Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Wednesday, October 28, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Replacement cost value of a condo building for insurance
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
JackS15
(Massachusetts)

10/08/2020 3:02 PM  
We need to get our building appraised. Do you guys have a list of vendors who do condo building appraisals?
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/08/2020 3:29 PM  
I don’t.
TimB4
(Virginia)

10/08/2020 8:59 PM  
An appraisal is not the same as replacement cost.

Replacement costs are typically calculated by an insurance company.

If you want a market appraisal, contact a realtor.
GenoS
(Florida)

10/09/2020 10:37 AM  
"... we do not allow the mentioning of any community name, company name or product. Please also do not post the full name of any person."

That should apply to everyone here.
SamE2
(New Jersey)

10/09/2020 11:29 AM  
Posted By GenoS on 10/09/2020 10:37 AM
"... we do not allow the mentioning of any community name, company name or product. Please also do not post the full name of any person."

That should apply to everyone here.

GenoS are you commenting on me? I just posted the name of the company and the person I used. Is that okay?
SheliaH
(Indiana)

10/09/2020 1:40 PM  
No, it's not. The rules say do not mention any community name company name or product, and it doesn't matter if this is the person you used.

As for your original question, get a realtor, as Tim suggested. Since this is a building, you may need someone who specializes in commercial property. Try calling your local realtor association for a reference. Or contact your current association master insurance company. OR...talk to your building manager - he or she may be able to call around for a reference
SamE2
(New Jersey)

10/09/2020 4:45 PM  
Posted By JackS15 on 10/08/2020 3:02 PM
We need to get our building appraised. Do you guys have a list of vendors who do condo building appraisals?

So Shelia and Geno you are saying this question isn't allowed because he is asking for the information I provided. Shelia your answer does not help because he is looking for the cost to rebuild his building not the cost of what it would sell. His insurance agent should be able to supply vendors that do this type of work.
GenoS
(Florida)

10/09/2020 7:47 PM  
Posted By SamE2 on 10/09/2020 4:45 PM
So Shelia and Geno you are saying this question isn't allowed because he is asking for the information I provided.

Not quite. He can ask whatever he wants. Your reply goes against the posting rules.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/09/2020 8:30 PM  
I’m suspicious re the initial question.
JohnC77
(Washington)

10/10/2020 9:51 AM  
Contact an appraisal company that specializes in either condos, townhomes or apartments, or the insurance agent insuring the property.
TimB4
(Virginia)

10/11/2020 12:55 AM  
Jack,

As you know, the posting of names is not allowed per the posting rules.

You may want to provide an email (make a new one if you are concerned about posting one) and those that have vendor recommendations can email you.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

10/11/2020 9:49 AM  
Jack

Begin by calling a Commercial Real Estate Company and asking who they use for appraisals, maybe even condo buildings.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/11/2020 10:06 AM  
Jack maybe not real?

That was my point earlier.

Been three days.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

10/11/2020 12:19 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 10/11/2020 10:06 AM
Jack maybe not real?

Been three days.

I believe he has posted before so not a BOT.
JohnC77
(Washington)

10/11/2020 1:38 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 10/11/2020 10:06 AM
Jack maybe not real?

Been three days.

Exactly why are you posting, nothing better to do?
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/11/2020 1:53 PM  
JohnC77, dude, what's up?

The OP posted a very open question - without any related material. I followed up, noting I was suspicious since there was zip follow-up.

Again, what's up with you?
JohnC77
(Washington)

10/11/2020 2:52 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 10/11/2020 1:53 PM
JohnC77, dude, what's up?

The OP posted a very open question - without any related material. I followed up, noting I was suspicious since there was zip follow-up.

Again, what's up with you?

That's right, you answered by saying you didn't know anyone. That's all..You're not the moderator!
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/11/2020 8:36 PM  
And, the obvious, again.

What’s up, really?
JohnC77
(Washington)

10/11/2020 9:39 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 10/11/2020 8:36 PM
And, the obvious, again.

What’s up, really?

Go to bed!
JackS15
(Massachusetts)

10/12/2020 12:56 PM  
I'd like to add that I am not a robot and I do have a valid email that I receive notifications from. If anyone wants please direct message me any recommendations. Thanks
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Replacement cost value of a condo building for insurance

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement