Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Tuesday, November 30, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: How to Disband Your HOA
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Page 3 of 8 << < 12345678 > >>
Author Messages
GnomeX
(Washington)

08/20/2013 10:23 AM  
3 years on the Board and all my hair has fallen out. My transformation to evil is complete.
AminB

08/20/2013 10:39 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/20/2013 10:23 AM
3 years on the Board and all my hair has fallen out. My transformation to evil is complete.

So typical of a board member. Anybody forcing you to stay on the board and watch your hair falling on a daily basis?

So many complaints but yet they all seem to be happy keeping their seat .

Amazing isn't it? Its a masochistic behavior with " no reward" !!!

Tell that to someone who believes it.
AminB

08/20/2013 10:50 AM  
Posted By FrankS10 on 08/20/2013 9:44 AM
Amin,

In all sincerity I believe you have received your answer. I don't think anyone here can think of a good reason why you can not see/have a copy of the documents you mention. I can not think of any reason why not.

I don't believe you are making anyone nervous or putting them on the spot. Yet again you mention illegal activities and I guess more than just me is wondering why you have not reported these activities. That is my question to you-have you reported the illegal activities you allege to the controlling authorities? And a follow-up to that-if not, why not? And if yes, what have you been told so far?

Thanks.

I know I have my answer. I am just answering so an honest homeowner browsing through this webiste will see how these board (gang) members are trying to defend the indefensible.

Now about your other points, who do I complain to?
Do you know an agency who would handle HOA disputes that I can go to? I c0mplained to AG and they sent my complaint right back to me, telling ,me they don't get involved in homeowner disputes. You see ,board (gang) members have it good. They can operate with impunity.
If you don't think I am making anybody nervous , why are all these gang (board) members defending an HOA that they don't even know where its located, etc.?
If I am not putting anybody on the spot, how come my questions go unanswered?
AminB

08/20/2013 10:56 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/20/2013 10:21 AM
Next special assessment, we plan to divert those funds to our sharks with frikkin laser beams.

No, that would be too obvious. Although I have seen board members and property mangers get sent to prison on that also. too. You just wait for another major repair or improvement. Then you get your kickbacks from contractors. Thats how it can work also. Doesn't it?
How about a natural disaster? Nobody would be watching you and insurance companies don't do a thorough check during those periods. Thats when you can submit a phony insurance claim and wallah, you make lots of money.

Thats why you guys try to keep a lid on board activities and when an honest homeowner wants to find out if you guys were on the up and up, all you gang members converge and try to dissuade him.
AminB

08/20/2013 10:59 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/20/2013 10:13 AM
Just tell Amin what he wants to hear. All us Board members are liars and cheats in on "the take". Our conspiracy has been uncovered. Our secret volcano lair has been unearthed.

No not all. Just the ones here who try to dismiss me or dissuade me from going after them. They become so nervous. One of their own members could be reading this and get ideas.

GlenL
(Ohio)

08/20/2013 3:22 PM  
Posted By AminB on 08/20/2013 7:55 AM
I ask you the questions again:
Do you see any good reason why I am not allowed to view the following documents from my HOA?

Financial Statements with Actual vs. Budget Comparison for 2009 and 2010

Reports by auditors who reviewed the Financial Statements for 2009 and 2010

I have asked you several times and never got an answer. I am not holding my breath this time either. Submitting phony insurance claims, getting kickback from contractors and other illegal activities doesn't leave you and other board members here on firm moral standing to answer.

And I have answered you several times and you choose to ignore it. You have every right, I even cited the section of statutes that gives you the right. You admitted in another post that the MC said you could inspect. The kicker is you actually have to make the request and follow through with it instead of making claims on the interweb that some mysterious cabal is out to stop you.

How about answering this too , which you did not answer in my prior posting either.

Why are you defending an HOA that you don't even know its name, location, city ,etc.?

I don't think your level of integrity goes that high or that you are a man and express your opinion one way or another.

I'm not defending the HOA. Why would you think that when I have told you repeatedly you have the right to see the documents requested, cited the law for you and encouraged you to actually go inspect them?

Since you question integrity how much do you have when it would be a simple matter to make an appointment and go inspect the records you want to see and find out if there is actually any malfeasance going on rather than make claims on what you "know" but have no proof of?

If these Board members of yours are truly guilty then they belong off the Board and in jail, for the things you accuse them of are actual crimes.

For you I have another question:

I am on this site to get experience from honest homeowners that have been through similar situation not a board(gang) member like you.

While I haven't been through a similar situation, neither am I currently a Board member, I haven't served on the Board since 2006

What is your take compare to an average street gang? We're all anonymous. You can divulge that. Its just so interesting to me that I have got you and a few other characters here so nervous It must be a lot when they all congregate here and try to debunk somebody they don't even know, or try to dodge questions put to them which they can answer yes or no anonymously behind a computer monitor.

I guess I'll hear from you in a couple of days, with you hoping I have forgotten how I have put you in an embarrassing spot.

Compare what to an average street gang? I presume you mean compare a HOA Board to an average street gang. Never having dealt with a street gang, I have no way of making such a comparison.

Now I have a question for you: Where are all of your fellow homeowners? Surely by now you have made them aware of all of the improprieties you say are going on. Why haven't they replaced the Board, called for an audit and alerted the authorities? They seem pretty mellow bunch to allow these people to remain in power and stealing (according to you) from them. Especially for Texans.

Studies show that 5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions
TimB4
(Tennessee)

08/20/2013 3:44 PM  
Posted By AminB on 08/20/2013 10:39 AM

Anybody forcing you to stay on the board and watch your hair falling on a daily basis?

Amin,

In your Association, have you volunteered and submitted your name as a nominee to serve on your Board?

In your Association, have you volunteered to serve on any committee within your Association?

If you have, I applaud your volunteerism. It doesn't matter if the Association took you up on your offer or not, it matters that you offered. Many Board members actually continue to serve because there aren't enough volunteers.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

08/20/2013 4:25 PM  
If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.
FrankS10
(Kansas)

08/20/2013 7:10 PM  
Contact your county attorney, and if zero help there go to the press. Lastly, the courts. I bet most of the others, if not all, would agree to that strategy if your allegations are true.

Again, with all due respect I believe everyone here is giving good advice. I am not a Board member, so I am not part of a gang. I think that most Board members are good, and the few that are not worthy of the responsibility give the rest a bad name just by association.

I just don't agree, at least in my area of the country, that most BODs are operating a criminal entity as you suggest. That's just my honest opinion and if anyone was really worried about what you are saying I think they would shut up. Mostly I think this thread is like a car wreck people can't look away from. Also people keep coming back because it is entertaining, and also because it makes them feel good about their own mental health
BonnieG1
(Nebraska)

08/20/2013 7:50 PM  
Disbaning a HOA sounds easier that disbaning a COA. We would have to sell the building and that would take a vote of at least 75% of the members and maybe 85%. Depends on what part of our state law we need to abide by.
GnomeX
(Washington)

08/20/2013 9:49 PM  

So typical of a board member. Anybody forcing you to stay on the board and watch your hair falling on a daily basis?

Our hair falls out when we pledge allegiance to the DARK LORD and crush the people. Such sweet rewards. Muwahahaha!

You are not dealing with the "diet coke of evil" here Amin.

*rolls eyes*
AminB

08/21/2013 8:56 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 08/20/2013 3:22 PM
I ask you the questions again:
Do you see any good reason why I am not allowed to view the following documents from my HOA?

I have asked you several times and never got an answer. I am not holding my breath this time either. Submitting phony insurance claims, getting kickback from contractors and other illegal activities doesn't leave you and other board members here on firm moral standing to answer.

And I have answered you several times and you choose to ignore it. You have every right, I even cited the section of statutes that gives you the right. You admitted in another post that the MC said you could inspect. The kicker is you actually have to make the request and follow through with it instead of making claims on the interweb that some mysterious cabal is out to stop you.

How about answering this too , which you did not answer in my prior posting either.

Why are you defending an HOA that you don't even know its name, location, city ,etc.?

I don't think your level of integrity goes that high or that you are a man and express your opinion one way or another.

I'm not defending the HOA. Why would you think that when I have told you repeatedly you have the right to see the documents requested, cited the law for you and encouraged you to actually go inspect them?

Since you question integrity how much do you have when it would be a simple matter to make an appointment and go inspect the records you want to see and find out if there is actually any malfeasance going on rather than make claims on what you "know" but have no proof of?

If these Board members of yours are truly guilty then they belong off the Board and in jail, for the things you accuse them of are actual crimes.

For you I have another question:

I am on this site to get experience from honest homeowners that have been through similar situation not a board(gang) member like you.

While I haven't been through a similar situation, neither am I currently a Board member, I haven't served on the Board since 2006

What is your take compare to an average street gang? We're all anonymous. You can divulge that. Its just so interesting to me that I have got you and a few other characters here so nervous It must be a lot when they all congregate here and try to debunk somebody they don't even know, or try to dodge questions put to them which they can answer yes or no anonymously behind a computer monitor.

I guess I'll hear from you in a couple of days, with you hoping I have forgotten how I have put you in an embarrassing spot.

Compare what to an average street gang? I presume you mean compare a HOA Board to an average street gang. Never having dealt with a street gang, I have no way of making such a comparison.

Now I have a question for you: Where are all of your fellow homeowners? Surely by now you have made them aware of all of the improprieties you say are going on. Why haven't they replaced the Board, called for an audit and alerted the authorities? They seem pretty mellow bunch to allow these people to remain in power and stealing (according to you) from them. Especially for Texans.

Typical board member response and somebody who gets defensive when he is accused of illegal activities. I don't have any power in my HOA, trying to see where my money went and here you are asking questions from me!!!

Only a board member can come up with something like that. You may not be on the board but the fringe benefits are too attractive for people like you to pass them by. You might got tired of dealing with homeowners (may be anger), but you sill have close association and friendship with them and sharing those benefits, like introducing a new contractor, or a new insurance agent or something else and getting some kickbacks from them. You sure are defending the HOAs.I don't see you giving me any meaningful help as to how best get my answers. Speaking of Q and As , I guess you just can't answer a question directly.

Say yes or no. Can you do that?

AminB

08/21/2013 8:56 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/20/2013 9:49 PM

Our hair falls out when we pledge allegiance to the DARK LORD and crush the people. Such sweet rewards. Muwahahaha!

*rolls eyes*

Are you on something?
AminB

08/21/2013 8:59 AM  
Posted By BonnieG1 on 08/20/2013 7:50 PM
Disbaning a HOA sounds easier that disbaning a COA. We would have to sell the building and that would take a vote of at least 75% of the members and maybe 85%. Depends on what part of our state law we need to abide by.

That is when you sell the building. Disbanding the HOA and keep the building is a whole different matter that this disingenuous and insincere thread is all about.
It really tries to tell people "don't disband your valuable HOA or you'll be in a heap of trouble". It has a hidden agenda.
AminB

08/21/2013 9:09 AM  
Posted By FrankS10 on 08/20/2013 7:10 PM
Contact your county attorney, and if zero help there go to the press. Lastly, the courts. I bet most of the others, if not all, would agree to that strategy if your allegations are true.

Again, with all due respect I believe everyone here is giving good advice. I am not a Board member, so I am not part of a gang. I think that most Board members are good, and the few that are not worthy of the responsibility give the rest a bad name just by association.

I just don't agree, at least in my area of the country, that most BODs are operating a criminal entity as you suggest. That's just my honest opinion and if anyone was really worried about what you are saying I think they would shut up. Mostly I think this thread is like a car wreck people can't look away from. Also people keep coming back because it is entertaining, and also because it makes them feel good about their own mental health

That could be a useful piece of information. I will contact the county attorney and hopefully they might force them to open their books to me. The courts have been my last resort and I already know about them. This is why I am here trying to see what else can I do so I don't have to go to court and be able to inspect the books.
Mostly HOAs are made of ordinary people with immense powers. They also have no accounting to anybody. The county attorney you suggested might give me a faint hope , but I don't bet on it . Boar members have ordinary money problems on and off and since nobody is watching they can easily dip into the pot , all the while promising themselves they would put it back. The same goes with property managers who work closely with the board. Just last week in Virgina there was the treasurer of an HOA who was convicted of $300K embezzlement.
About the car wreck I think what you are referring to might be board members looking at a car wreck in their own future and all the money they have misappropriated.I am only here asking questions. People who are nervously trying to dissuade me going after them are probably looking at one car wreck in their lives: themselves and their own members having a wreck over funds. Do you see any other reasons they defend an HOA they don't even know?
AminB

08/21/2013 9:11 AM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 08/20/2013 4:25 PM
If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

The jellyfish speaks. Still nothing meaningful with no start and no end and not answering the question asked of him. Just like a jellyfish.
AminB

08/21/2013 9:13 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 08/20/2013 3:44 PM

Anybody forcing you to stay on the board and watch your hair falling on a daily basis?

Amin,

In your Association, have you volunteered and submitted your name as a nominee to serve on your Board?

In your Association, have you volunteered to serve on any committee within your Association?

If you have, I applaud your volunteerism. It doesn't matter if the Association took you up on your offer or not, it matters that you offered. Many Board members actually continue to serve because there aren't enough volunteers.

A typical board tactic: diversion
What does that have to do with me trying to find out what happened to my money and if there was misappropriation of funds?

Our board members continue to serve because there is money to be made under the table.
GnomeX
(Washington)

08/21/2013 12:19 PM  
Posted By AminB on 08/21/2013 8:56 AM

*rolls eyes*

Are you on something?

You have to be on something to read 5 pages of this.

FrankS10
(Kansas)

08/21/2013 1:50 PM  
Amin,

I'm not seeing anyone defend an HOA they don't know to answer your last question to me. What I am observing is people not willing to rush to judgment that there has been criminal activity just because someone they don't know says it has occurred given they are an anonymous poster on a web site. I think their caution is wise as well given what I think many interpret as an antagonistic approach on your part. I recognize it clearly as I often take the same approach with people who I have lost patience with. Wrong for us to do so.

When I communicate with my Board about behavior I do not think should have occurred, I am specific as to the behavior and how it possibly qualifies as not allowed by either our HOA governing documents, state law, or just plain common sense. As someone said on another thread, everything is not black and white. So even behaviors that may not be covered under the documents can IMO be challenged by asking how the membership benefits from said behavior, as well as pointing out how it may be detrimental to the membership and/or run against their fiduciary responsibility.

In your case, the accusations are nothing to sneeze at. If true, law enforcement should be able to provide help. If totally unfounded and the Board tried to answer your questions and received the same treatment people are here, I would not blame them for making you work for the information. I am starting to suspect this may be at least partially what is going on. Regarding everyone here who you may think is also a crook because they did not answer your question in the manner you wanted-logically I think a crook would be more apt to remain silent than draw attention to themselves.

My advice, pay for the copies and have your CPA give you their assessment before you level any more accusations. I bet your CPA can better advise you what your legal rights are to documents in your state.

If you find out you are wrong, apologize quickly. If your suspicions prove true, ask your CPA to formally notify the proper authorities along with you. Maybe whistle blower laws in your state would then provide some protection?

Are you spending as much time taking action with the advice you are receiving as you are typing here? If so, we should hear some news soon?
GlenL
(Ohio)

08/21/2013 1:56 PM  

No there is no good reason you can't see them - yes you have the right to see them.
I've repeatedly said that you have the right to see them, I've quoted the statute that says you have the right to see them. You admitted they said you can see them but for some reason you are reluctant to actually see them. Could it be that they would prove the opposite of what you claim and you couldn't handle it? Instead of making baseless claims without proof, get the proof and throw the miscreants out.

Why won't you go see them? What are you afraid of?

JonD1

08/21/2013 4:40 PM  
Amin is the poor victim here.

The Board is stealing, raping, robbing, gang member filled criminal enterprise, filing false insurance claims and the best Amin can muster is posting on an internet website asking those who don't have the records WHY CAN'T I SEE THEM???

Now that's productive.

And then the "spineless jellyfish" wow is he some badass or what?

But before long no doubt he will pose the same question a few more times as if this means something.

It means Amin is a do nothing whiner who can't muster the balls to find out whether what he claims is in fact true or not.

If you whine enough nothing will happen. Hard for Amin to put that together.

But actually accomplishing something is more than likely not par for the course for Amin.

JohnC46
(South Carolina)

08/21/2013 4:57 PM  
Posted By JonD1 on 08/21/2013 4:40 PM

The Board is stealing, raping, robbing, gang member filled criminal enterprise, filing false insurance claims and the best Amin can muster is posting on an internet website asking those who don't have the records WHY CAN'T I SEE THEM???

Now that's productive.

But before long no doubt he will pose the same question a few more times as if this means something.

It means Amin is a do nothing whiner who can't muster the balls to find out whether what he claims is in fact true or not.

But actually accomplishing something is more than likely not par for the course for Amin.

Burn, pillage, etc. I want on that BOD. I love burning and pillaging.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

08/21/2013 4:59 PM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 08/21/2013 4:57 PM

Now that's productive.

Oops. No edit. Pillage then burn. I do not want the stuff I stole have burn marks on it.
AminB

08/22/2013 6:27 AM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 08/21/2013 4:59 PM
Posted By JohnC46 on 08/21/2013 4:57 PM

Now that's productive.

Oops. No edit. Pillage then burn. I do not want the stuff I stole have burn marks on it.

Still a jellyfish. Can't answer the question below:

AminB

08/22/2013 6:28 AM  

Now that's productive.

Time off psychiatrist couch?

How about answering a direct question , you jellyfish (among other things)

AminB

08/22/2013 6:37 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 08/21/2013 1:56 PM

No there is no good reason you can't see them - yes you have the right to see them.
I've repeatedly said that you have the right to see them, I've quoted the statute that says you have the right to see them. You admitted they said you can see them but for some reason you are reluctant to actually see them. Could it be that they would prove the opposite of what you claim and you couldn't handle it? Instead of making baseless claims without proof, get the proof and throw the miscreants out.

Why won't you go see them? What are you afraid of?

And I repeatedly told you why it will be a waste of time. You just have a selective memory, don't you? refer to previous posting as I outlined before , lines 10 thru 12. You'll get your answer.
But at least you answered this question and you answered there is no good reason for me not to see them. Thats my whole point. I sum it up for you and will mark that so I can send you back to this moment , in case selective amnesia sets in again. Because I am not allowed to see them, a financial document belonging to Hurricane Ike time, I suspect fraud. So I got here to see if anybody has been through a similar situation . I didn't expect board members here be so nervous as to jump on the opportunity to tell me :there is nothing to see . So far I have had miniscule help here.
So you see I haven't made any claims, just having suspicions. Got it?
AminB

08/22/2013 6:56 AM  
Posted By FrankS10 on 08/21/2013 1:50 PM
Amin,

I'm not seeing anyone defend an HOA they don't know to answer your last question to me. What I am observing is people not willing to rush to judgment that there has been criminal activity just because someone they don't know says it has occurred given they are an anonymous poster on a web site. I think their caution is wise as well given what I think many interpret as an antagonistic approach on your part. I recognize it clearly as I often take the same approach with people who I have lost patience with. Wrong for us to do so.

When I communicate with my Board about behavior I do not think should have occurred, I am specific as to the behavior and how it possibly qualifies as not allowed by either our HOA governing documents, state law, or just plain common sense. As someone said on another thread, everything is not black and white. So even behaviors that may not be covered under the documents can IMO be challenged by asking how the membership benefits from said behavior, as well as pointing out how it may be detrimental to the membership and/or run against their fiduciary responsibility.

In your case, the accusations are nothing to sneeze at. If true, law enforcement should be able to provide help. If totally unfounded and the Board tried to answer your questions and received the same treatment people are here, I would not blame them for making you work for the information. I am starting to suspect this may be at least partially what is going on. Regarding everyone here who you may think is also a crook because they did not answer your question in the manner you wanted-logically I think a crook would be more apt to remain silent than draw attention to themselves.

My advice, pay for the copies and have your CPA give you their assessment before you level any more accusations. I bet your CPA can better advise you what your legal rights are to documents in your state.

If you find out you are wrong, apologize quickly. If your suspicions prove true, ask your CPA to formally notify the proper authorities along with you. Maybe whistle blower laws in your state would then provide some protection?

Are you spending as much time taking action with the advice you are receiving as you are typing here? If so, we should hear some news soon?

Well, its time to take another look at your observations . All I have had here is that there hasn't been any fraud and you don't have any proof.
Let me sum it up for you . It seems like I can't get through to you and a few others here.
I asked to see financial documents belonging to years covering Hurricane Ike. I was denied. That made me suspicious. Before going to the courts, I found out about this site and erroneously thought its made of homeowners like me, who might have been in similar situations and can share their experience. I have lost count as to how many times I have told you this and yet you keep repeating it as if these are accusations. I hope you can see the difference between accusation and suspicion. At this point I doubt that you do.
Regarding the advice I get here that you pointed out ( I assume you think its valuable), its practically worthless. Its mostly nervous board members trying to stop me from investigating financial documents , fearing this might give their own members ideas. I will try county attorney, but my experience with Attorney General doesn't give me much hope.Unless there is an agency that is specific for homeowner complaints, all this is whistling in the wind. You guys have unchecked powers and this much power in the hands of ordinary people can lead to corruption.
Regarding apology, I refer you to line 7 of this current posting. Making baseless accusation to somebody you personally know would need an apology.
Having suspicions means you don't have to say you're sorry. It just means you are suspicious and want to find out if your suspicions are true.This is common sense , but then again you board members, just can't get it through your head, can you?
AminB

08/22/2013 6:58 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/21/2013 12:19 PM

*rolls eyes*

Are you on something?

hey bubba, looks like you might have lost more than hair in the past 3 years.
I ask you again, did anybody force you to stay on for the past 3 years?
FrankS10
(Kansas)

08/22/2013 8:47 AM  
Amin,

Please read slowly;

I AM NOT A BOARD MEMBER!
AminB

08/22/2013 8:56 AM  
Posted By FrankS10 on 08/22/2013 8:47 AM
Amin,

Please read slowly;

I AM NOT A BOARD MEMBER!

Since it seems like you reply to my postings for whatever reason, I wish you had remembered what I posted for you just yesterday.

I wrote, that board members don't just go away. They hang around and keep association with the current board members and still make money by getting kickbacks, like introducing a new contractor, insurance agent. , etc .You see, I live in the real world.
FrankS10
(Kansas)

08/22/2013 9:31 AM  
OK, Just wanted to be sure you remembered as with you previous post you responded to me I thought you might be under the impression that I am a Board member. Thanks.
AminB

08/22/2013 9:57 AM  
Posted By FrankS10 on 08/22/2013 9:31 AM
OK, Just wanted to be sure you remembered as with you previous post you responded to me I thought you might be under the impression that I am a Board member. Thanks.

Oh, I remember it. I was the one pointing it out to you. I just hope you start remembering. It would cut down on a lot of duplicate effort. There is already too much time wasted here.
GlenL
(Ohio)

08/22/2013 3:38 PM  
Posted By AminB on 08/22/2013 6:37 AM
And I repeatedly told you why it will be a waste of time. You just have a selective memory, don't you? refer to previous posting as I outlined before , lines 10 thru 12. You'll get your answer.

But at least you answered this question and you answered there is no good reason for me not to see them. Thats my whole point. I sum it up for you and will mark that so I can send you back to this moment , in case selective amnesia sets in again. Because I am not allowed to see them, a financial document belonging to Hurricane Ike time, I suspect fraud. So I got here to see if anybody has been through a similar situation . I didn't expect board members here be so nervous as to jump on the opportunity to tell me :there is nothing to see . So far I have had miniscule help here.

No claims huh, what would you call them? (emphasis added)

Posted By AminB on 08/12/2013 6:44 AM
Its like talking to a wall. Nothing goes through you, does it? I guess when board members doctor documents, submit phony insurance claims when disaster strikes or get kickbacks from contractors (their main bread and butter), nothing else matters, does it? I thought 2 post ago was your final post to me personally. I hope you know by now your posts to
me have zero value. I must have said this to you , I am here to get advice from honest homeowners who work their butts off so you can call yourself a board member,in similar situations . I fully knew that worthless answers would be a byproduct of my quest. I answer an insincere article designed to keep honest homeowners from going after the board criminal activities and there you are with a bunch of other characters,dragging yourself from another thread and then complain why I am answering this post You are trying to actually make a point that even the board members are elected with the mechanisms paid by homeowner money and they are a non-profit corporation (meaning they don't make any money), they have a right to keep financial books away from us.In other words get it only by filing a lawsuit. I think this cast of characters who appear in pretty much every thread, are people who have bones buried in their own backyard and any attempt by somebody else to dig those bones from their own backyard might result honest homeowners who read these, to take action of their own and get you and others in trouble , like going to prison.

You already admitted that my HOA has no good reason to keep those financials from me. Why are you defending an HOA who you don't even know where they are , what city its located, etc.?

GnomeX
(Washington)

08/23/2013 12:54 AM  
Posted By AminB on 08/22/2013 6:58 AM

*rolls eyes*

Are you on something?

No one forced me. Someone has to keep the morons in check.
AminB

08/23/2013 7:22 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 08/22/2013 3:38 PM
Posted By AminB on 08/22/2013 6:37 AM

No claims huh, what would you call them? (emphasis added)

Posted By AminB on 08/12/2013 6:44 AM
Its like talking to a wall. Nothing goes through you, does it? I guess when board members doctor documents, submit phony insurance claims when disaster strikes or get kickbacks from contractors (their main bread and butter), nothing else matters, does it? I thought 2 post ago was your final post to me personally. I hope you know by now your posts to
me have zero value. I must have said this to you , I am here to get advice from honest homeowners who work their butts off so you can call yourself a board member,in similar situations . I fully knew that worthless answers would be a byproduct of my quest. I answer an insincere article designed to keep honest homeowners from going after the board criminal activities and there you are with a bunch of other characters,dragging yourself from another thread and then complain why I am answering this post You are trying to actually make a point that even the board members are elected with the mechanisms paid by homeowner money and they are a non-profit corporation (meaning they don't make any money), they have a right to keep financial books away from us.In other words get it only by filing a lawsuit. I think this cast of characters who appear in pretty much every thread, are people who have bones buried in their own backyard and any attempt by somebody else to dig those bones from their own backyard might result honest homeowners who read these, to take action of their own and get you and others in trouble , like going to prison.

You already admitted that my HOA has no good reason to keep those financials from me. Why are you defending an HOA who you don't even know where they are , what city its located, etc.?

The elevator doesn't reach the top , eh? I already told you I call it suspicion .
AminB

08/23/2013 7:27 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/23/2013 12:54 AM
Posted By AminB on 08/22/2013 6:58 AM

*rolls eyes*

Are you on something?

No one forced me. Someone has to keep the morons in check.

Do they know you call them that and vote for you anyway or you get elected by proxies and then insult them?
GnomeX
(Washington)

08/23/2013 10:15 AM  
Posted By AminB on 08/23/2013 7:27 AM

Do they know you call them that and vote for you anyway or you get elected by proxies and then insult them?

The morons don't get a vote.
AminB

08/23/2013 10:41 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/23/2013 10:15 AM
Posted By AminB on 08/23/2013 7:27 AM

The morons don't get a vote.

So how do you get elected?
GnomeX
(Washington)

08/23/2013 4:26 PM  
How did I get elected?

By a vote of the people that actually pay their dues.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

08/23/2013 5:07 PM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/23/2013 4:26 PM
How did I get elected?

Gnome

While you are egotistical and demean others, you did participate and get elected so that is redeeming....somewhat....LOL
JonD1

08/23/2013 7:09 PM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 08/23/2013 5:07 PM
How did I get elected?

Gnome

While you are egotistical and demean others, you did participate and get elected so that is redeeming....somewhat....LOL

Some folks just could use a good demeaning. I mean rather than going back and forth in an endless dance of stupidity I would rather just call a spade a spade.

My guess Gnome like many others does a job no one else can or will do. Including those who live on the property and don't bother to pay their fair share.

Then you come across a zipperhead like Amin who not only makes claims about their own Board members but also insults and makes accusations about anyone serving on any Board.

Rather than do the crazy dance with folks like Amin, Mike or some other simpleminded individuals better to call it as you see it.

In Amin's world HOAs are EVIL and Board members are like "street gang members" but some would continue to ask and search for a valid point Amin brings to the table. There is none.

He's a fool much like Crazy Mike who both think ranting and raving on sites like this will in the end get something done. How has that worked for Mike after 10 years?

Gnome demean away.

AminB

08/24/2013 7:15 AM  
How did I get elected?

Gnome

Guess who's back, fric and his buddy frac. I'll get to the wacko job in his own post, but you got another man-crush don't you? Guess when you forgo manhood its easy for you to just fall in love with another guy who you might think has a point. I wish you spineless jellyfish could have some spine and answer the following that I have asked you numerous times:

Not a man to answer, ey?
AminB

08/24/2013 7:20 AM  
Posted By JonD1 on 08/23/2013 7:09 PM
How did I get elected?

Gnome

Some folks just could use a good demeaning. I mean rather than going back and forth in an endless dance of stupidity I would rather just call a spade a spade.

My guess Gnome like many others does a job no one else can or will do. Including those who live on the property and don't bother to pay their fair share.

Then you come across a zipperhead like Amin who not only makes claims about their own Board members but also insults and makes accusations about anyone serving on any Board.

Rather than do the crazy dance with folks like Amin, Mike or some other simpleminded individuals better to call it as you see it.

In Amin's world HOAs are EVIL and Board members are like "street gang members" but some would continue to ask and search for a valid point Amin brings to the table. There is none.

He's a fool much like Crazy Mike who both think ranting and raving on sites like this will in the end get something done. How has that worked for Mike after 10 years?

Gnome demean away.

And here is frac of the dynamic duo fric and frac. Got off psychiatrist couch a little too early? Forgot to take your medication? All this garbage writing and never answer anything. You are good at that. I think may be I am hitting too close to home for you and got you nervous. You're worried about your own HOA and all the dealings that have been swept under the rug. How about answering this one?

Not man enough to express an opinion? I don't think so. Just another spineless jellyfish who is just a nervous-wreck. Take a pill and go to sleep.

AminB

08/24/2013 7:29 AM  
How did I get elected?

Yeah thats what I figured. Another proxy-elected board member who "saw fit" to serve with hardly anybody knows him in his own community. Guess the money is too good to leave. If with all the evidence that I put here and you reading all these pages and you attack my position, then you're just another nervous-wreck who sees danger in his own community seeing this and get ideas and start digging there. To me you sound like a caricature with nothing funny for the honest homeowners who pay their dues only to have guys like you manipulate insurance papers and other funny stuff like getting kickbacks from contractors with the rule of proxy. The power is just getting too much for your head.

Why are you here defending an HOA that you don't even know?

While you're thinking about this and how to come up with an answer how about this one?

GnomeX
(Washington)

08/24/2013 11:47 AM  
Posted By AminB on 08/24/2013 7:29 AM
How did I get elected?

Yeah thats what I figured. Another proxy-elected board member who "saw fit" to serve with hardly anybody knows him in his own community. Guess the money is too good to leave. If with all the evidence that I put here and you reading all these pages and you attack my position, then you're just another nervous-wreck who sees danger in his own community seeing this and get ideas and start digging there. To me you sound like a caricature with nothing funny for the honest homeowners who pay their dues only to have guys like you manipulate insurance papers and other funny stuff like getting kickbacks from contractors with the rule of proxy. The power is just getting too much for your head.

While you're thinking about this and how to come up with an answer how about this one?

Your position should be attacked as you are obviously insane.
GnomeX
(Washington)

08/24/2013 11:54 AM  
Do you have anymore insane conspiracy theories?
GlenL
(Ohio)

08/24/2013 12:01 PM  
Amin why do you keep asking the same question over and over:

When you already know that answer to the question? You are allowed, you have our blessings to see them, Texas statutes say you can see them, and you admitted that the MC said you could see them but you were too afraid to see them. Stop being a spineless jellyfish and go see them already.

But alas I fear that would destroy your fragile world view when the documents proved you wrong. It's much easier to play Chicken Little and scream the sky is falling, than to actually sack up and do something about it. Much easier to claim fraud, malfeasance and theft when you don't actually have anything to go on but what you "know" in your mind.

Amin's battle cry: Facts? I ain't got no facts. I don't need no facts. I don't have to show you any stinking facts.

AminB

08/25/2013 6:52 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/24/2013 11:47 AM
Posted By AminB on 08/24/2013 7:29 AM
How did I get elected?

Your position should be attacked as you are obviously insane.

Just like a board member who is trying to change the subject. Just like a common criminal getting defensive when asked about financial questions.

I'll try again. This is the question.

Be a man and express your opinion about it one way or another.

AminB

08/25/2013 6:57 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 08/24/2013 11:54 AM
Do you have anymore insane conspiracy theories?

Getting defensive when asked about financial issues huh? Just like a criminal.

I must be hitting close to home getting you nervous.

How about answering this question?

Why are you defending HOAs in general no matter what?
AminB

08/25/2013 7:03 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 08/24/2013 12:01 PM
Amin why do you keep asking the same question over and over:

When you already know that answer to the question? You are allowed, you have our blessings to see them, Texas statutes say you can see them, and you admitted that the MC said you could see them but you were too afraid to see them. Stop being a spineless jellyfish and go see them already.

But alas I fear that would destroy your fragile world view when the documents proved you wrong. It's much easier to play Chicken Little and scream the sky is falling, than to actually sack up and do something about it. Much easier to claim fraud, malfeasance and theft when you don't actually have anything to go on but what you "know" in your mind.

Amin's battle cry: Facts? I ain't got no facts. I don't need no facts. I don't have to show you any stinking facts.

You certainly do have a problem with your elevator. It doesn't go all the way to the top.

Again I have suspicions and I have to see if there are any facts to it.Thats why I will investigate it. See how easy it is?
Its a common trait among people who are not accountable to anybody. You're just making money with natural distastes, kickbacks and etc and not being used to answer. So its very hard for you think any other way. Just have to keep on educating you. Maybe somebody in your community will go through your papers and that would be a real disaster for you , wouldn't it? Thats what you are really afraid of, isn't it?
GlenL
(Ohio)

08/25/2013 7:18 AM  
I love trolls, especially Amin, by continuously making baseless accusations, attacking people and asking the same question over and over he's keeping this thread alive and at the top of the forum so people can see how daunting it is to attempt to disband their valuable HOA. In fact it's darn near impossible in most cases.

Viva the HOA - Long may they last.

AminB

08/25/2013 8:54 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 08/25/2013 7:18 AM
I love trolls, especially Amin, by continuously making baseless accusations, attacking people and asking the same question over and over he's keeping this thread alive and at the top of the forum so people can see how daunting it is to attempt to disband their valuable HOA. In fact it's darn near impossible in most cases.

Ofcourse viva HOA for you. You make money off them. Natural disasters- a bonanza for you. Thats when insurance companies get generous and you and your type get greedy and submit lots of phony claims. Hey, nobody's is checking, so what the heck?Right? Ofcourse viva HOA for you. Without it how could you finance your kids or grand kids education?Ofcourse viva HOA and its numerous contractors who you can buy your new car by getting kickbacks regularly. Ofcourse viva HOA without it you probably would be unemployable.

I think the end was a slip. Because you proved my point that there is a hidden agenda in this insincere and dishonest thread. How to disband your HOA which your hidden meaning was "it is a daunting task to disband your HOA and you shouldn't do it". Truly pathetic even by a board member standard.
GlenL
(Ohio)

08/25/2013 9:09 AM  

AminB

08/25/2013 9:22 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 08/25/2013 9:09 AM

Exact same things? I guess you ran out of words then. I was right was right. You do all the financial funny stuff, don't you.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

08/25/2013 9:43 AM  
GLEN/Gnome and the others choosing to respond to Amin. This response is to you ONLY. Any responses from Amin will be ignored and not read. As my comments are clearly NOT for them and I am stating so up front.

Look this has gone on enough. I've stopped responding awhile back. Look at the circumstances here. You have someone who is against HOA's, doesn't even know what one is, and has an issue with board members. They are choosing to post on a site that clearly Board members post to give their perspective and help to those who are new or live in HOA's. We are here to HELP fellow HOA members let's remember that.

It's like that old joke... A guy goes into the doctor's office... "Dr. It hurts everytime I push here, here and here". The Doctor responds "That's because your finger is broken"....

Why can't they see those documents? We have no bearing on that decision at all and none of us live there. We can't provide an answer and we don't need to. One can't see documents they don't go and view them. That's all the answer there is. DONE!!!

Please let's just stop responding. It's an act of futility. The power is in the hands of the poster and it always has been. To quote Nike "Just Do it"... and to quote me "Just do it and shut up about it already"...

Former HOA President
AminB

08/25/2013 9:54 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 08/25/2013 9:43 AM
GLEN/Gnome and the others choosing to respond to Amin. This response is to you ONLY. Any responses from Amin will be ignored and not read. As my comments are clearly NOT for them and I am stating so up front.

Look this has gone on enough. I've stopped responding awhile back. Look at the circumstances here. You have someone who is against HOA's, doesn't even know what one is, and has an issue with board members. They are choosing to post on a site that clearly Board members post to give their perspective and help to those who are new or live in HOA's. We are here to HELP fellow HOA members let's remember that.

It's like that old joke... A guy goes into the doctor's office... "Dr. It hurts everytime I push here, here and here". The Doctor responds "That's because your finger is broken"....

Why can't they see those documents? We have no bearing on that decision at all and none of us live there. We can't provide an answer and we don't need to. One can't see documents they don't go and view them. That's all the answer there is. DONE!!!

Please let's just stop responding. It's an act of futility. The power is in the hands of the poster and it always has been. To quote Nike "Just Do it"... and to quote me "Just do it and shut up about it already"...

I don't care it will be ignored by these guys who have no credibility and can't answer some simple questions. You used my name and I will respond. I thought you were having a ball with your con buddy who scammed you but you went out with him anyway even though your neighbors had warned you about him?!!! You still didn't answer me. Did Clyde screw Bonnie out of her share?
Why don't you do what you know best which is sleeping your way to the top.
GlenL
(Ohio)

08/25/2013 9:56 AM  
Oh Melissa, I had Amin's number from his first post. I never thought my simple little post on how to disband your HOA which was written in response to an e-mail I received would degenerate into this or be around as long as it has. I encourage regular readers and posters to just move on and ignore it. But as long as Amin keeps it active and at the top of the list, maybe it will provide information to people who wonder if HOA's are so bad why not disband them?

AminB

08/25/2013 10:01 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 08/25/2013 9:56 AM
Oh Melissa, I had Amin's number from his first post. I never thought my simple little post on how to disband your HOA which was written in response to an e-mail I received would degenerate into this or be around as long as it has. I encourage regular readers and posters to just move on and ignore it. But as long as Amin keeps it active and at the top of the list, maybe it will provide information to people who wonder if HOA's are so bad why not disband them?

Great conversation between these two. Someone who sleeps her way to the top and someone who is at the top already manipulating financial documents. What a joke.
GlenL
(Ohio)

08/25/2013 10:21 AM  
Troll away Amin. Maybe we can make it to 7 or 8 pages and keep the topic of How to Disband Your HOA active and on top. Information people need to know.

AminB

08/25/2013 10:26 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 08/25/2013 10:21 AM
Troll away Amin. Maybe we can make it to 7 or 8 pages and keep the topic of How to Disband Your HOA active and on top. Information people need to know.

Steal away Glen. May be someday somebody in your own community will start digging in your financial documents that you probably have been manipulating for quite some time and alert proper authorities. That is what you and others here are really afraid , aren't you?
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Page 3 of 8 << < 12345678 > >>
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > How to Disband Your HOA

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement