Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Monday, November 29, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: community survey
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
BeckyV
(Michigan)

01/05/2006 6:23 PM  
We are considering doing a survey of co-owners to find out what their feelings are about the management of the association and what things they would like to see changed or added to the community. Has anyone ever done one of these or found examples of one?
RogerB
(Colorado)

01/06/2006 7:10 AM  
Surveys usually get very poor response. I would suggest a very short preamble explaining why the survey is being done; focus on a short list of specific items and room for comments; and eliminate any bias from the survey. One page and an incentive to respond may improve response.

Good luck,
Roger
DavidK2

01/09/2006 2:26 PM  
Becky:

Our neighborhood did a survey two years ago.

I would be happy to send you a copy of the survey.

If you send me your e-mail address I will send it to you.

You may get a better reponse if you send a self addressed stamped envelope.

Dave Klepinger
Lake Jodeco Homeowners Assn.
AudreyB
(Florida)

01/09/2006 4:17 PM  
Hi Dave,

Please send me one of those surveys to [email protected]

Thank you,
Audrey
BeckyV
(Michigan)

01/10/2006 7:03 PM  
Thanks,
My email is [email protected]
SamuelB
(North Carolina)

01/10/2006 7:18 PM  
Posted By DavidK2 on 01/09/2006 2:26 PM

Becky:

Our neighborhood did a survey two years ago.

I would be happy to send you a copy of the survey.

If you send me your e-mail address I will send it to you.

You may get a better reponse if you send a self addressed stamped envelope.

Dave Klepinger
Lake Jodeco Homeowners Assn.

David, If you want to send me the survey, I will be happy to host it and provide a link here for others.

I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . - Antoine de St-Exupéry
BeckyV
(Michigan)

01/11/2006 6:48 AM  
That is very helpful! Thanks. I would like to get a copy ASAP as our president has called a workshop to develop our survey in the next few days. The president, we fear, is going to use the survey to try to get support for himself and his shady dealings. We would like a "tried it" version of a survey to convince the other board members that a survey should not be a popularity poll.
Becky
[email protected]
HankL

01/11/2006 8:50 AM  
Be careful not to coddle those who otherwise don't pay attention to the association. There are ways to inform them that you are doing whatever needs to be done within your powers and simply ask for volunteers, an ombudsman, or written input now and then. They have responsibilities, too, and maybe need to be reminded of it.

Hank Kimball, County Agent, Hooterville
Robert

01/11/2006 11:50 AM  
Dave, thanks for offering this survey for. I sent a questionaire out to 50 homeowners, and got responses to 4. Your survey may touch different response. If possible, please send me a copy at [email protected]
LisaS
(Illinois)

01/11/2006 7:15 PM  
We sent out a survey to our 300 homeowners stating that we were raising dues (potentially to double) to perform common area improvements and wanted to get suggestions, opinions on our suggested plans, etc.

We got 24 responses....and this was directly affecting the pocketbook!

Lisa
JeffreyR
(Virginia)

01/29/2006 7:14 AM  
Dave,
Please send me your survey or if you prefer send me your snail mail address and I'll send you a self addressed stamped envelope.

My thoughts on the survey are to go door-to- door (we have 371 homes in the community). We will then pick them back up in a week.

We did this door-to-door, one on one when we petitioned to have new AR guidelines that were forced upon us by the newly elected board after living here for over 2 years and replaced with our original AR guidelines that the majority of us bought our homes under. We also asked on the petition to have "2 or more of the board members" removed but their attorney said we should have named names, and this was thrown out.

There are a group of us (we received 213 votes on the petition - we stopped at this number because we knew we had more than enough votes to bring this forth). They want the homeowner to be basically left alone. We don't want the restrictive guidelines they tried to force us to live under. How unreasonable is this? You need approval to plant a single bush or tree. You may only have 2 hanging planters in your front yard. Give me a break.
My email address is [email protected]
Thanks
Deb
JohnM3
(Florida)

01/30/2006 10:41 AM  
Dear Lisa:
I put it on our community web site in april of 2003 that we would have to double the monthly fees. Its still there hampshirehomes.com
I got zero answers that is the same place I put all news of the community.
They just dont care

Good luck ps I raised it 35 percent and blamed it on the hurricanes and FPL rate increases

No answer they just pay anif they dont pay they go to LIENCO. That adds 1500 to the amount they owe so they have learned to pay

jack murphy treas.
WardellD
(Washington)

02/01/2006 12:48 PM  
an you please send me a copy of the survey that your neighborhood did?

Thanks
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement