Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Monday, December 06, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: What is the best approach? Option 1 or 2 or?
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
DaveE4
(California)

05/19/2021 3:51 PM  
Hi, my name is Dave Euse. I’m new and this is my first new topic post so I just want to say how awesome it is to have found you guys! I’m really involved in my own HOA and just reading some of the threads today, I’ve already learned so much. Anyways thanks for having me

For context: 2 years ago I started a company called SavonServices - we connect homeowners with *reputable* contractors and pre-negotiate discounts with them for every service/repair you need. I still think of us like we’re a small startup, but the truth is, we’ve got nearly 1,000 contractors already signed up and ready to serve nearly 300 markets. We’re about to launch our 3rd city! I’m thrilled about our success, but I admit there’s a lot to be learned lol! One area we’re just starting to look into is connecting with HOAs.

So here’s my question (and thank you so much in advance for any feedback - it’s so appreciated): Normally one of the things we do to help homeowners learn about us is to send out postcards. But we’re thinking of trying a different (less annoying lol) approach where:

An HOA notifies their own residents about us however they normally do and we either:
1. Donate $10 per membership to the community PLUS give each resident a $5 discount or
2. We give the whole $15 discount to each resident.

Again, thanks for any feedback you can offer 🙏 I tried to keep it somewhat brief so if you want more context you can visit the site and watch a short video about how it works:
https://savonservices.com/pages/hoa

Thank you in advance for your time and feedback -Dave
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

05/19/2021 4:02 PM  
Your violating the rules here. First of NEVER EVER put your REAL name out. 2nd NEVER put your website or advertise on this website. Otherwise you just put your private information out in "social media" world open to be hacked.

Former HOA President
JackJ9

05/19/2021 5:42 PM  
In general, HOAs don't advertise the services of private companies.
DaveE4
(California)

05/20/2021 12:32 PM  
Hi Melissa (if that's your real name lol) - Firstly, While I appreciate your concern for my personal information, I am not afraid to use my real name. The second point was not selling, but asking for feedback on a good approach when trying to engage an HOA board.

You didn't give an answer to the question and my guess is you probably did not even watch the video to learn what it was about.

But duly noted nonetheless.
DaveE4
(California)

05/20/2021 12:35 PM  
Thanks Jack for your answer. I've seen and heard about how private companies holding a meet and greet day at a clubhouse (like vendor day) where they bring lunches and share their products/services. But with COVID and maybe limited space at some communities, we thought giving back to the community in some other way could be a fresh approach for the times.

Thanks again for your comment.

Dave
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

05/20/2021 2:16 PM  
#1 we do NOT do advertising on this website. So I will not be visiting your website. Plus you just sound like an "angie's list". I see no benefit for HOA's at all in what you are offering. A HOA is a group of owners like a "club". So why would any of those options work as everyone is an individual?

So good luck and next time READ our rules!

Former HOA President
DaveE4
(California)

05/20/2021 2:39 PM  
Oh Melissa, so sorry you're stuck on thinking I was trying to advertise when I clearly was asking for opinion and feedback about the best approach. One that would benefit all parties. We can just as easily use the US mail and get a postcard into everyone's mailbox. I was simply asking if there was any interest in one of those different approaches.

Angie's List? Nope, you're off target and pre-judging. But as the saying goes, like a parachute a mind is only helpful when it's open.

I will take the good luck however because one can never have too much of that.

We all know where you personally stand, so maybe others have a different opinion?

Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > What is the best approach? Option 1 or 2 or?

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement