Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Thursday, May 28, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Get 1 free year community website and email newsletter hosting from Community123.com!
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: ELECTIONS
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
JamieB3
(Ohio)

05/16/2020 9:24 PM  
Can I see an example of your voting ballots? We are voting for trustee postions.
MarkW18

05/16/2020 9:40 PM  
Enee, menee, mighty, mo.
CathyA3
(Ohio)

05/17/2020 5:34 AM  
Axe-u-lee, I don't have one in front of me since we only see them at the annual election and turn them in to be counted and stored by the association after the election is done.

From memory, they're very basic Word documents.

They just have the community name, date, and list of known candidates plus a blank line for write-ins, with check boxes for people to select their choice(s). We have 3 board members and elect one each year (unless something unusual is going on and we need to elect more).

Ohio does not do cumulative voting, and we have one vote per unit, which makes things simple.

People who own more than one unit or who have been named as proxy by other owners receive one ballot for each unit they represent.

The proxy forms are more complicated and legalese-y, with instructions and other verbiage as needed. But the two forms are separate. (Some communities in some states have combined proxy/ballot forms and mail-in voting, but we don't.)

Our attorney has attended some of our annual meetings and conducted the election, so the forms have received his "blessing".
TimB4
(Virginia)

05/17/2020 2:23 PM  
do a simple internet search on "hoa ballot template" and you will see examples.
TimB4
(Virginia)

05/17/2020 3:42 PM  
Attached is a copy in MSWord.

Note, if the attachment shows markups, simply select final under the view tab.
This was modified from the officer manuals I made for our Association.

hope it helps,

Tim

Attachment: 1517425052971.doc

TimB4
(Virginia)

05/17/2020 3:44 PM  
If you actually wanted to see a directed proxy (as some confuse the two), I've attached that here.

Attachment: 1517444893571.doc

JohnT38
(South Carolina)

05/17/2020 4:47 PM  
Posted By TimB4 on 05/17/2020 3:42 PM
Attached is a copy in MSWord.

Note, if the attachment shows markups, simply select final under the view tab.
This was modified from the officer manuals I made for our Association.

hope it helps,

Tim

By any chance is this manual something you can share?
TimB4
(Virginia)

05/17/2020 5:01 PM  
John,

I see you have posted some good comments and are on the board.
send me an email.
I don't have time to sanitize it.

[email protected]
JohnT38
(South Carolina)

05/17/2020 6:44 PM  
Posted By TimB4 on 05/17/2020 5:01 PM
John,

I see you have posted some good comments and are on the board.
send me an email.
I don't have time to sanitize it.

[email protected]

Thank you!
KristinaM1
(Pennsylvania)

05/28/2020 8:42 AM  
@TimB4 I am current HOA President and working on binders/manuals for our Board Members/OFficers - up until now there has been little to no organization and you can imagine the results. I would love if you would be willing to share yours that I could use as a reference? My email: [email protected]

Thanks so much and if you prefer not to share I understand that as well.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).

Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement