it and attack. Yes, if someone conducted themselves as such in our presence, I believe most people would remove themselves from his proximity ASAP.

Our world has become so PC that we now fear pointing out the obvious. If you debate someone and they sound like a broken record over and over, something is wrong. No doubt he will continue here along the racist lines just as he did attacking everyone who did not respond exactly as he demanded. And you believe this is mentally stable? I do not.

Great so now you not only link me to terrorism but you know my entire life. Sure you can describe people's response as irrational if you are a psycho.
You used my name on 8/27 and terrorism for the first time on this website. When I called you on it, you said I have been concerned about NSA and that the response was general. When I asked you when you voiced similar concerns you shut your mouth and instead of answer tried to turn the tables on me. When I gave you an undeserving answer anyway you went psycho on me or a 2-year old mentality or both.You made a racist rant and you need to apologize or direct me to a posting you did PREDATING 8/27 at 3:23pm (page 7).
AminB

09/01/2013 9:28 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 09/01/2013 8:57 AM
Posted By FrankS10 on 09/01/2013 8:13 AM

And you believe this is mentally stable? I do not.

Frank,

As I said, I don't have the qualifications to determine mental stability. To me, as you have pointed out, Amin seems to like playing the victim card. To me, he also trys to bully others to get the responses he wants so he can claim he has support for his way of addressing whatever issue he tries to address. I suspect that he does the same thing with everyone.

However, I don't see this activity as a concern for his mental health (as he hasn't indicated that he would harm anyone). I see it as character flaws. Granted, character is completely based in the personal believes of the person determining the character of another.

I don't know, perhaps character and mental health are two sides of the same coin (so to speak).

I certainly agree that if Amin behaved this way with his Association that they would get to the point of simply saying "come and inspect our records for yourself" as this action had them comply with the law and they no longer have to deal with Amin's comments.

In my opinion, Amin is actually lucky that they offered him to inspect. If I recall, Amin had sent a letter from his attorney requesting specific information. A letter from an attorney could have been seen as potential litigation and, based on that alone, they could have denied access without a court order (at least that is my layman's interpretation of the law).

Anyway, as I said, I see it as character flaws.

A psycho asking advice from a morally flawed person. I would much rather have character flaws than moral flaws like you. You just want to sit at your proxy-elected seat, get people's money but no real accounting. Then you attack people who ant accountability and call them character flaws. I don't ever hold my breath on you protesting VA laws that would give "some teeth" instead of real teeth, to your flawed arguments and flawed and funny accounting. I would bet anything that you would not want an external audit done on your HOA. You guys usually have bunch of skeletons in your closet.
TimB4
(Tennessee)

09/01/2013 9:30 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/01/2013 9:03 AM

Oh no, somebody who doesn't want financial accountability, just claimed I am damaging my credibility.

Yet another misstatement and another blow to your cedibility.

Somebody who does one-sided tabulations in favor of his buddies says I am damaging my credibility.

Yep, I do believe that you have damaged your credibility.

As to the one-sided tabulations - Yep, they didn't include the insults to you. In hindsight perhaps they should have. Live and learn.

Somebody who looks at an obvious racist rant says I agree with you Frank and does not criticize him at all.

that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

How come when I asked him if he has made similar comments about ND+SA , terrorism PREDATING 8/27 at 3:23 and he couldn't , you didn't ask him?

Well, you had already asked that question, so there was no need to ask it again.
Additionally, I didn't care if he had made similar comments or not. As I said, I took what he posted as a joke.

That would have enhanced your credibility.

I don't believe one can enhance their credability. Since an individuals credibility is determined by others, I believe that you only have the power to damage your credibility not enhance it.

What happens in VA with "some teeth" if the office identifies violations by HOSA. Will they shut them down and in case of crimes refer them to the DA office for possible jail time and fines?

If you recall my earlier postings to you where I not only provided the links to the law but provided the authority they had, you would see that they could fine, issue a cease and desist order and actually start legal action against the Board themselves in the name of the State. They don't have to refer it to others.

Perhaps you are simply too worked up to recall that I posted this information. However, I do wish you would at least expend some time and energy to review what has already been posted so it doesn't have to be explained to you multiple times as this is getting tiring.

Answering these would certainly enhance your credibility

Well, I answered them earlier and I answered them again.
I had previously provided links so you can verify that my current and past answers were correct or incorrect.

I doubt it enhanced my credibility with you or anyone else.
However, I'm fairly confident I didn't do a whole lot of damage (if any) to my credibility.
Of course I could be wrong.

Homeowners need 100% assurances for their money they give to you not some assurances.

I agree. For me, I can't get that 100% insurance from a third party, I need to be involved with it myself.

That is why they should be involved in running the affairs of their Association.
Personally, I think that everyone within an Association should serve on their Board at one time or another. This way they can gather some insight in what actually has to be done to properly run their Association.

As I've posted before and often, I also believe that if the members don't have this assurance, that they should take the time needed and expend what energy is required to gather support and make the changes necessary within their Association so they have 100% assurance.

TimB4
(Tennessee)

09/01/2013 9:36 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/01/2013 9:11 AM
Posted By TimB4 on 09/01/2013 9:02 AM
Nope. Just duck into the darkness all of us board members appear to operate from.
Our lack of spines will allow us to hide better

Thats what you want , don't you? Darkness where nobody can see what you do. Like to keep it that way?

Amin, I'm sorry you can't see the humor in various situations.
AminB

09/01/2013 9:39 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 09/01/2013 9:30 AM

Oh no, somebody who doesn't want financial accountability, just claimed I am damaging my credibility.

Yet another misstatement and another blow to your cedibility.

Somebody who does one-sided tabulations in favor of his buddies says I am damaging my credibility.

Yep, I do believe that you have damaged your credibility.

As to the one-sided tabulations - Yep, they didn't include the insults to you. In hindsight perhaps they should have. Live and learn.

Somebody who looks at an obvious racist rant says I agree with you Frank and does not criticize him at all.

that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

How come when I asked him if he has made similar comments about ND+SA , terrorism PREDATING 8/27 at 3:23 and he couldn't , you didn't ask him?

Well, you had already asked that question, so there was no need to ask it again.
Additionally, I didn't care if he had made similar comments or not. As I said, I took what he posted as a joke.

That would have enhanced your credibility.

I don't believe one can enhance their credability. Since an individuals credibility is determined by others, I believe that you only have the power to damage your credibility not enhance it.

What happens in VA with "some teeth" if the office identifies violations by HOSA. Will they shut them down and in case of crimes refer them to the DA office for possible jail time and fines?

If you recall my earlier postings to you where I not only provided the links to the law but provided the authority they had, you would see that they could fine, issue a cease and desist order and actually start legal action against the Board themselves in the name of the State. They don't have to refer it to others.

Perhaps you are simply too worked up to recall that I posted this information. However, I do wish you would at least expend some time and energy to review what has already been posted so it doesn't have to be explained to you multiple times as this is getting tiring.

Answering these would certainly enhance your credibility

Well, I answered them earlier and I answered them again.
I had previously provided links so you can verify that my current and past answers were correct or incorrect.

I doubt it enhanced my credibility with you or anyone else.
However, I'm fairly confident I didn't do a whole lot of damage (if any) to my credibility.
Of course I could be wrong.

Homeowners need 100% assurances for their money they give to you not some assurances.

I agree. For me, I can't get that 100% insurance from a third party, I need to be involved with it myself.

That is why they should be involved in running the affairs of their Association.
Personally, I think that everyone within an Association should serve on their Board at one time or another. This way they can gather some insight in what actually has to be done to properly run their Association.

As I've posted before and often, I also believe that if the members don't have this assurance, that they should take the time needed and expend what energy is required to gather support and make the changes necessary within their Association so they have 100% assurance.

You're trying to determine my credibility and yet you say only others can.
What Frank wrote , you might have taken this a s a joke and your board member buddies. I didn't. Everything you can't answer is "i am entitled to my opinion". And yes you are wrong. When you do one-sided tabulation, when you side with this psycho when he clearly didn't respond to my question, then yes it does damage your credibility.

I wish you would also read what my concerns and anybody that pays money to an individual. Taking time and read bylaws is good. Making sure that there could be an easy path determined by an individual agency to jail for board member felons is the best and most assured way. If the VA laws can put them in jail for financial crimes, then if it was implemented in Texas, my lawsuit would have been totally unnecessary. Jail is the utmost deterrence . Does VA law provide that? Otherwise its worthless.

MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/01/2013 9:39 AM  
Darkness seems to be were it is at... I get paid a lot more and get to do anything I want... Sounds like a real nice FANTASY world versus the REALITY I live in...

See if your such a "beacon of light" and "A flashlight of truth" then why are you posting here and not at your HOA's office viewing the documents? I don't get it... I went through 20 years of documents by hand of my HOA's. Heck I even bought folders and organized them by years/categories... This was both as a regular homeowner and as the President... Just had to get the key and open up a door to get them... Considering they were in our clubhouse on the HOA property. Any other information was available at the bookkeeper's office and offered every month at the meeting. Just ask for a copy and there you go. I would even hand over my own personal copy! Wow that is just about as crooked as they come don't you think? A President and board member handing over their own personal copies of the financial information AND spending the time to answer any questions??? Can you just imagine that there are board members out there like that??? I know you can't... But you can imagine crooked sneaky ones easier as that is what you are....

Former HOA President
TimB4
(Tennessee)

09/01/2013 9:53 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/01/2013 9:28 AM

A psycho asking advice from a morally flawed person. I would much rather have character flaws than moral flaws like you. You just want to sit at your proxy-elected seat, get people's money but no real accounting. Then you attack people who ant accountability and call them character flaws. I don't ever hold my breath on you protesting VA laws that would give "some teeth" instead of real teeth, to your flawed arguments and flawed and funny accounting. I would bet anything that you would not want an external audit done on your HOA. You guys usually have bunch of skeletons in your closet.

Amin,

Who was this post directed toward?

In case it was directed at me, allow me to comment.

If you believe that proxies should not be used then gather support and change what needs to be changed to no longer allow them. If you don't believe that the proxies should be abolished or that what needs to be changed can't be changed, then use the proxies against those who are in office by getting up, knocking on doors and sending out letters to have as many members as possible name you as their proxy instead of naming the Board. This way, you would control more of the votes. Perhaps, if you work hard enough, you will control enough votes to make the decisions of who does and doesn't sit on your Board.

I believe that VA laws do have teeth in them. If you don't please tell me exactly where you don't think it has any and I would be happy to debate that with you.

As for audits, I would take your bet as you would lose. Our governing documents require one every two years. In fact, I went through one two years ago and we are due for another one in 2014. I would also like to add that the auditors reports are handed out at the annual meeting and available before that on our Associations website.

As for skeletons in closets, I would expect everyone, including you, has something that they would prefer not be public knowledge. As for my Association, I'm confident that there is enough light for any member who wants to take the time and make an effort to look to see them.
TimB4
(Tennessee)

09/01/2013 10:37 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/01/2013 9:39 AM

No, I'm not trying to determine your credibility. For me, I've already made that determination. I suspect others have made determinations as well.

I said that I don't believe that someone can enhance their credibility. I believe that they can only damage it as everyone (at least in my eyes) starts out having credibility.

What Frank wrote , you might have taken this a s a joke and your board member buddies. I didn't.

I understand that.

Everything you can't answer is "i am entitled to my opinion".

Every issue can have differing points of view are based on the individuals perception.

A perception is someones personal view, which is filtered by many things (like cultural differences and personal experiences to name a few), of a specific issue. Based on this perspective they form an opinion.

When there are differing opinions of the same issue, you can try to see the other persons perspective to see the basis of their opinion. However, knowing that perspective and understanding why someone sees the issue differently than you do might not be enough to have you change your opinion of the issue.

Fortunately, you and I live in the United States where we are allowed to voice/post our differing opinions. Since we don't have to agree with another persons opinion, I believe that if there is a difference of opinions and each side has expressed their basis for that opinion and civil discussion was utilized to try and clarify what isn't understood, that if the differing opinions still exist it's simply best to say that each side is entitled to that opinion.

And yes you are wrong.

And that is your opinion.

When you do one-sided tabulation, when you side with this psycho when he clearly didn't respond to my question, then yes it does damage your credibility.

Based on your postings, I'm sure I did damage my credibility with you.

You opinion of my credibility isn't enough of a concern to me to have me change my opinion (which I've already posted) of his posting. I do not fully understand your point of view in the issue. However, the way you have responded to the issue doesn't really encourage me to try and understand it more than I do.

I wish you would also read what my concerns and anybody that pays money to an individual.

I have.
I would like to think that you have read mine as well.

Making sure that there could be an easy path determined by an individual agency to jail for board member felons is the best and most assured way.

I understand that you believe this to be true. I also get the impression that you believe that my opinion of changing things from within is not the best way. Therefore, we have two differing opinions. I believe that we have both expressed the basis of our opinions and have civilly discussed that basis to try and clear up any misunderstandings. However, this information just isn't enough to have either of us to change our opinions.

Therefore, I politely say, you are entitled to your opinion and humbly suggest that we simply agree to disagree.

If the VA laws can put them in jail for financial crimes, then if it was implemented in Texas, my lawsuit would have been totally unnecessary. Does VA law provide that?

I just want to clarify something - as we have already discussed, financial crimes are considered a violation of the criminal laws. Therefore, I am fairly confident that all States, including TX, can put individuals in jail for financial crimes. Your issue, of providing documents would be a violation of the civil laws.

The VA CIC Board is another avenue for a member to address a possible violation of the civil laws. The CIC Board does have the authority to start legal proceedings against those they find in violation. If the law violated allows for jail time, then I would certainly expect that if the CIC Board won their legal case, that jail time would be considered.

FrankS10
(Kansas)

09/01/2013 12:32 PM  
If my posts are "rants", what are yours?

Again, you keep dodging the question. Answer it. You will be challenged every time you call someone a name that you have no support for. Because you interpret something one way does not make it so.

I demand an apology now for your unfounded attacks, not just on me but for everyone here who you have attacked.

When another individual we all know by his posts attacked all HOAs and Board members with such vicious vitriol he was condemned, ridiculed incessantly. Why not here? What is the difference?

Tim, it is not rational to label all persons with a single title/position into one negative category. This would be as ridiculous as calling all members of a religious/cultural group terrorists. But, here we have Amin dumping all Board members into a category of crooks/cheats etc. and somehow that is OK, but an attempt at humor somehow implies that someone who disagrees with him has called him a terrorist because of his name. This is trying to have it both ways.

Melissa, I do not know the gender of Amin, but his behavior is less than manly IMO.

GnomeX
(Washington)

09/01/2013 2:32 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/01/2013 8:36 AM
My assessment that Amin is a woman may be true... Unreasonable...thickheaded...and only listens to their own voice...Yep that's a woman for you...

Oops got to go... The NSA just arrived at my door and they want to know if I have any answers why one can't see a Budget versus Actual reports from a HOA in Texas from over 3 years ago... They are wearing black suits should I be concerned???

I would only be concerned if the black suits are accompanied by those pesky black helicopters...
FrankS10
(Kansas)

09/01/2013 3:10 PM  
This will be my last post on this thread.

I have been on this site only a brief period. In that time I have been a very vocal critic of HOAs in general, yet have always distanced myself from extreme hard positions such as all HOAs are bad or that there is a conspiracy to keep the membership under control etc.. In fact you can find posts where I stated I felt the majority of Board members are well intentioned, and though I found myself in agreement with probably the most vocal critic (pre-Amin) on some occasions, I still encouraged that individual to look at both positions. Initially I was in Amin's "camp" just because of what I have experienced in my own HOA. After reading more of his posts, my discomfort with him began to grow until finally I sensed no similarity in the issues/challenges each of us faced with our HOAs.

Please re-read this thread if you can stand the pain. You will see, as typical of my style, that I try to interject humor to diffuse tensions. There are comments for example by me of how people keep coming back to this thread because it makes us feel good about our own mental health. I added that this thread reminded me of the movie 'Ground Hog Day' because of the repetitive nature of Amin complaining and asking the same question over no matter how many times he was answered in a manner that any rational person would accept. (The movie is a pop-culture icon to some and if I thought Amin was of any culture that would not have understood the message I was sending I would not have used it. In short, I have no reason to draw any conclusions about his heritage, and even if I did my record here shows I would not jump to throw all people into any one category.)

Just as I had never used these examples to point out what I felt was unusual behavior, my use of the NSA example was also a first. It had nothing to do with anyone's culture, just that such weird behavior today does draw more scrutiny than in years past. The day I stated this is the same day many of us learned that the NSA had not looked at just communications from/to outside our country, but domestic ones as well.

What does bother me now though is that somehow this is wrong to an individual who has lumped so many of us that with the slightest disagreement with him into a category of insurance cheats, frauds, etc. And now he feels his misinterpretation of my humor makes me morally corrupt. When an individual is this extreme in his conclusions and sees nothing wrong with it, or even thinks he has the standing to judge himself with a different set of standards, yes that does cause me concern at this point-regardless of who is his. Even if a family member behaved this way I would do what I could to help, and then distance myself. His Board members no doubt share similar concerns IMO.

If my posts rise to the level of rants, then his IMO are nothing short of Manifestos of Hate. I want nothing to do with individuals like Amin who stake out such absolute positions. While I wish him well, his attacks do nothing to help those of us who are trying to convince our Boards that there are better ways to manage our communities-transparency and open communications for example. I'm the guy who starts threads to get input from people on how to improve the Board's performance. I have never started threads to bash anyone and have expressed disagreement when such threads appear.

Amin will no doubt trash me again, and it will go unanswered. His own actions will continue to speak volumes about him.

Thank you.
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/01/2013 3:49 PM  
Posted By AminB on 09/01/2013 7:11 AM
I came here because whoever made this site , just like other board member trait highjacked the name. If I had known the characters that "dispense" advice here are board members I would have never even posted once. Its wishful thinking that board members would tell people how to get accounting form them.

Remember that first page? The one you used to sign up? What part of (emphasis added)
Meet the leaders and volunteers of other homeowners associations & condo associations. Discuss issues and share ideas, via our online discussion forum. We are growing fast, with over 26,000 members, thousands of discussion topics & news articles. To preview click here.

Membership is free and open to community association board members, committee members, volunteers & HOA professionals.

made you think you would get advice from anyone else?

You came here looking to pick fights, guess you have nothing better to do since I suspect your neighbors are tired of listening to your whining. I have an uncle just like you who if you say it is sunny outside will point to the one small cloud off in the distance as proof that it isn't.

You see Amin we deal in facts, like the statutes Tim & I pointed out give you the right to see the documents. You deal with what you "know in your mind or suspect to be true." Which is why I suspect you haven't gone to inspect the documents, they just might prove you wrong. And I suspect your ego won't let you be wrong.

Better the statutes of limitations expire while you whine and pick fights over minutia and how hard it is than to actually try and be proven wrong.

Studies show that 5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions
TimB4
(Tennessee)

09/01/2013 9:19 PM  
Posted By FrankS10 on 09/01/2013 12:32 PM

Tim, it is not rational to label all persons with a single title/position into one negative category. This would be as ridiculous as calling all members of a religious/cultural group terrorists.

I agree.

I hope that I didn't give the impression that it was rational to do this.

But, here we have Amin dumping all Board members into a category of crooks/cheats etc. and somehow that is OK,

I don't think it's OK. It is indeed shows the bias Amin has toward Board Members.
It is stereotyping a group of individuals based on one or more commonalities.
When police do this the media calls it profiling.
If one of the commonalities was based on race it would be racism.
If one of the commonalities was based on gender it would be called sexism.

but an attempt at humor somehow implies that someone who disagrees with him has called him a terrorist because of his name. This is trying to have it both ways.

As I pointed out to Amin, he doesn't seem to understand or see the humor in things that we do.

As you said, he likes to play the victim.
Perhaps it served him well in the past getting things he wanted.

I just don't think it's worth the time and energy being spent as I suspect most, if not all, have already formed an opinion of Amin's character and determined the credibility of what he posts.
AminB

09/02/2013 7:49 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/01/2013 9:39 AM
Darkness seems to be were it is at... I get paid a lot more and get to do anything I want... Sounds like a real nice FANTASY world versus the REALITY I live in...

See if your such a "beacon of light" and "A flashlight of truth" then why are you posting here and not at your HOA's office viewing the documents? I don't get it... I went through 20 years of documents by hand of my HOA's. Heck I even bought folders and organized them by years/categories... This was both as a regular homeowner and as the President... Just had to get the key and open up a door to get them... Considering they were in our clubhouse on the HOA property. Any other information was available at the bookkeeper's office and offered every month at the meeting. Just ask for a copy and there you go. I would even hand over my own personal copy! Wow that is just about as crooked as they come don't you think? A President and board member handing over their own personal copies of the financial information AND spending the time to answer any questions??? Can you just imagine that there are board members out there like that??? I know you can't... But you can imagine crooked sneaky ones easier as that is what you are....

Yes you sure don't get it , since I have explained lots of times. Just check my previous postings.

But there are two things you do understand: bones and money.
AminB

09/02/2013 8:07 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 09/01/2013 10:37 AM

No, I'm not trying to determine your credibility. For me, I've already made that determination. I suspect others have made determinations as well.

I said that I don't believe that someone can enhance their credibility. I believe that they can only damage it as everyone (at least in my eyes) starts out having credibility.

What Frank wrote , you might have taken this a s a joke and your board member buddies. I didn't.

I understand that.

Everything you can't answer is "i am entitled to my opinion".

Every issue can have differing points of view are based on the individuals perception.

A perception is someones personal view, which is filtered by many things (like cultural differences and personal experiences to name a few), of a specific issue. Based on this perspective they form an opinion.

When there are differing opinions of the same issue, you can try to see the other persons perspective to see the basis of their opinion. However, knowing that perspective and understanding why someone sees the issue differently than you do might not be enough to have you change your opinion of the issue.

Fortunately, you and I live in the United States where we are allowed to voice/post our differing opinions. Since we don't have to agree with another persons opinion, I believe that if there is a difference of opinions and each side has expressed their basis for that opinion and civil discussion was utilized to try and clarify what isn't understood, that if the differing opinions still exist it's simply best to say that each side is entitled to that opinion.

And yes you are wrong.

And that is your opinion.

When you do one-sided tabulation, when you side with this psycho when he clearly didn't respond to my question, then yes it does damage your credibility.

Based on your postings, I'm sure I did damage my credibility with you.

You opinion of my credibility isn't enough of a concern to me to have me change my opinion (which I've already posted) of his posting. I do not fully understand your point of view in the issue. However, the way you have responded to the issue doesn't really encourage me to try and understand it more than I do.

I wish you would also read what my concerns and anybody that pays money to an individual.

I have.
I would like to think that you have read mine as well.

Making sure that there could be an easy path determined by an individual agency to jail for board member felons is the best and most assured way.

I understand that you believe this to be true. I also get the impression that you believe that my opinion of changing things from within is not the best way. Therefore, we have two differing opinions. I believe that we have both expressed the basis of our opinions and have civilly discussed that basis to try and clear up any misunderstandings. However, this information just isn't enough to have either of us to change our opinions.

Therefore, I politely say, you are entitled to your opinion and humbly suggest that we simply agree to disagree.

If the VA laws can put them in jail for financial crimes, then if it was implemented in Texas, my lawsuit would have been totally unnecessary. Does VA law provide that?

I just want to clarify something - as we have already discussed, financial crimes are considered a violation of the criminal laws. Therefore, I am fairly confident that all States, including TX, can put individuals in jail for financial crimes. Your issue, of providing documents would be a violation of the civil laws.

The VA CIC Board is another avenue for a member to address a possible violation of the civil laws. The CIC Board does have the authority to start legal proceedings against those they find in violation. If the law violated allows for jail time, then I would certainly expect that if the CIC Board won their legal case, that jail time would be considered.

You're not trying to determine my credibility. I can't count how many times you wrote: that undermines your credibility or its a blow to your credivbil8ity. If thats not determination I don't know what is.Just like a board member logic: Inverting things.
Financial crimes are crimes and people can go to jail. However in Texas board members get a cushion. That is another blow to your credibility and no its not just my opinion. Its a fact. In Texas there is no agency that I can complain to as I should be entitled under any fiduciary institution. If i suspect fraud then I would have to hire a CPA and prove it and then DA might take action. When with all the suspicious circumstances like closing the books on me, I would still have to prove it , when a simple neutral investigation done by an agency that should have been in place to go over these circumstances , could have accomplished that objective. This is what they bank on, that homeowners don't have the resources in general. Thats why if you are truly for HOA reform and truly you don't like them, then you would try to find ways that , that can be done, not right away dismiss it by claiming it costs too much. Even when I showed you a way that doesn't use taxpayer's money and with $100-200 per year you scuffed at it claiming people live paycheck to paycheck. This is fine time to think about that , when you approach them for special assessment and like in our case of $1000 per year for 3 years per homeowner.
I bet If I had written $5 per year you couldn't respond or find some other excuse. You are as insincere as you come. Your mis-tabulation is as dishonest as other board members here, no difference.As insulting as others who just don't like to hear or answer anything they don't like. If you can't answer and it is a fact then for you it becomes " that is your opinion" and no further answer necessary. Just as insincere as other board members here.

AminB

09/02/2013 8:12 AM  
If my posts are "rants", what are yours?

Again, you keep dodging the question. Answer it. You will be challenged every time you call someone a name that you have no support for. Because you interpret something one way does not make it so.

I demand an apology now for your unfounded attacks, not just on me but for everyone here who you have attacked.

When another individual we all know by his posts attacked all HOAs and Board members with such vicious vitriol he was condemned, ridiculed incessantly. Why not here? What is the difference?

Tim, it is not rational to label all persons with a single title/position into one negative category. This would be as ridiculous as calling all members of a religious/cultural group terrorists. But, here we have Amin dumping all Board members into a category of crooks/cheats etc. and somehow that is OK, but an attempt at humor somehow implies that someone who disagrees with him has called him a terrorist because of his name. This is trying to have it both ways.

Melissa, I do not know the gender of Amin, but his behavior is less than manly IMO.

Mine could be considered rants at least by you but yours are considered racist rants. You took that "ridiculous" step yourself on 8/27 at 3:23 pm. I have never said all board members are crooks and even if somebody does it wouldn't be considered racism. Grouping people on the basis on nationality, race or ethnicity is considered racism which is what you did on 8/27 . When and where on this thread on any thread here have you made a similar comment just on terrorism,NSA, water-boarding which you can direct me to that so I know you're not a racist?
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/02/2013 8:29 AM  
What don't I exactly get? Explain that to me and everyone else instead of keeping it secret and telling us we will never know or get it. Time to speak up!

Now for me not understanding money? Mmmm. I took accounting, business accounting, and ran a non-profit corporation SUCCESSFULLY for 3 years. Considering we had 107 homes paying $50 a month of which only 90 - 95 of them actually paid on time and were up to date on dues made it a tight budget. Our bills were $5,000 - $5,500 a month. It was 2K for Insurance, 2,100 for lawncare, $500 for trash pickup/recycling, $150 for water, $100 for utilities, $350 for accounting firm, $100 for pool care, $100 for pool chemicals, and $100 for miscellaneous repairs/supplies. For those doing the math that is $5500 in expenses a month. We collected on average $5,500 a month on a good month. Our savings had only $2K in it. We had to pay out $500 to the lawyer to pursue collections on those who don't pay.

Our property was over 20 years old and in need of extensive expensive repairs. Which we were able to complete without raising a due or having a special assessment. How? Simply because I knew how to budget our money and pursuing unpaid dues. No kickbacks or underhanded business. Just simply the law and the system... How does that fit into your little pea sized cap?

Tell me now how one makes a profit in their HOA when a HOA is set up to make no profit? Plus you can't get blood out of a turnip or HOA members... All of my work 100% FREE and VOLUNTEER... My only benefits I got? Some delicious potato salad (with bacon) when I was sick one time... Being a HOA President they say is a "Thankless job" and it is... However, I was truly THANKFULL that I had it... It allowed me to meet people and help them at no charge... I think board members who want compensation for work should not be board members... Once you want that, your done...

Former HOA President
TimB4
(Tennessee)

09/02/2013 8:44 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 8:07 AM

You're not trying to determine my credibility.

That's correct, I am not.

As I have already posted, I have already made my determination and I suspect others have as well.

I can't count how many times you wrote: that undermines your credibility or its a blow to your credivbil8ity. If thats not determination I don't know what is.

That was my attempt to help you understand that I believed your incorrect postings were doing you harm. Because you continued to make incorrect statements, I didn't think you realized that one of the potential consequences of that is potential damage to one's credibility.

Financial crimes are crimes and people can go to jail. However in Texas board members get a cushion.

Since I don't live in TX, I'll certainly defer to your knowledge on TX laws.

That is another blow to your credibility and no its not just my opinion. Its a fact.

If you say so.

In Texas there is no agency that I can complain to as I should be entitled under any fiduciary institution.

I'm not sure that is an actual entitlement. Regardless if it is or isn't you still have the courts and legal system as an option. Additionally you can complain to your neighbors and other members. Perhaps if you complain enough someone will decide to try and organize the membership and toss the bums out. I say someone because you have already indicated that you believe it's a waste of time so you won't do it.

If i suspect fraud then I would have to hire a CPA and prove it and then DA might take action.

I suspect that this is the case in all States and in all Corporations.

When with all the suspicious circumstances like closing the books on me

To be technical, per your own postings, your Association didn't close the books on you. They actually invited you to physically come in and look at them.

Unfortunately, you don't think going in will be worthwhile so you have decided not to do it.

From my perspective, you appear to have closed the books on yourself, it wasn't your Association.

Now, if you actually did go in to examine the books and they refused, then I would say that they indeed did close the books on you. However, that hasn't happened yet.

I would still have to prove it , when a simple neutral investigation done by an agency that should have been in place to go over these circumstances , could have accomplished that objective.

I suspect that the agency you desire would still require you to prove it.

Perhaps when you write your legislature to have such an agency created that you also explain what level of evidence should be used to require that agency to investigate.

Thats why if you are truly for HOA reform and truly you don't like them, then you would try to find ways that , that can be done, not right away dismiss it by claiming it costs too much.

Well, I have found ways that suspected violations can be investigated by a member of my Association. I've shared them with you. You appear to dismiss those methods (making changes from within).

VA has found a way to make suspected violations of VA law be investigated quicker and created the VA CIC Board Ombudsman's office to make that happen.

Since I live in VA and don't have the authority or votes to influence such an office in TX, I can't do the work for you. You have to the work yourself. Go back and read my earlier posts on ways to do this.

Your mis-tabulation is as dishonest as other board members here, no difference. . . . Just as insincere as other board members here.

You ask for my help and then you say that I'm dishonest.

I've offered the help.

As for my honesty, sincerity and character, I'll let my postings and actions speak for themselves and allow every person to make their own determination.

Amin, I still wish you well and I wish you luck in resolving your issue.

AminB

09/02/2013 8:45 AM  
Posted By FrankS10 on 09/01/2013 3:10 PM
This will be my last post on this thread.

I have been on this site only a brief period. In that time I have been a very vocal critic of HOAs in general, yet have always distanced myself from extreme hard positions such as all HOAs are bad or that there is a conspiracy to keep the membership under control etc.. In fact you can find posts where I stated I felt the majority of Board members are well intentioned, and though I found myself in agreement with probably the most vocal critic (pre-Amin) on some occasions, I still encouraged that individual to look at both positions. Initially I was in Amin's "camp" just because of what I have experienced in my own HOA. After reading more of his posts, my discomfort with him began to grow until finally I sensed no similarity in the issues/challenges each of us faced with our HOAs.

Please re-read this thread if you can stand the pain. You will see, as typical of my style, that I try to interject humor to diffuse tensions. There are comments for example by me of how people keep coming back to this thread because it makes us feel good about our own mental health. I added that this thread reminded me of the movie 'Ground Hog Day' because of the repetitive nature of Amin complaining and asking the same question over no matter how many times he was answered in a manner that any rational person would accept. (The movie is a pop-culture icon to some and if I thought Amin was of any culture that would not have understood the message I was sending I would not have used it. In short, I have no reason to draw any conclusions about his heritage, and even if I did my record here shows I would not jump to throw all people into any one category.)

Just as I had never used these examples to point out what I felt was unusual behavior, my use of the NSA example was also a first. It had nothing to do with anyone's culture, just that such weird behavior today does draw more scrutiny than in years past. The day I stated this is the same day many of us learned that the NSA had not looked at just communications from/to outside our country, but domestic ones as well.

What does bother me now though is that somehow this is wrong to an individual who has lumped so many of us that with the slightest disagreement with him into a category of insurance cheats, frauds, etc. And now he feels his misinterpretation of my humor makes me morally corrupt. When an individual is this extreme in his conclusions and sees nothing wrong with it, or even thinks he has the standing to judge himself with a different set of standards, yes that does cause me concern at this point-regardless of who is his. Even if a family member behaved this way I would do what I could to help, and then distance myself. His Board members no doubt share similar concerns IMO.

If my posts rise to the level of rants, then his IMO are nothing short of Manifestos of Hate. I want nothing to do with individuals like Amin who stake out such absolute positions. While I wish him well, his attacks do nothing to help those of us who are trying to convince our Boards that there are better ways to manage our communities-transparency and open communications for example. I'm the guy who starts threads to get input from people on how to improve the Board's performance. I have never started threads to bash anyone and have expressed disagreement when such threads appear.

Amin will no doubt trash me again, and it will go unanswered. His own actions will continue to speak volumes about him.

Thank you.

I hadn't got to this thread yet and I answered your previous thread. However, I am relieved that you finally admitted it. Your referral to terrorism was the first on this site, and, your first started with me and my name.
You need to understand and let me make that clear. I will never label anybody until I hear from them. In your first thread to me you wrote keep writing as it would make people good about their mental health. You first response to me contained an insult. Ofcourse I am used to insults of all type when I am inquiring about financials. People who have something to hide get defensive when I talk about looking at financials. Their last resort is to call me crazy: the dismissal tactic.May be you are not a board member and have nothing to hide but I believe others here are nervous that somebody would pick on this conversation, starts sounding familiar in their own community and start asking about financials. May be there was hurricane Ike distribution in their past. All I have said was that I have suspicions and nothing else , and just wanted to investigate it. over time your response went from helping ( I do admit your first one was trying to help also), to heavier insults. I am not the one backing away from anything, so one thing led to another and it got progressively worse. I still did not insult you first.
After the first week, I gave up on this site but then again I am not the type to let a BS go by without answering it. Thats all it has been from pretty much everybody : BS and a big waste of time. You might be surprised but as a business man I am not confrontational , just don't walk away from intimidation, harassment, or general BS.
Humor has its place. I do get you were trying to inject humor. I can go along with that, but then it comes to ethnic humor in the midst of me being serious and answering, all those smiley's don't help. It wouldn't bring a chuckle from me. Try going down on a street, find a minority guy and racially insult him o his face, but at the same time have a big smile on your face. Internet is not different in many ways.
Let me reiterate: not all board members are bad. The ones here seem to be stuck in the no-accounting lawless land . Some call sheriff on their neighbor and thats how they rule, some yell out "there is nothing to see here", or"no fraud ever committed by HOAs" and some try to rationalize how policing by the board members should be enough and no independent agencies needed at any cost , which should raise eyebrows when other fiduciary type institutions do have an independent accounting and have average taxpayer and their limited resources in mind when they file complaints. It has to be very cost effective and not an expensive lawsuit and forensic CPA.
Finally, people try to play victim where it matters. I never play that even when it could make a difference. I always express my opinions and call a BS a BS and return insults, etc. Playing victim here and change somebody's opinion won't make things different one iota. To me this site is pretty much worthless. There is no value here for me or for that matter any homeowner who would want advice on going against their HOA for any reason. His/her first response comes from the resident wolf pack here. I am just returning BSs and insults and will do it for as long as they come my way. Thats all.
TimB4
(Tennessee)

09/02/2013 8:50 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 8:45 AM

To me this site is pretty much worthless. There is no value here for me or for that matter any homeowner who would want advice on going against their HOA for any reason.

Yet, believing this, you still continue to visit the site and ask for advice from others who visit this site.

AminB

09/02/2013 9:02 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/01/2013 3:49 PM
I came here because whoever made this site , just like other board member trait highjacked the name. If I had known the characters that "dispense" advice here are board members I would have never even posted once. Its wishful thinking that board members would tell people how to get accounting form them.

Remember that first page? The one you used to sign up? What part of (emphasis added)
Meet the leaders and volunteers of other homeowners associations & condo associations. Discuss issues and share ideas, via our online discussion forum. We are growing fast, with over 26,000 members, thousands of discussion topics & news articles. To preview click here.

Membership is free and open to community association board members, committee members, volunteers & HOA professionals.

You came here looking to pick fights, guess you have nothing better to do since I suspect your neighbors are tired of listening to your whining. I have an uncle just like you who if you say it is sunny outside will point to the one small cloud off in the distance as proof that it isn't.

You see Amin we deal in facts, like the statutes Tim & I pointed out give you the right to see the documents. You deal with what you "know in your mind or suspect to be true." Which is why I suspect you haven't gone to inspect the documents, they just might prove you wrong. And I suspect your ego won't let you be wrong.

Better the statutes of limitations expire while you whine and pick fights over minutia and how hard it is than to actually try and be proven wrong.

Oh I remember that first page very well. I remember what fooled me: the word volunteers. I din't know it was wolf pack made of board members. I gave up after a week but had to answer insults , absurdities and down right dishonest opinions trying to dissuade me, that come when board members think a person looking through financials can happen in their own community.
Just as insincere and dishonest on reciting previous posts and being selective as you have ever been, I have responded why I won't inspect what they want me to see.
Just as wrong as you have been and will probably always be about me, the statue of limitations is on my mind and won't let your brethren HOAs get away with what could be potential theft. I deal in facts also. The fact is you are a liar with selective memory. Tim does a one-sided tabulation and calls it a survey of facts.
To get you and your one-sided , selective board member straight, I am not here for advice form people who I found out the type. The type that their whole interest is to be sure not to give me a rope to hang their brethren HOA even if deserved, and thereby hurting their own interest. I have stayed on after the first week to return insult, answer BS and point out absurdities.

GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 9:05 AM  
Amin,

I'm still working on my special assessment for sharks with frikkin laser beams attached to their heads.

Better watch out buddy ;)

AminB

09/02/2013 9:11 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/02/2013 8:29 AM
What don't I exactly get? Explain that to me and everyone else instead of keeping it secret and telling us we will never know or get it. Time to speak up!

Now for me not understanding money? Mmmm. I took accounting, business accounting, and ran a non-profit corporation SUCCESSFULLY for 3 years. Considering we had 107 homes paying $50 a month of which only 90 - 95 of them actually paid on time and were up to date on dues made it a tight budget. Our bills were $5,000 - $5,500 a month. It was 2K for Insurance, 2,100 for lawncare, $500 for trash pickup/recycling, $150 for water, $100 for utilities, $350 for accounting firm, $100 for pool care, $100 for pool chemicals, and $100 for miscellaneous repairs/supplies. For those doing the math that is $5500 in expenses a month. We collected on average $5,500 a month on a good month. Our savings had only $2K in it. We had to pay out $500 to the lawyer to pursue collections on those who don't pay.

Our property was over 20 years old and in need of extensive expensive repairs. Which we were able to complete without raising a due or having a special assessment. How? Simply because I knew how to budget our money and pursuing unpaid dues. No kickbacks or underhanded business. Just simply the law and the system... How does that fit into your little pea sized cap?

Tell me now how one makes a profit in their HOA when a HOA is set up to make no profit? Plus you can't get blood out of a turnip or HOA members... All of my work 100% FREE and VOLUNTEER... My only benefits I got? Some delicious potato salad (with bacon) when I was sick one time... Being a HOA President they say is a "Thankless job" and it is... However, I was truly THANKFULL that I had it... It allowed me to meet people and help them at no charge... I think board members who want compensation for work should not be board members... Once you want that, your done...

Funny how you like to size things. Try reading my previous posts. If you don't get it nothing will go through your head. HOAs are not for profit?????? Hey I believe you. After all they get insults and even threats with your sheriff-loving buddy and yet they stay there probably for some potato salad when they get sick. Wow who are you ?Mother Theresa?
But in all this pointlessness and waste of time answering you, I wanted ask you this. Did all this happen before you slept with your con buddy or after? Was he there all the time. Did he help you with the potato salad as well? How about hotdogs and hamburgers ?
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/02/2013 9:18 AM  
I am sorry did you not read a single document of your HOA? The Articles of Incorporation perhaps? The whole document stating a HOA is a NON PROFIT corporation? It is NOT a Charity type non-profit. It is a non profit corporation of which funds it collects is to go to the expenses of the HOA. A For-profit HOA? The profit would go back to it's members or towards the amenities that has the income. HOA For-Profits are rare and most are not. Your documents would tell you that.

Funny how you change the subject and lobby insults when you are told reality. You wanted someone to post their budget. I just did. No answer is ever good enough for you and you will always find a way around it. Insults, change of subject, or false claims of conspiracy... When all the time you are the very one doing these things...

Former HOA President
AminB

09/02/2013 9:22 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 9:05 AM
Amin,

I'm still working on my special assessment for sharks with frikkin laser beams attached to their heads.

Hey have you hugged your local sheriff today? you need it where you live,
GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 9:26 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 9:22 AM
Amin,

No need to... He is in on the take... Plenty of deadbeats for him to lock up. It's good for business ya know
AminB

09/02/2013 9:27 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/02/2013 9:18 AM
I am sorry did you not read a single document of your HOA? The Articles of Incorporation perhaps? The whole document stating a HOA is a NON PROFIT corporation? It is NOT a Charity type non-profit. It is a non profit corporation of which funds it collects is to go to the expenses of the HOA. A For-profit HOA? The profit would go back to it's members or towards the amenities that has the income. HOA For-Profits are rare and most are not. Your documents would tell you that.

Funny how you change the subject and lobby insults when you are told reality. You wanted someone to post their budget. I just did. No answer is ever good enough for you and you will always find a way around it. Insults, change of subject, or false claims of conspiracy... When all the time you are the very one doing these things...

So when it says non-profit I just believe it and never check it , huh? You say it and I believe you, huh?When did I want anywhere at anytime here on this utterly worthless website (when going against HOA interest) want a budget posted here? Over the internet , numbers are just numbers , that can be made up and your HOA is of no consequence to me anyway , even it were true.I don't trust anything you write let alone the numbers that probably your con buddy help you come up with.
AminB

09/02/2013 9:29 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 9:26 AM
Amin,

No need to... He is in on the take... Plenty of deadbeats for him to lock up. It's good for business ya know

I know. You just admitted it You are on the take. How come you never mention why that homeowner threatened you?What did he say? Should I give you time to come up with a story?
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 9:29 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 9:02 AM
Posted By GlenL on 09/01/2013 3:49 PM

Oh I remember that first page very well. I remember what fooled me: the word volunteers. I din't know it was wolf pack made of board members. I gave up after a week but had to answer insults , absurdities and down right dishonest opinions trying to dissuade me, that come when board members think a person looking through financials can happen in their own community.
Just as insincere and dishonest on reciting previous posts and being selective as you have ever been, I have responded why I won't inspect what they want me to see.
Just as wrong as you have been and will probably always be about me, the statue of limitations is on my mind and won't let your brethren HOAs get away with what could be potential theft. I deal in facts also. The fact is you are a liar with selective memory. Tim does a one-sided tabulation and calls it a survey of facts.
To get you and your one-sided , selective board member straight, I am not here for advice form people who I found out the type. The type that their whole interest is to be sure not to give me a rope to hang their brethren HOA even if deserved, and thereby hurting their own interest. I have stayed on after the first week to return insult, answer BS and point out absurdities.

Amin, you are a hoot and a half. Who do you think volunteers. whiners or doers?
We deal with facts and you deal with fantasies and what ifs. In the time you have been explaining why you were afraid to look at the books, you could have.
But it's easier to make things up and accuse people of crimes to explain your failings than admit you got nothing.

AminB

09/02/2013 9:30 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 09/02/2013 8:50 AM
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 8:45 AM

To me this site is pretty much worthless. There is no value here for me or for that matter any homeowner who would want advice on going against their HOA for any reason.

Yet, believing this, you still continue to visit the site and ask for advice from others who visit this site.

Don't believe that for a second, not if the same wolf pack come is creeping here and offers to "dispense" advice.
GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 9:31 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 9:29 AM
Amin,

I know. You just admitted it You are on the take. How come you never mention why that homeowner threatened you?What did he say? Should I give you time to come up with a story?

You are so obtuse you cannot even see obvious humor.
GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 9:36 AM  
Amin,

Our real plan is to keep you so engaged here that your HOA Board of Directors has time to cover their tracks.

It seems to be working perfectly too.

Gotta go... I have your Board president on our backdoor hotline... Toodles...
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 9:38 AM  
GnomeX he's not obtuse, he's simply a lonely and bitter human being who's neighbors probably run the other way when they see him, tired of his false claims and accusations. So he comes here looking to pick fights, so someone will pay attention to his sad pathetic life and give him some validation. And no I'm not a psychiatrist simply an observer of human behavior.

AminB

09/02/2013 9:39 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 09/01/2013 9:53 AM
Posted By AminB on 09/01/2013 9:28 AM

Amin,

Who was this post directed toward?

In case it was directed at me, allow me to comment.

If you believe that proxies should not be used then gather support and change what needs to be changed to no longer allow them. If you don't believe that the proxies should be abolished or that what needs to be changed can't be changed, then use the proxies against those who are in office by getting up, knocking on doors and sending out letters to have as many members as possible name you as their proxy instead of naming the Board. This way, you would control more of the votes. Perhaps, if you work hard enough, you will control enough votes to make the decisions of who does and doesn't sit on your Board.

I believe that VA laws do have teeth in them. If you don't please tell me exactly where you don't think it has any and I would be happy to debate that with you.

As for audits, I would take your bet as you would lose. Our governing documents require one every two years. In fact, I went through one two years ago and we are due for another one in 2014. I would also like to add that the auditors reports are handed out at the annual meeting and available before that on our Associations website.

As for skeletons in closets, I would expect everyone, including you, has something that they would prefer not be public knowledge. As for my Association, I'm confident that there is enough light for any member who wants to take the time and make an effort to look to see them.

Well, I said VA laws. It must be you. Don''t bet on those audits as insincere as you have ever been and trying to hide behind them Same as our HOA. You see and you already know, those are internal audits, a rubber stamp, kind o like Arthur Anderson auditing Enron, useless and you know how that ended . What has got my HOA all riled up is that I am trying to conduct an external audit. Something to look for if somebody in your own community doesn't trust your internal audit and tries to do his own audit. In fact this is the title of my original thread.
As for skeletons in the closet,again your flawed board logic shows through.I am not talking about a person. I am talking about this non-profit corporation called HOA. You guys who are "elected" I believe have a lot of skeletons in the corp. closet and thats why you are not for independent agency. BTW you didn't answered me, since your answers are so selective. How about an independent agency for $5 per year per homeowner. Would you go with such an independent agency?
TimB4
(Tennessee)

09/02/2013 9:41 AM  

Tim does a one-sided tabulation and calls it a survey of facts.

Actually I called it a review.
I summarized your issue and then I said "As a review"

The only thing you have really complained about is that I didn't list complaints made by individuals toward you. Because I didn't include that number you believe that the other numbers of what occurred in those 242 posts were inaccurate. Yet, you have never indicated that you went back and verified (I provided the links to the threads used so this could be done) and specifically identified where I was incorrect (example: I only insulted people 43 times, not 44).

I've invited you to take that time. You have refused.

Instead you seem to just want to post how the tabulation is one sided.
I've admitted that in hindsight it probably would have been good to include them. However, that's not good enough for you.

Amin, you appear to want other people to do the work you can do for yourself.
I see that as laziness and I see laziness as a character flaw.

Well if that is the only reason your staying, I see no reason to continue postings with you as I was actually trying to help you with your issue.

Again, I wish you well and I wish you luck in resolving your issue.

This is my last posting to Amin.
AminB

09/02/2013 9:42 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 9:31 AM
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 9:29 AM
Amin,

You are so obtuse you cannot even see obvious humor.

You called sheriff on your neighbor. Try some humor on him or the guy who threatened you. It might butter them up. How come again you don't explain why he threatened you? What was his point? Or you just made an excuse to come up with a story?
GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 9:45 AM  
Does this guy even have a job?
AminB

09/02/2013 9:50 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 09/02/2013 9:41 AM

Tim does a one-sided tabulation and calls it a survey of facts.

Actually I called it a review.
I summarized your issue and then I said "As a review"

The only thing you have really complained about is that I didn't list complaints made by individuals toward you. Because I didn't include that number you believe that the other numbers of what occurred in those 242 posts were inaccurate. Yet, you have never indicated that you went back and verified (I provided the links to the threads used so this could be done) and specifically identified where I was incorrect (example: I only insulted people 43 times, not 44).

I've invited you to take that time. You have refused.

Instead you seem to just want to post how the tabulation is one sided.
I've admitted that in hindsight it probably would have been good to include them. However, that's not good enough for you.

Amin, you appear to want other people to do the work you can do for yourself.
I see that as laziness and I see laziness as a character flaw.

Well if that is the only reason your staying, I see no reason to continue postings with you as I was actually trying to help you with your issue.

Again, I wish you well and I wish you luck in resolving your issue.

This is my last posting to Amin.

No thats not all I complained or all I am staying for. Your stats didn't mean anything to me, just the one-sidedness and obvious bias brought complaints from me. I also complained because you don't want an independent accounting at any expense. If a character flaw is not correcting your own admitted mistakes and that is called laziness , then thats sounds you who did it are lazier and thats even more of a character flaw.But then again, I'd rather have this as my character flaw than having a moral flaw like you board members here seem to have.
AminB

09/02/2013 9:56 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 9:45 AM
Does this guy even have a job?

I am one of those types of homeowners who pays your salary so you then rip them off.I don't have your type of job which is submitting phony claims, doctoring documents. I have several rentals and one of them happened to be 6 feet away from a board member who filed insurance claim when no one in the vicinity, mine and 15 others didn't. Thats how I know there is a fraud. Remember that for your next time that you file phony insurance claims (that you admitted that you do). Make sure there are other people around that have filed , so your fraud won't be discovered, not at least by an external audit and not at least for quite some time and may be if you are good,which seems you are with the Sheriff and all , forever.

But then again you dodged the answer as many of you rip-off artists here seem to be good at.
How come again you don't explain why he threatened you? What was his point?
AminB

09/02/2013 9:59 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/02/2013 9:38 AM
GnomeX he's not obtuse, he's simply a lonely and bitter human being who's neighbors probably run the other way when they see him, tired of his false claims and accusations. So he comes here looking to pick fights, so someone will pay attention to his sad pathetic life and give him some validation. And no I'm not a psychiatrist simply an observer of human behavior.

No Glen , you're not a psychiatrist but looks like you need one.
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 10:04 AM  
That's OK buddy, we're here for you. Tick-tock times a wastin' better get those records reviewed or are you still waiting for that mythical government agency to come to your rescue?

GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 10:28 AM  

Now even I have evidently admitted to phony insurance claims? *facepalm* I have never filed an insurance claim in my life.

This is beyond a credibility issue. This person is obviously mentally unstable. Someone needs to take notice in his/her community. I just hope he/she isn't a violent threat to in his/her community.
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 10:34 AM  
GromeX, Amin is so used to making baseless accusations s/he sometimes gets carried away trying to get attention. Like the little kid in the corner jumping up and down yelling: "Look at me, look at me."

AminB

09/02/2013 10:34 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 10:28 AM

Now even I have evidently admitted to phony insurance claims? *facepalm* I have never filed an insurance claim in my life.

This is beyond a credibility issue. This person is obviously mentally unstable. Someone needs to take notice in his/her community. I just hope he/she isn't a violent threat to in his/her community.

Still no answer ey? When people want to find out about financials you dodge the answers or in your own community call the Sheriff on them.

What was the homeowner beef with you that he threatened you and you don't want to divulge here ? Did you rip him off??
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 10:37 AM  
Amin, we can sort out GromeX's problems later, you're on a deadline. Why, oh why won't you go inspect your records?????? What are you afraid of besides getting the evil eye?????

AminB

09/02/2013 10:38 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/02/2013 10:04 AM
That's OK buddy, we're here for you. Tick-tock times a wastin' better get those records reviewed or are you still waiting for that mythical government agency to come to your rescue?

yeah just keep on writing disingenuous , insincere and downright dishonest threads like this absurdity. Hey following your advice I might disband my HOA by the year 2033. Ofcourse me and the other homeowners have to do something about the pool hanging out here. You're chuck full of advice aren't you with this bogus thread?
GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 10:41 AM  
I dunno Glen I hope you are right. I am really thinking this person is mentally unstable.
AminB

09/02/2013 10:43 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/02/2013 10:37 AM
Amin, we can sort out GromeX's problems later, you're on a deadline. Why, oh why won't you go inspect your records?????? What are you afraid of besides getting the evil eye?????

Yeah give Gnome time too fabricate a story. He sure has problems, doesn't he?Besides being a druggie or vino that he said in his original post, I bet when he sees the neighbor he called the sheriff on he'll change directions.After all he is your buddy ,isn't he? BTW, don't keep on drinking that water. It is affecting your brain. You just can't retain things.
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 10:47 AM  
Ah Amin, I see what your problem is, you too are easily distracted. You came here wanting to know why you couldn't see documents even though you admitted they said you could see them. Now you want to disband your HOA, well that was the purpose of the original post, that should be a starting point for you.

Oh wait, I think you're in a Condo Association not a HOA, I don't know how to disband one of those, in fact I specifically warned that the advice posted wasn't for Condo's. Start with your CC&R's, somewhere in there should be how to disband.

GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 10:48 AM  
Oops - you are too easily not you too are easily

AminB

09/02/2013 10:52 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/02/2013 10:47 AM
Ah Amin, I see what your problem is, you too are easily distracted. You came here wanting to know why you couldn't see documents even though you admitted they said you could see them. Now you want to disband your HOA, well that was the purpose of the original post, that should be a starting point for you.

Oh wait, I think you're in a Condo Association not a HOA, I don't know how to disband one of those, in fact I specifically warned that the advice posted wasn't for Condo's. Start with your CC&R's, somewhere in there should be how to disband.

The problem is that you drink something that is affecting your memory and makes you forget. I won't repeat that, just cut down on the water and slowly refer back to my earlier posts.
No Glen, the subject of the thread sounded interesting at first, then fishy during and then at the end a downright fraud and dishonest thread. I think in about 20 years following your advice I might succeed ,even longer now that its a condo.
AminB

09/02/2013 10:54 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 10:41 AM
I dunno Glen I hope you are right. I am really thinking this person is mentally unstable.

Oh look who is double teaming me, fric and frac. Why don't you answer me frac?

What is the nature of the threat your neighbor made against you. Did you rip him off as I suspect?
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 11:09 AM  
Amin like I said, you get distracted too easily. Why won't you go inspect your documents, they're waiting for you buddy.

AminB

09/02/2013 11:11 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/02/2013 11:09 AM
Amin like I said, you get distracted too easily. Why won't you go inspect your documents, they're waiting for you buddy.

As I said Glen, you are insincere and on top f that drink that water. I don't know whats in it , but I think it makes you lose retention.
TimB4
(Tennessee)

09/02/2013 11:18 AM  
Glen and Gnome,

I offer the same advice to you as I offered to Frank and it's advice I wish I had taken myself far sooner than I did.

Amin has already stated that he is only continuing to stay here to "return insult, answer BS and point out absurdities."

I don't think a reasonable person would agree with what Amin sees as an absurdity. BS is in the eye of the beholder and trading insults back and forth is simply non-productive.

Therefore, it's simply not worth the time and energy to continue conversing with Amin.
AminB

09/02/2013 11:26 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 09/02/2013 11:18 AM
Glen and Gnome,

I offer the same advice to you as I offered to Frank and it's advice I wish I had taken myself far sooner than I did.

Amin has already stated that he is only continuing to stay here to "return insult, answer BS and point out absurdities."

I don't think a reasonable person would agree with what Amin sees as an absurdity. BS is in the eye of the beholder and trading insults back and forth is simply non-productive.

Therefore, it's simply not worth the time and energy to continue conversing with Amin.

I wish you had taken yourself off earlier too. Would have saved me bunch of time reminding you of your one-sided tabulations and your dodging answers in the form of "its your opinion" . As you can see I have stayed here because absurdities, lies, dishonesties, dodging answers, selective answers and so on and on have continued. There is no value for me to this site, not unless I ask something harmless to the foundation of the HOA industry, which is based on crookedness, no accounting and illegal under the table activities.
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 11:58 AM  
Tim I had Amin's number way, way back but like I told him, his continued postings keep the tread alive and let people know just how hard it is to disband a HOA, not impossible just hard. His name calling has a purpose too, it let's everyone know he has no argument or facts. Reminding him that he is the one who is afraid to see the facts. Well that's just icing on the cake.

GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 12:52 PM  
Well mental stability aside, IMHO this person is violating the forum rules with their baseless accusations and libelous conduct against any and all volunteer Board members. It is one thing to be critical. It is another thing entirely to twist people's words and falsely accuse every single Board member on this forum of criminal acts without any evidence whatsoever. And then have the audacity to proclaim they are a moral person. That isn't moral. It is deceptive and dishonest.

I honestly do not understand why this person hasn't banned from the forums already.
AminB

09/02/2013 1:07 PM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/02/2013 11:58 AM
Tim I had Amin's number way, way back but like I told him, his continued postings keep the tread alive and let people know just how hard it is to disband a HOA, not impossible just hard. His name calling has a purpose too, it let's everyone know he has no argument or facts. Reminding him that he is the one who is afraid to see the facts. Well that's just icing on the cake.

Just couple of fun guys passing cake and incing and congratulations each other. Two insincere , dishonest guys who tabulate one-sidededly or just conveniently forget the things that have been told time and time again.I think your problem is the water and what's in it that you drink and how you deceptively forget things. You are just and honest untrustworthy person who can make up things and remember only the things you want to remember.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Page 7 of 8 << < 12345678 > >>
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > How to Disband Your HOA

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement