Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Thursday, December 09, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: inflatable pools
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
MichelleG7
(Connecticut)

08/23/2021 5:05 PM  
Looking for what your main insurance policy says about inflatable kid pools on the common area. and or back decks.
LetA
(Nevada)

08/23/2021 5:14 PM  
kiddie pools don't belong in common areas, property that you own, Yes.. The pool question is something you need to ask your insurance agent or read your policy. especially the exclusions page.
MichelleG7
(Connecticut)

08/23/2021 5:18 PM  
Thank you I was thinking I should ask the insurance agent. Now I will.
KerryL1
(California)

08/23/2021 5:30 PM  
Good idea, Michelle. Are you on the board?

With LetA, I don't think residents' inflatable pools should be allowed on the common areas. I thin the HOA would be liable if something bad happened.
AugustinD

08/23/2021 5:50 PM  
Posted By MichelleG7 on 08/23/2021 5:05 PM
Looking for what your main insurance policy says about inflatable kid pools on the common area. and or back decks.
How large are these kid pools? How do these kid pools get filled with water? Are they deflated and removed after a few hours of play? If they're more like a toy, I'm not sure I would vote to ban them. It would be like banning kids biking in common area. Such bans invite Fair Housing complaints of discrimination on the basis of familial status.

The question about back decks is worthy of ignoring until the OP indicates who owns the back decks.
KerryL1
(California)

08/23/2021 6:42 PM  
Well, Michelle, does your HOA have rules about keeping personal items out of the common areas like personal furniture, plants, toys, wheeled devices (we're a high rise), etc. etc. We have such a rule and I think they're pretty common.

Inflatable pools do come in many sizes and unless tiny are often used by adults, so there's no discrimination against kids if not permitted.
AugustinD

08/23/2021 7:26 PM  
Posted By KerryL1 on 08/23/2021 6:42 PM
Inflatable pools do come in many sizes and unless tiny are often used by adults, so there's no discrimination against kids if not permitted.
Right. Make sure the rule does not prohibit "inflatable kiddie pools" but instead has a blanket prohibition on all "inflatable pools."
MichelleG7
(Connecticut)

08/29/2021 10:02 AM  
I discussed with insurance agent. He said any inflatable pool put anywhere on property is an insurance risk for cancellation if an issue happens. it is not in our policy but that is what he said.

My state says anything holding water and is considered a pool must follow the state rules for pools if 2 feet or more of water.

I know what we will do.. I am the proactive one. The reactive to this one could lead to death to a minor coming on property and drowning in two feet of water. That is my conclusion. lot of deaths happen with kiddie pools. I researched it.

In our rules it says nothing on common area and the limited common the board can have a say. Limited they have the ability to use the area they dont own it.

ty

JohnC46
(South Carolina)

08/29/2021 10:55 AM  
Mich

From what you say, in CT shallower then 2 feet deep is not considered a pool at all? Seems that way. If so, not an insurance issue.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement