Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Sunday, April 05, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Get 1 free year community website and email newsletter hosting from Community123.com!
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Yellow Fire Lane/Concrete Stain
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
MikeS1

08/25/2008 8:07 AM  
18 years ago the builder/developer used a bright yellow concrete stain on all the concrete fire lane curbs. Although it's lasted forever, is so much as, it doesn't peel like paint; it's started to fade a little and we'd like to have all the tire marks power washed from the curbs. Initially it was a very bright yellow but now it's a little faded. I've talked to paving contractors, striping painters, commercial painters, paint supply companies and I've noodled around the web; however, I'm unable to find anyone who specializes in using what I believe is an epoxy stain. I really don't wish to paint the curbs at this point.

Does anyone know of any contractors that use this or do you know anything about this process?
LindaC3

08/25/2008 8:22 AM  
MikeS1.....Home Depot sells an excellent concrete stain made by BEHR.......Comes in bright yellow also..... I have used their product on many a FLORIDA WEATHER EXPOSED concrete area and it stands up real well...... Also you may want to contact your local fire district and ask them or call your local city planning dept.....Hope this helps LindaC3
GeorgerwilliamsW
(Indiana)

08/25/2008 8:31 AM  
Posted By LindaC3 on 08/25/2008 8:22 AM
MikeS1.....Home Depot sells an excellent concrete stain made by BEHR.......Comes in bright yellow also..... I have used their product on many a FLORIDA WEATHER EXPOSED concrete area and it stands up real well...... Also you may want to contact your local fire district and ask them or call your local city planning dept.....Hope this helps LindaC3

Linda,

You have done me great service as well. I have also been looking for such a product. Thank you.

Here is the link to the Behr product web page.
http://www.behr.com/behrx/act/view/products_detail?prodGroupId=97&catName=Concrete+Floor+Coatings&catId=5
LindaC3

08/25/2008 9:01 AM  
I am glad to have been of service...may I also suggest that you seal this product also...I recommend THOMPSONS concrete sealer...Behrs turns milky white and " distorts" the color...... I have 3 LARGE LAB dogs and have stained and sealed my 800 sq ft wrap around porch with both these products...... We have total grass yard/lawn as our HOA does not permit hard surfaced driveways so the dogs nails are quite long until I clip them...... The stain holds up VERY WELL under these conditions and I did this over 5 years ago..... I also have clients that I have stained their patios and driveways here in the blistering florida heat and the product has held up......LindaC3
DwightT
(Idaho)

08/25/2008 9:13 AM  
If these are public roads please check with your local road dept. first. Even if the roads were painted before and you are just refreshing the color, they tend to get upset when people just go out and paint the curbs on their own without checking with them. Kind of like when homeowners make changes to the common areas without checking with the ACC first.
MikeS1

08/25/2008 10:10 AM  
Thanks DWight - Good info, but I wouldn't dream of not including the Fire Marshall (who I know) before contracting this. It's odd though that they have no idea what was used on this application, but they are fine with it as it is right now. Whatever is on the curbs now, I realy want to put on the same identical stuff that's on there now. It's lasted almost 20 years while I see other communities using contractors that are using cheap traffic paint. They are scrapping the old loose chipped painting and repainting over the old paint, which looks like crap. I've looked all over the area and cannot find any other communities that uses this type of stain. Someone else said that they thought that it was an epoxy base. At one time, it was bright banana yellow and now it's just a faded yellow.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Yellow Fire Lane/Concrete Stain

Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement