Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Thursday, February 25, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Question for AugustinD
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
TimB4
(Virginia)

02/20/2021 11:50 PM  
I see your post count went to zero.

Did you resign from this site?

Obviously, if you don't respond the answer is yes.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/21/2021 3:43 AM  
I hope didn't accidently close account. When playing around with the settings almost did that. Hope didn't leave the site.

Former HOA President
KerryL1
(California)

02/21/2021 9:23 AM  
I really does look like Augie is gone. What a shame!
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

02/21/2021 9:48 AM  
I hope he is not gone. He will be missed.
CathyA3
(Ohio)

02/21/2021 11:02 AM  
Let's hope Augustin is just laying low for the time being and will return.

Sigh.....
ChrisE8

02/21/2021 12:43 PM  
Agreed. He’s one of the most knowledgeable and most helpful people here.
SashaE1

02/21/2021 12:54 PM  
I agree, AugustinD is the best in my opinion and has helped me so much as a new Board member. I hope he’s not gone
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

02/21/2021 3:11 PM  
I do not think Aug was trolled as much as he was questioned. I myself questioned him.
Also CA whatever appears, at first blush, to be Canadian based. Now on top of 50 states being different do we need to add 10 Provinces and 3 Territories?
NpS
(Pennsylvania)

02/21/2021 3:38 PM  
I got the feeling that Aug was taking some of the exchanges a bit too personally. Glad for him that he knew it was time to take a break. Rest up. Come back refreshed.

Sikubali jukumu. Read all posts at your own risk.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/21/2021 3:52 PM  
I think something is up. It's not like AugistinD to not state something like "I am quitting for a period of time" or "Bye". Did not see any exchanges that would lead me to think fed up or angry. Did notice another poster say something about complaining about posters "bullying" and they knew what to do about them etc... Then noticed a few posters stopped posting.

I've been suspended before and rightfully so. Won't deny that. So wonder if this could be a suspension? Hope comes back. We didn't always agree but found could be helpful to many others.

Former HOA President
MaxB4
(Maine)

02/21/2021 3:55 PM  
It appears someone on here is having people removed so they can become dominant again. It looks like George can't post, not Augustin left and just now Bob's post was just removed.
TimB4
(Virginia)

02/21/2021 4:08 PM  
What the moderators do is up to them.

I will admit, that I complained to the moderators about the bickering contest between George and JohnC77.
Neither one seemed to simply agree to disagree and I felt it was distracting from the site and not helpful to many. It appears that the moderators took some sort of action.

I did notice that Bob mentioned another site similar to this one.
I was going to mention that to the moderators as I thought it was a slap in the face to those who host and sponsor this site. However, I then noticed the posting was no longer there.

This site is basically self moderated.
When self moderation doesn't work, some (myself included) will send a note to the moderators (anyone can do it, it's under the help tab). As I understand it, the moderators will then review the issue and take what action (if any) they think is appropriate. Depending on their work load, this could happen quickly or several days later. I have not gotten a response from the moderators for any of the issues I have pointed out in the past. I simply see their actions.

MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/21/2021 5:18 PM  
Have noticed post saying someone has posted but their posts don't appear in the discussion. I've been suspended before and that happened to me. Could post but they did not appear. Matter of fact it happened just a few days ago when changing my state. Wasn't able to respond to the post but showed I had.

Hoping AugustinD can respond by emailing someone here. It could be someone reporting others. However, have found the moderators here quite reasonable. They usually take the appropriate actions. It may include a temporary suspension but sometimes that is needed to cool heads. Have seen them remove the more "crazy" posters that have real issues. AugustinD is one of the good guys.

Former HOA President
TimB4
(Virginia)

02/21/2021 5:24 PM  
I agree, Augustin is one of the best and has been very helpful in the past.

What I have seen, banning doesn't change the post count.

When the post count is at zero, it could be a glitch or an indication that the individual resigned from the forum.

hoatalk
(California)

02/21/2021 6:01 PM  
Hi Everyone, Just letting you know that AugustinD was definitely not banned.

When the person's post count goes to zero, that means that the account has been deleted and we almost never delete accounts, so it's a self-unregister from the site. Banned accounts will not show a zero post count.

Since you all seem to want him back here, we would be willing to reach out to him, but we don't keep the email addresses of deleted accounts so we can't.

Thanks all,
HOATalk Support

HOATalk.com, A free service of Community123.com
Provider of Upscale Community Websites
CLICK HERE to get a FREE trial community website
*See legal notice below (end of page) or go to www.hoatalk.com/legal
KerryL1
(California)

02/21/2021 6:57 PM  
Not only is George gone who often had useful posts, but so it seems is John77, WA (aka Mark, FL & Richard, CA) He was the most critical of Augustin and often snarky,as he used to be with me and still was with George.

Bob from UpNorth may have gotten this one right.

I really like Augie's research & knowledge. Also one of the very few here who admitted errors!!
TimB4
(Virginia)

02/22/2021 12:30 AM  
I'm positive that John77 or Mark from FL was not Richard from CA.

MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/22/2021 4:14 AM  
Thank you Moderators for the update. It just was a bit off for AugustinD to just quit. Think everyone is just concerned as don't think anyone seen a specific "good bye" message. Hoping it may been an accident as I almost did the same.

If Augustine your reading this and want to come back please let the Moderator's know when signing up for a new account who you are. Maybe they can help assist you reset your account or grant you a similar name.

Not sure about the other posters as after awhile all the bickering just kind of ran together.

Former HOA President
CathyA3
(Ohio)

02/22/2021 4:29 AM  
Now ChrisE8 is down to 0 posts.

In a recent thread Augustin mentioned not wanting to reveal too much actual detail about some ongoing litigation because certain members of one of the involved HOAs were prone to retaliation. It may be nothing more than wanting to keep a low profile for now. (A few months ago I deleted my social media accounts for the same reason.)
TimB4
(Virginia)

02/22/2021 6:12 PM  
I had Augustins email and sent him a note saying he was missed.
TimB4
(Virginia)

02/23/2021 2:42 PM  
I received a reply from Augustin.

He did resign from the forum. Said he needed a break from it.

He got tired of some posters attacking those who were simply looking for knowledge and asking for help.
Something many have identified and discussed on this site in the past.

He does appreciate that he is missed and may return in the future.
He wishes all of us the best.

JanineR
(Tennessee)

02/23/2021 3:05 PM  
I hope he does return.
KerryL1
(California)

02/24/2021 12:22 PM  
Thanks, Tim. It's good to know we might have such fine expertise & willingness to do research back to benefit us all. It's important to note that Augustin's influence reached way more folks than the replies might indicate. I think we have quite a few lurkers who are ready to post anything but who want to learn.

Come back when Daylight Savings time begins, Augie!
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Question for AugustinD

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement