Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Thursday, November 26, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Is the HOA allowed to share other members contact deatiles?
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
AsafY
(Florida)

11/04/2020 12:48 PM  

Hello
one of the members asking the board to provide the contact details of the entire complex.
Which Information is the bored allowed to share in Florida so we keep the members privacy in tact?

The members intention is to shame the entire the board in front of the complex as she is not happy with the current board.

She demands for information from the board - see below.
1) What are we entitled to share ?
2) How do you deal with members ?

Also Today for any Board communication we BCC the members so they wont spam the members and reply to all.

Following her email (She CC's the members she knows with each communication)
"I sent you a request yesterday asking for the Board to supply the contact information for all the HOA members. Please advise when the requested information will be provided?

This is a request that has been previously asked of the Board and the Board has failed to act upon It from an HOA member. Please recognize that this failure is being documented should additional action be required to fulfill the request.

As I said in my email yesterday this should be easy for the Board to take care of"

Thanks in advance!
Asaf
GenoS
(Florida)

11/04/2020 2:04 PM  
Read Chapter 720 of the Florida Statutes. Your question is answered there.
AsafY
(Florida)

11/04/2020 2:36 PM  
Thanks found the answer in Fla. Stat. §720.303(5)
The board cannot share any personal info such as Emails.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

11/04/2020 2:54 PM  
Posted By AsafY on 11/04/2020 2:36 PM
Thanks found the answer in Fla. Stat. §720.303(5)
The board cannot share any personal info such as Emails.

I read 720.303 to say:

The BOD must maintain an up to date mailing list as part of the Official Records.

I also read it to say all Official Records are available to all members.

Bottom line, I say you have to provide the mailing list to any member requesting it.

Of course, I should learn to stay away from FL stuff.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

11/04/2020 2:54 PM  
I'd tell them to go look at the address on the door and go for it. It's PUBLIC information. It's not the HOA's job to provide PUBLIC information. They have to do some work besides running their mouths.

Oh and it is ILLEGAL to put anything in a mailbox without a stamp on it. I'd make sure if someone is going to contact people that they know it has to be stamped/mailed. There is no solicitation with fliers.

I found once these people find out they have to do WORK and EFFORT to get what they want, they usually do absolutely nothing.

Former HOA President
TimB4
(Virginia)

11/04/2020 4:02 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 11/04/2020 2:54 PM
I'd tell them to go look at the address on the door and go for it. It's PUBLIC information. It's not the HOA's job to provide PUBLIC information. They have to do some work besides running their mouths.

And you would likely be violating statutes by doing this.
AugustinD

11/04/2020 4:21 PM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 11/04/2020 2:54 PM
I read 720.303 to say:

The BOD must maintain an up to date mailing list as part of the Official Records.

I also read it to say all Official Records are available to all members.

Bottom line, I say you have to provide the mailing list to any member requesting it.

Of course, I should learn to stay away from FL stuff.
I agree.

Bad boards resist requests for members' contact info. These bad boards do not realize that nationwide, corporation and HOA statutes give shareholders/members/owners certain rights. One of these rights is to be able to communicate with other shareholders/member/owners about concerns.

This person's request sounds reasonable and consistent with the law to me. If your board is prickly on the subject, it can have the person sign a piece of paper saying she will not use the contact info to harass anyone.
KerryL1
(California)

11/04/2020 5:51 PM  
Are you on the board, Asa?

What does 720 say about the proper purposes of using this list? Any restrictions that your requester must follow?

It's very kind of other posters here to look up these codes.

With tim, Melissa is wrong re: many U.S. states, where the HOA must provide Owners with the contact info of all Owners. There may be differences, e.g., in CA corporations code, the requesting owners must provide a reason for wanting the info. Other states may not include releasing Owners' email addys. Or phone numbers. What's the law in AL, Melissa?
AsafY
(Florida)

11/04/2020 6:00 PM  
Yes I am in the aboard and would like to do the right thing .

found this in FS720.303 (5) (C)

Notwithstanding this paragraph, the following records are not accessible to members or parcel owners:
Social security numbers, driver license numbers, credit card numbers, electronic mailing addresses, telephone numbers, facsimile numbers, emergency contact information, any addresses for a parcel owner other than as provided for association notice requirements, and other personal identifying information of any person, excluding the person’s name, parcel designation, mailing address, and property address. Notwithstanding the restrictions in this subparagraph, an association may print and distribute to parcel owners a directory containing the name, parcel address, and all telephone numbers of each parcel owner. However, an owner may exclude his or her telephone numbers from the directory by so requesting in writing to the association. An owner may consent in writing to the disclosure of other contact information described in this subparagraph. The association is not liable for the disclosure of information that is protected under this subparagraph if the information is included in an official record of the association and is voluntarily provided by an owner and not requested by the association.

Sounds to me we cannot share unless the member agrees.
AsafY
(Florida)

11/04/2020 6:01 PM  
Just FYI few members which she did acquire somehow her emails requested the board not to share there information.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

11/04/2020 6:13 PM  
Our Florida county’s real estate appraiser system allows one to enter association name, and it generates a full list of information on every lot ... address, name if owners, mailing address if different than the lot address.
AugustinD

11/04/2020 6:35 PM  
Posted By AsafY on 11/04/2020 6:00 PM
Yes I am in the aboard and would like to do the right thing .

found this in FS720.303 (5) (C)

Notwithstanding this paragraph, the following records are not accessible to members or parcel owners:
Social security numbers, driver license numbers, credit card numbers, electronic mailing addresses, telephone numbers, facsimile numbers, emergency contact information, any addresses for a parcel owner other than as provided for association notice requirements, and other personal identifying information of any person, excluding the person’s name, parcel designation, mailing address, and property address. [snip]
Good job checking the statute. I agree that this is the section of the statute your HOA's board wants to reference and apply as it decides (within 10 days, per the statute) which contact information must be released to this HOA member.
JohnC77
(Washington)

11/04/2020 8:02 PM  
Posted By TimB4 on 11/04/2020 4:02 PM

You shouldn't be so hard on her.
GenoS
(Florida)

11/05/2020 12:21 AM  
Posted By JohnC77 on 11/04/2020 8:02 PM
You shouldn't be so hard on her.

She's often wrong, as is the case here.

In Florida, an HOA board has to provide an owner's email address IF that owner has consented (in writing) to receive Association notices via email. An owner may also consent, in writing, to the disclosure of other contact information which could include one's email address.

If neither of the two written consents is given by the owner, then his or her email address should be held confidentially and not disclosed.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

11/05/2020 4:19 AM  
My point is that PUBLIC information is your address on your front door. Your name may also be PUBLIC if it's in a phone book. Email addresses, cell phone #'s, or alternate addresses not so much public. I believe the HOA doesn't need to do the WORK of people fully capable of finding this information on their own. If you REALLY REALLY want to contact fellow members, then that is YOUR responsibility and YOUR issue. It is NOT the HOA's issue or responsibility that you contact individual members.

So may not agree with me but I am also not going to be subject to hearing "I am going to sue because I didn't allow the HOA to release my information". Like someone else posted about allowing email addresses being released. You have to AGREE for this to be released. What if someone doesn't make the effort to remove those emails off a list and gives it out?

People don't want to be bothered by their HOA "Dirty Deeds". If they did, they would already showing up at meetings or run for a board position. Otherwise your just an "ankle biter" whom is just fishing for someone to listen to you complain.

Former HOA President
CathyA3
(Ohio)

11/05/2020 4:58 AM  
Question: since it sounds like FL HOAs must provide this info according to FS 720, do homeowners have to right to opt out of having their info published? I think they do in my state.

Hypothetical question alert: what about folks who are trying to fly under the radar (witness protection, on the run from a determined stalker, etc.)? I think we have one such person in my community, so not entirely hypothetical...
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

11/05/2020 5:38 AM  
While it is not perfectly clear wrt email addresses and phone numbers, what can be provided, I would enter the discussion with a member of the association requesting the information (address and name only ), by noting the information’s availability on local tax assessor roles (likely available online), and then determine how much it will cost and how long it will take to provide to the member by the Board/management company - hopefully, the member would get bored/tired of listening to me, and go to the tax roles.

If they were still insistent on email addresses, I would say no. If they wrote letters to the board and MC insisting on email addresses,I would not respond. If they threatened to sue and seemed very serious, I would not respond, but would quietly ask the HOA for their opinion . If they sued, I would turn it over to the HOA attorney. Board meetings would occur, and go into executive session once legal action was imminent.
SheliaH
(Indiana)

11/05/2020 7:57 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 11/04/2020 4:02 PM

What's illegal about that? If you can see the house number from the street, there's nothing wrong with writing that down and moving on to the next. It might be an issue if you began poking around the person's property. You might also be able to find a city map of your community on its website and get a list of addresses that way.
SheliaH
(Indiana)

11/05/2020 8:15 AM  
As Geno said earlier, AsaY and perhaps everyone else on that board really need to start reading the statute along with the community documents to figure out what the association board can and can’t do. If the topic isn’t addressed in either place, I always say use your common sense and determine what’s reasonable.

I looked up FS 720 (usually I leave this type of thing to AugustineD!) and came across the following – please note section (g):

(4) OFFICIAL RECORDS.—The association shall maintain each of the following items, when applicable, which constitute the official records of the association:
(a) Copies of any plans, specifications, permits, and warranties related to improvements constructed on the common areas or other property that the association is obligated to maintain, repair, or replace.
(b) A copy of the bylaws of the association and of each amendment to the bylaws.
(c) A copy of the articles of incorporation of the association and of each amendment thereto.
(d) A copy of the declaration of covenants and a copy of each amendment thereto.
(e) A copy of the current rules of the homeowners’ association.
(f) The minutes of all meetings of the board of directors and of the members, which minutes must be retained for at least 7 years.
(g) A current roster of all members and their mailing addresses and parcel identifications. The association shall also maintain the electronic mailing addresses and the numbers designated by members for receiving notice sent by electronic transmission of those members consenting to receive notice by electronic transmission. The electronic mailing addresses and numbers provided by unit owners to receive notice by electronic transmission shall be removed from association records when consent to receive notice by electronic transmission is revoked. However, the association is not liable for an erroneous disclosure of the electronic mail address or the number for receiving electronic transmission of notices.

Put another way – the homeowner can get a list, but if the homeowner has asked that his/her email be removed when owner lists are requested, that’s what the association should do. If the requesting homeowner wants that information, then revert to what Melissa said – go to the homeowner’s house and either stick something in the door (not the mailbox) or be ballsy enough to knock on the door and ask for it.

I just thought of something – since the homeowner can get an ownership list upon request, would it be possible for other homeowners to ask the association who’s requested said list over, say, the last year or so, along with the reason for the request (e.g. sending candidate information for the next board election) – or better yet “no reason was provided”?

This portion of the statute could also be provided, along with the association’s policy as to how to request the list, how soon they’ll get it, etc. so homeowners would know they can’t keep the address secret, but the email information is another story. None of this is to discourage such requests – someone who wants the information to legitimate association business, such as persuading people to vote for or against a special assessment shouldn’t have any trouble explaining that’s why he/she sent the letter or email.
AugustinD

11/05/2020 8:38 AM  
Posted By SheliaH on 11/05/2020 8:15 AM
As Geno said earlier, AsaY and perhaps everyone else on that board really need to start reading the statute along with the community documents to figure out what the association board can and can’t do. If the topic isn’t addressed in either place, I always say use your common sense and determine what’s reasonable.

I looked up FS 720 (usually I leave this type of thing to AugustineD!) and came across the following – please note section (g):

(4) OFFICIAL RECORDS.—The association shall maintain each of the following items, when applicable, which constitute the official records of the association:
(a) Copies of any plans, specifications, permits, and warranties related to improvements constructed on the common areas or other property that the association is obligated to maintain, repair, or replace.
(b) A copy of the bylaws of the association and of each amendment to the bylaws.
(c) A copy of the articles of incorporation of the association and of each amendment thereto.
(d) A copy of the declaration of covenants and a copy of each amendment thereto.
(e) A copy of the current rules of the homeowners’ association.
(f) The minutes of all meetings of the board of directors and of the members, which minutes must be retained for at least 7 years.
(g) A current roster of all members and their mailing addresses and parcel identifications. The association shall also maintain the electronic mailing addresses and the numbers designated by members for receiving notice sent by electronic transmission of those members consenting to receive notice by electronic transmission. The electronic mailing addresses and numbers provided by unit owners to receive notice by electronic transmission shall be removed from association records when consent to receive notice by electronic transmission is revoked. However, the association is not liable for an erroneous disclosure of the electronic mail address or the number for receiving electronic transmission of notices.

Put another way – the homeowner can get a list, but if the homeowner has asked that his/her email be removed when owner lists are requested, that’s what the association should do.
-- You quoted the "official records" section of the statute, FS 720.303 (4). But if one keeps reading, one will see that the subsequent section is FS 720.303 (5) and is titled "Inspection and Copying of Records." Asafy quoted the part of this "Inspection" yada section above. The "Inspection" section is clear that certain records are not available for an Owner's inspection. Per GenoS's and AsafY's posts and the latter statute section titled "inspection," certain records are not accessible to members or parcel owners.

-- Regarding "proper purpose," FS 720 (emphatically IMO) states that HOAs may not require "any proper purpose" be shown for a records inspection. From the statute: "The association may adopt reasonable written rules governing the frequency, time, location, notice, records to be inspected, and manner of inspections, but may not require a parcel owner to demonstrate any proper purpose for the inspection, state any reason for the inspection, or limit a parcel owner’s right to inspect records to less than one 8-hour business day per month."

-- I agree with TimB4 that MelissaB4's proposal for HOAs to deny Owners official HOA records, which the Owners are lawfully entitled to inspect, of course violates statutes and often covenants.

-- I think records inspections are the main area where Boards like to unlawfully take away Owners' lawful rights. I have seen Board majorities deny even directors (not in any legal dispute, and with no conflict of interests whatsoever) access to records that they absolutely needed to make informed decisions when the directors voted at board meetings. This practice is the sign of a Board majority that really does not understand the purpose of a HOA; what it means for the HOA to be a corporation owned by Owners/Members/Shareholders; and much more. It's the sign of a Board majority that is clueless about the law and mistakenly thinks "We are the Board majority. We can do any darn thing we want."
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

11/05/2020 9:47 AM  
Where did I say anything denying access to HOA records? I said NOT the HOA's responsibility to provide PUBLIC information. If you want a list of member's addresses you can make your own from the SAME resource the HOA has. That is PUBLIC information on the addresses on the doors. If you want them to provide that, then I say they can charge you or allow you to view it. It isn't a responsibility to provide. It would be if the law says you have the right to PII like email addresses, phone, or alterative address. Which is not public.

Former HOA President
AugustinD

11/05/2020 9:59 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 11/05/2020 9:47 AM
Where did I say anything denying access to HOA records?
Right here:
Posted By MelissaP1 on 11/05/2020 9:47 AM
I said NOT the HOA's responsibility to provide PUBLIC information.
Followed by your instruction to have HOAs tell members to go door to door instead of provide the membership addresses as required by law.
AugustinD

11/05/2020 10:01 AM  
And let's not forget this gem:
Posted By MelissaP1 on 11/05/2020 4:19 AM
I believe the HOA doesn't need to do the WORK of people fully capable of finding this information on their own. If you REALLY REALLY want to contact fellow members, then that is YOUR responsibility and YOUR issue.
SheliaH
(Indiana)

11/05/2020 10:13 AM  
I agree bad boards often try to stonewall homeowners who request association records they're entitled to and that should be protested vigorously. Letting people know who's asking for the information would be an interesting wrinkle and Board members aren't the only ones who need to be mindful of homeowner rights AND responsibilities.

Since the statute says no reason is required, leave it off, but I think if homeowner A wants to know why homeowner B asked for the list which includes HIS or HER information, they should be free to so, and homeowner B should be prepared for the question. Whether the explanation is given at all or if it's accurate is another issue. That's not the same as asking for information on homeowner A's exterior change request or account information, which would be personal and not subject to public view.

MelissaP1
(Alabama)

11/05/2020 10:33 AM  
Public information is not owned by the HOA.

Former HOA President
KerryL1
(California)

11/05/2020 12:45 PM  
Melissa: please get over it. You have been giving out incorrect opinions on this topic for years. It's not beneficial to newer posters to see such errors.

In many states, HOAs must provide Owners' addresses to any owner who, in writing, requests them. Many states also require HOAs to provide further info to Owners, e.g., email addresses.

What does Alabama require, if anything?
AugustinD

11/05/2020 1:04 PM  
Posted By KerryL1 on 11/05/2020 12:45 PM
What does Alabama require, if anything?
Ya, really. From Alabama Code 10A-2.32 "Books and Records":
"Each nonprofit corporation shall keep correct and complete books and records of account and shall keep minutes of the proceedings of its members, board of directors and committees having any of the authority of the board of directors; and shall keep at its registered office or principal office in Alabama a record of the names and addresses of its members entitled to vote, directors and officers. All books and records of a nonprofit corporation may be inspected by any member, director or officer, or his or her agent or attorney, for any proper purpose at any reasonable time."

Hope all are placing their bets (for fun or for grounds for evacuating the United States, either way it goes) on Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona and Nevada. Is the Super Bowl this entertaining?
SheliaH
(Indiana)

11/05/2020 1:32 PM  
I don't know anymore. I worked the polls yesterday and I may be bragging, but we did the damned thing to the point a few voting places sent folks over to us because they had long lines around the building. I admit it helped that our post had 17 or so machines, but I like to think we worked hard in getting people through as quickly as possible.

I've tried to stay away from much of the news of the last 24 hours, but am getting back into it. The next week or two will be interesting as we watch various people lose their shit because their candidate didn't win and I can only hope we aren't seeing the start of the second Civil War (and I'm not overstating this - too many crazies running around with guns).

I thought about writing a "VOTE ALREADY!" post on this website, but didn't have time and I would hope that would be something that people DON'T need to be encouraged to do. I will say that whether people want to admit this or not, our politicians are a reflection of the people they represent. If you're in the "I don't give a damn, the politicians will do what they want anyhow," YOU are part of the problem.

Over and over and over again, we see on this website that staying home and sulking or giving up and watching TV (because no one seems to read books anymore) isn't the answer. We also see people wage war against the board of directors, the property manager, the association attorney, and some of the neighbors because people will not work together or accept that you get what you allow. You don't hold yourself, each other or your leaders responsible, why are you so shocked when one or two board members, or the whole bunch behave as if "we are the board and therefore we are?"

Some homeowners don't give two damns what happens in their community, not bothering to read anything, get to know their neighbors or even show up at the annual meeting - until they get a CCR violation notice or learn a special assessment is necessary because everyone forgot about inflation and depreciation of common areas exposed to the wind, snow, rain or sun or whatever. They thought they'd be dead or move out before the piper returned - and refused to leave until he or she got paid this time (with interest).

This attitude spills over to our elected officials - no wonder we have so many who are only in it for themselves and how much money they can grab (it's always about money because too many Americans will sell their grandmothers and how their firstborn under the bus and run over them twice for it).
AugustinD

11/05/2020 1:47 PM  
Posted By SheliaH on 11/05/2020 1:32 PM
I don't know anymore. I worked the polls yesterday and I may be bragging, but we did the damned thing to the point a few voting places sent folks over to us because they had long lines around the building.
In the middle of a pandemic, I would not call this bragging. I would call it some flavor of heroic.
Posted By SheliaH on 11/05/2020 1:32 PM
This attitude spills over to our elected officials - no wonder we have so many who are only in it for themselves and how much money they can grab (it's always about money because too many Americans will sell their grandmothers and how their firstborn under the bus and run over them twice for it).
My goodness.
AugustinD

11/05/2020 1:57 PM  
Oops, I forgot Alaska. I am quite concerned about Alaskans. If Biden wins Georgia, and Trump wins Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, then it is all up to Alaskans and Alaska's three electoral college votes. That's 300,000 or so folks total voting in Alaska. Alaska so far has tabulated only about half its votes. Alaska is saying they are not telling anyone nothin' (well, no final results anyway) until next week. The huskies must be weary hauling all the mail-in ballots.
JohnC77
(Washington)

11/05/2020 4:57 PM  
I just got back from Florida, working with the Biden campaign in the counties of Hillsborough and Pinella. While he didn't Florida, we did our job in flipping Pinella.
AugustinD

11/05/2020 5:33 PM  
Attaway. Such brutal work during the pandemic, to say the least.
JohnC77
(Washington)

11/05/2020 5:39 PM  
Posted By AugustinD on 11/05/2020 1:57 PM
Oops, I forgot Alaska. I am quite concerned about Alaskans. If Biden wins Georgia, and Trump wins Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, then it is all up to Alaskans and Alaska's three electoral college votes. That's 300,000 or so folks total voting in Alaska. Alaska so far has tabulated only about half its votes. Alaska is saying they are not telling anyone nothin' (well, no final results anyway) until next week. The huskies must be weary hauling all the mail-in ballots.

Alaska has only voted for a Democrat once, in 1964. Then everyone voted agaisnt Barry. I think Alaska is safely in GOP hands.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

11/06/2020 4:31 AM  
At this point I am starting how many are starting to question if you can re-vote or re-call your vote... I am a Republican but grew up in a Democratic family. So I see both sides. Also NOT a Trump supporter but a President supporter. Whomever is in office that is whom I will support.

Don't think anyone is having a "Proud American" moment right now during this. Should watch the BBC news or other countries coverage on this election. Even they are reporting it as a train wreck in slow motion.

Former HOA President
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

11/06/2020 4:50 AM  
Hmmm ... so, any president (leader) elected should be supported?

Lots of historical references lead me to believe this is unwise.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

11/06/2020 5:52 AM  
It is what you do as Americans. You support your HOA president do you not till it is time not to. Do not have to like the person but they did win the job.

Former HOA President
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

11/06/2020 7:34 AM  
And, the president of your HOA who is behaving in an illegal manner?

Again, history should be one’s guide.
BobbyL1
(California)

11/08/2020 4:32 PM  
In California here. But this seems like a big no-no.

We maintain a voluntary shared contact sheet on our online residents portal. Residents can put in their contact info, if they would like. It has proven useful for neighbors to contact other neighbors when packages are misdelivered or car lights left on. But again, it's completely voluntary.

The HOA would never, ever share out member information like that otherwise.
AugustinD

11/08/2020 4:51 PM  
Posted By BobbyL1 on 11/08/2020 4:32 PM
In California here. But this seems like a big no-no.

We maintain a voluntary shared contact sheet on our online residents portal. Residents can put in their contact info, if they would like. It has proven useful for neighbors to contact other neighbors when packages are misdelivered or car lights left on. But again, it's completely voluntary.

The HOA would never, ever share out member information like that otherwise.
Even if California statute requires it?
KerryL1
(California)

11/08/2020 4:58 PM  
Bobbie: CA statutes requires the sharing of email addys with other owners IF the HOA has it and IF the Owner doesn't opt out.
BobbyL1
(California)

11/08/2020 5:01 PM  
Posted By KerryL1 on 11/08/2020 4:58 PM
Bobbie: CA statutes requires the sharing of email addys with other owners IF the HOA has it and IF the Owner doesn't opt out.

Good to know! Thanks!
AugustinD

11/08/2020 5:11 PM  
Posted By BobbyL1 on 11/08/2020 5:01 PM
Good to know! Thanks!

As a director, you do know that California law requires HOAs to provide to any requesting member the HOA's membership list, to include: member's names, property addresses, mailing addresses and email addresses, but not including information for members who have opted out pursuant to Civ. Code §5220. (Civ. Code §5200(a)(9).), right?

(From the Davis-Stirling.com site and so on.)
BobbyL1
(California)

11/08/2020 6:01 PM  
Posted By AugustinD on 11/08/2020 5:11 PM
Posted By BobbyL1 on 11/08/2020 5:01 PM
Good to know! Thanks!

As a director, you do know that California law requires HOAs to provide to any requesting member the HOA's membership list, to include: member's names, property addresses, mailing addresses and email addresses, but not including information for members who have opted out pursuant to Civ. Code §5220. (Civ. Code §5200(a)(9).), right?

(From the Davis-Stirling.com site and so on.)

Nope. Sounds like I've got some reading up to do! Thanks for the info.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Is the HOA allowed to share other members contact deatiles?

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement