Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Monday, March 30, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Get 1 free year community website and email newsletter hosting from Community123.com!
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Bad board just won't quit being bad
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
JaredC
(Texas)

03/25/2020 9:52 AM  
I won the lawsuit against my HOA. Our board knowingly and willfully refused to bill people correctly for electrical usage so I initiated a legal action with the PUC. These HOA idiots spent more than $20,000 in legal fees and went so far as to allow the case to go to court. Even the judges were irritated with the HOA attorney at the ridiculous nature of their defense. the whole story is crazy and incredible and more sick than a simple post could ever attempt to cover. Bottom line we've lost more than $35,000 dollars (small 24 unit complex) and the HOA still will be forced to spend the money to make the needed repairs. They have 28 days from today. :-)

Anyway now the board is openly telling homeowners about secret board meetings and even having the audacity to send meeting minutes. Yes, it's crazy. They announce a meeting, send letters to all homeowners then cancel the meeting, but choose to have the meeting over the phone, refuse to allow any homeowners to participate, then say the minutes will be posted when they are available. I understand that I am dealing with an utterly corrupt/unethical board however the management company was an active participant in this craziness. Now I'm going to have to sue them over this!

I have tried every which way to get responsible people on the board but the community doesn't care enough to make that happen. In fact they actively choose to keep the bad people in power. In the end everyone suffers because we are losing tens of thousands of dollars needlessly in legal fees.

I've said it before that if you are unfortunate to have a truly evil board then you have to fight. It takes a ton of time, energy, and possibly money but the alternative to inaction is unbearable. Good luck out there folks.
AugustinD

03/25/2020 10:05 AM  
Posted By JaredC on 03/25/2020 9:52 AM
I won the lawsuit against my HOA. Our board knowingly and willfully refused to bill people correctly for electrical usage so I initiated a legal action with the PUC. These HOA idiots spent more than $20,000 in legal fees and went so far as to allow the case to go to court. Even the judges were irritated with the HOA attorney at the ridiculous nature of their defense. the whole story is crazy and incredible and more sick than a simple post could ever attempt to cover. Bottom line we've lost more than $35,000 dollars (small 24 unit complex) and the HOA still will be forced to spend the money to make the needed repairs. They have 28 days from today. :-)
Kewl. I especially like the report that the judges were irritated with the HOA attorney and the ridiculous defense. I remember you worked hard on this and showed great expertise on both the technical issues and pursuing this legally. Congrats!
Posted By JaredC on 03/25/2020 9:52 AM
Anyway now the board is openly telling homeowners about secret board meetings and even having the audacity to send meeting minutes. Yes, it's crazy. They announce a meeting, send letters to all homeowners then cancel the meeting, but choose to have the meeting over the phone, refuse to allow any homeowners to participate, then say the minutes will be posted when they are available. I understand that I am dealing with an utterly corrupt/unethical board [snip for brevity]
I cannot tell how much of this is about a safe response to COVID-19. At least the board is sending out Minutes.
SheliaH
(Indiana)

03/25/2020 10:32 AM  
All this time and money spent and the homeowners STILL won't band together to throw the rascals out? Sadly, your neighbors are getting what they deserve. Maybe when they see this hitting their pocketbooks in the form of higher assessments and/or reduced services because all the money's being paid to lawyers, they might wake up.

In the meantime congrats to you - and I'd make sure I have a ready response for people who may come to your door blaming YOU for all of this. I suspect the board will try to spin and spin this story to make you look like the bad guy, so have your response ready. Emphasize WHY you felt you had no choice but to take this to court - don't make it personal, just state the facts, then let THEM explain the electrical bill snafu (if this happened to you it probably happened to everyone else and they don't realize it).

I'm glad you said you have to fight. I've said over and over that bad boards exist when the homeowners don't keep them in check. You have to make the time to go to a meeting once in awhile and review the board meeting minutes and financials because ignorance isn't bliss in a HOA. A lot of people come to this board looking for quick answers, especially the ones that don't require any effort on their part, and it just doesn't work that way.

Congrats again.
JaredC
(Texas)

03/25/2020 11:35 AM  
Yeah, the cancelled the physical meeting due to Covid and chose to do it by telephone. In Texas telephonic board meetings are LEGAL and perfectly acceptable. What makes it illegal is they sent out a notice saying the physical meeting was cancelled and did not give any homeowner any way to be part of a telephonic meeting. When I was president we did these by telephone quite often and always gave out a phone number and even allowed homeowners to participate and ask questions. Our open board meetings were actually open. The meeting minutes were published shortly after I started this thread. Even the minutes are utterly inaccurate since they are required to make note of all unanimous board decisions done via email since the last meeting.

In the end they are doing what I told everyone they would i.e. shutting down the flow of information, targeting specific homeowners and causing harm maliciously (That's a thread by itself and they lost a legal challenge on that front too).

Eh, the ruling on the other case just came out and they probably don't even know about it yet. I'm going to let the HOA attorney give them the bad news and if they don't act I will file a contempt of court action on day 31 if the repairs are not complete.
AugustinD

03/25/2020 11:43 AM  
Respectfully, and in view of the COVID-19 crisis, to me your response seems un-enlightened.

Where I am and of necessity, court hearings have been sharply curtailed. I would think twice about threatening suit just now. Emailing a suggestion about how to run meetings in this crisis seems more appropriate.
JaredC
(Texas)

03/25/2020 12:09 PM  
Nah. It's 2020 and freeconferencecall.com exists. Furthermore Covid has nothing to do with crafting accurate meeting minutes. What they did is wrong on many levels. Regardless I have no plans to run out and file suit. It'll be months before I act because this is only part of a much larger picture. If our board ever decided to act in good faith my response would be very different. Sadly this type of thing is typical of our board. Heck, they were sued no to long ago because they tried to hold an election and only allowed certain people (they were in favor of) to vote. People who wanted to vote against them weren't allowed to vote at all! Yes, that got shut down too. It never ends.
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/25/2020 6:06 PM  
JaredC, please consider emailing a copy of the ruling to your entire HOA community.

Did you sue the directors individually as well? Even if insurance covers it, seeing their own names in Google search results as defendants can't be too appealing. That would make a lot of people shape up.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/25/2020 9:07 PM  
Jared,

It isn’t the 21st century to some people.

Will wait to hear how this goes down in the age of SARS Cov 19.
CjB2
(Texas)

03/26/2020 2:49 PM  
Jared sorry to hear about your troubles, I am also in Texas I would like to learn some of your lessons learned and steps. Would that be possible?

Thank you,

C
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/26/2020 3:06 PM  
I consider anyone who, like me, has sued a HOA as a potential soulmate! Thank you, JaredC!

I despise HOAs.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/26/2020 5:11 PM  
And, again, Paul, it seems as if you are not aligned with the stated and supported purpose of this website.

There are several anti-HOA websites ... why not spend your time with them?
JohnT38
(South Carolina)

03/26/2020 6:50 PM  
Posted By PaulJ6 on 03/26/2020 3:06 PM
I consider anyone who, like me, has sued a HOA as a potential soulmate! Thank you, JaredC!

I despise HOAs.

Paul,

I don't dispute for one minute that some HOA communities are poorly run and can end up being a terrible place to live. However, when someone like you makes wide sweeping generalizations 99% of the time they are based on their own personal experience and give no merit to anyone elses. HOA communities can be a great solution for someone depending on their needs and their personal circumstances.
I'll use my situation as an example. I had a massive heart attack seven years ago and lost my wife to cancer four years ago. I was living in a large house with a large yard. I came to hate it. I couldn't maintain it physically and there were no social activities in the neighborhood which caused me to isolate more than I should have. I reached my breaking point and finally sold the house and downsized to a side by side condo community. I no longer have to mess with a yard, worry about painting my home, replace rotten siding, repair the deck or plan for a roof replacement, etc., etc. For me personally, this was literally like lifting a huge weight off my shoulders. In addition, we have a lot of social activities that have led me to form new friendships and help with the loneliness that I was experiencing. I don't regret for one minute the decision I made. It fits my life style and the phase of life that I am now in.
My daughter lives in a HOA community consisting of single family residences. She has 3 young kids. Their community has a pool, playground, gym, etc. They also have a ton of kids there and as a result there are many planned activities for her children. It fits her life style and the phase of life that she is now in.
I readily agree that some HOA's are run poorly. Now that I'm on the Board, as president, I've seen first hand what happens when it is not managed properly. In my daughter's case, it appears their HOA is well run. The real truth is that the experience that people have with HOA's will vary and your belief that they all suck and that they are somehow evil is nonsense and gives a one sided view to whomever happens to stumble on this website.
AugustinD

03/26/2020 7:26 PM  
Posted By JohnT38 on 03/26/2020 6:50 PM
when someone like you makes wide sweeping generalizations 99% of the time they are based on their own personal experience and give no merit to anyone elses.
The above seems like a lot of assumption. The reason I have no problem with PaulJ6 and Jared and a few others here celebrating their victories is because this forum routinely has reports of boards breaking the law in significant ways. Such boards are armed with an attorney whom none of the directors have to pay out of their own pockets. Meanwhile the poor HOA member has to hire her or his own attorney or do the amazing labor of pro se. If this forum can help HOA members in such situations in any way, I am for it.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/26/2020 7:37 PM  
Or, the poster is simply clueless about their situation.

Again, the point of this forum is to be positive about HOAs, not to nitpick every disgruntled member circumstance, but to be helpful to board and committee members.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/26/2020 7:45 PM  
To be clear, this forum is NOT for poor HOA members, but those trying, as board and committee members, to do the right thing.

Sure there are bad boards, and sure there are harmed members - this forum is to help boards and committees to be better at their jobs by sharing our experience, not as a sounding board for every presumably aggrieved member, as they present their cases.
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/26/2020 7:49 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/26/2020 7:45 PM
To be clear, this forum is NOT for poor HOA members, but those trying, as board and committee members, to do the right thing.

Sure there are bad boards, and sure there are harmed members - this forum is to help boards and committees to be better at their jobs by sharing our experience, not as a sounding board for every presumably aggrieved member, as they present their cases.

AND, 95% of the posters are not Board or Committee members, just homeowners who have issues with their HOA. So Paul or I aren't the only ones not in love with HOA.

As much as issues I have with HOA's, my wife hates them 500% more, and she was the president of the one we lived in. She said NEVER again!

Georgie, it's really time to get back on your meds and go nighty night. Lights out!
AugustinD

03/26/2020 7:59 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/26/2020 7:37 PM
Again, the point of this forum is to be positive about HOAs...
If this were the point, then the forum would have little reason to exist. Incredibly enough, lawsuits can and have helped make HOAs better. And for the record, I have seen PaulJ6 chastise HOA members for being ridiculous and unfair to their HOA's board.

Jared, did you use an attorney to win your dispute over the electrical metering?
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/26/2020 7:59 PM  
No meds, just tired of the continual childish crap on this forum, from folks who apparently have a need to be on an “anti” forum. These fora exist, go whine about how much you hate HOAs on one of them.

There “should be” a moderator to put a stop to this nonsense.
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/26/2020 8:17 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/26/2020 7:59 PM
There “should be” a moderator to put a stop to this nonsense.

MAYBE, but it sure in hell won't be YOU.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/26/2020 8:36 PM  
No more “Georgie?”

C’mon, be adult about this - go find a group that needs to hear the constant whining about how much you hate HOAs. Maybe you’ll meet others who appreciate your perspectives - you can tune up an entire band of whiners and really rip into those darn HOAs.

Childish nonsense.
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/26/2020 8:52 PM  
Nite Georgie
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/26/2020 9:02 PM  
Childish nonsense.

I hope posters understand what is happening here.

Perhaps, also we can make this negative enough for the supporters of this site to take note.
JaredC
(Texas)

03/26/2020 11:20 PM  
AugustineD I did this whole thing pro se. It took an entire year of effort. Luckily I was a board member for 12 years and a president for most of that time so I know a considerable amount about how things really work on the back end. Sadly our current board turned this whole thing into an ego trip rather than deal with the maintenance issue it always was. Seriously, our HOA was billing out 40-50% of electrical usage when the number should have been 80-90%. The HOA was losing tens of thousands in lost billing.

JohnT38
(South Carolina)

03/27/2020 4:03 AM  
Posted By AugustinD on 03/26/2020 7:26 PM
Posted By JohnT38 on 03/26/2020 6:50 PM
when someone like you makes wide sweeping generalizations 99% of the time they are based on their own personal experience and give no merit to anyone elses.
The above seems like a lot of assumption. The reason I have no problem with PaulJ6 and Jared and a few others here celebrating their victories is because this forum routinely has reports of boards breaking the law in significant ways. Such boards are armed with an attorney whom none of the directors have to pay out of their own pockets. Meanwhile the poor HOA member has to hire her or his own attorney or do the amazing labor of pro se. If this forum can help HOA members in such situations in any way, I am for it.

For such a smart person, and I sincerely means it, you completely missed the point. Not all HOA's are bad and there are valid reasons they may be a good fit for some people. When it comes to HOA's the old saying "the truth is in the middle" applies. There are good ones and there are bad ones. For those that assert that they are all bad it is ill informed and quite frankly childish.
AugustinD

03/27/2020 8:10 AM  
JaredC, re pro se, outstanding. You're my HOA hero of the month.

JohnT38, PaulJ6 did not say all HOAs were bad. He said he despises HOAs. You're going to feel whatever about this, and I will respect this. I think PaulJ6's feelings ought to be respected as well.
AugustinD

03/27/2020 8:14 AM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/26/2020 9:02 PM
I hope posters understand what is happening here.
Yup, I do. I do not believe in either herds or promoting herds. You're obviously technologically proficient, and I think that's well needed on boards. You obviously for the greater part want to see boards following the governing documents. You do not promote herds. That's all I need to know to justify continuing to read your posts. FWIW
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/27/2020 8:31 AM  
Nope... Paul and Mark are simply on the wrong forum

Great opportunity for them to start a new forum ...”IhateHOAs.whine”

I do wish this forum would make changes to get it back to its purpose, vs the homeowner whining and the angry formers.
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/27/2020 8:33 AM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/27/2020 8:31 AM
Nope... Paul and Mark are simply on the wrong forum

Great opportunity for them to start a new forum ...”IhateHOAs.whine”

I do wish this forum would make changes to get it back to its purpose, vs the homeowner whining and the angry formers.

Maybe the BETTER idea would be for YOU to start one where YOU could be the BOSS of it.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/27/2020 8:50 AM  
Nope.

Not about running things - about following the rules.

Probably the reason you hate HOAs ... you can’t follow rules, unless they suit you.

You are simply on the wrong forum - and, accordingly don’t fit with the intent of this forum.
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/27/2020 9:18 AM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/27/2020 8:50 AM
Nope.

Probably the reason you hate HOAs ... you can’t follow rules, unless they suit you.

You are simply on the wrong forum - and, accordingly don’t fit with the intent of this forum.

As far as rules are concerned, I have followed the rules, you just have an problem understanding them! The rules ask that you keep your TOPIC Blah...Blah...Blah..., not your response. The mission statement, not the rules, state this is a positive place for Blah...Blah...Blah...If that was the case, as someone said, this forum would be a ghost town.

For the record, I have a hell of a lot more experience with HOA's than you'll ever have. If you disagree with me, prove me wrong, or don't comment at all. I will only respond to posts I feel I have some expertise in. I won't respond just to raise my posting numbers. There are some very well run HOA's throughout the country and I applaud them for there efforts. There are many, many others that are horrible, either because of management or boards, or both. If there weren't, this site would not exist!
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/27/2020 11:33 AM  
Not much interested in you, at all, Mark - and, I suspect, if I met you, I would probably dislike you immensely. Your tone, throughout so many of these threads has been as an obnoxious know-it-all, with a strong tendency to act like a 5th grade elementary school bully. Apparently, you can’t help it. I’ve met a lot of your ilk - none improved with age.

But, I will continue to post to counter your anti-HOA nonsense, as often as you post it. I would still appreciate it, though, if you would simply find a group of likeminded folks - anti HOA folks - reminder, again, you are posting and commenting counter to the purpose of this forum. I know you don’t care - see the paragraph above - and my last post.

MarkW18
(Florida)

03/27/2020 11:41 AM  
Ah crap, and I thought we could be friends.
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/27/2020 12:35 PM  
MarkW18, you make excellent points in your posts, and you are a strong asset to this board (and to HOAs).

AugustinD, you're right yet again- your interpretation of my post is 100% correct. Thumbs up to you as well.
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/27/2020 12:45 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/27/2020 11:33 AM
Not much interested in you, at all, Mark - and, I suspect, if I met you, I would probably dislike you immensely. Your tone, throughout so many of these threads has been as an obnoxious know-it-all, with a strong tendency to act like a 5th grade elementary school bully. Apparently, you can’t help it. I’ve met a lot of your ilk - none improved with age.

But, I will continue to post to counter your anti-HOA nonsense, as often as you post it. I would still appreciate it, though, if you would simply find a group of likeminded folks - anti HOA folks - reminder, again, you are posting and commenting counter to the purpose of this forum. I know you don’t care - see the paragraph above - and my last post.

That's just how we roll now days. It's the hip thing.
JaredC
(Texas)

03/27/2020 9:43 PM  
Cjb2 I don't know what I have to offer but if you want to contact me it's [email protected] I'm a computer guy and my name is all out in the open anyway. I've been on both sides of the equation i.e. board member and homeowner. I'm for good boards and against bad ones. By that same token I'm also for good homeowners not bad ones. :-) Ha!
WalterH4
(Indiana)

03/28/2020 6:12 AM  
Nope.

George, "keeping things positive" surely doesn't mean to withhold negative opinions about HOA's, but rather is referring to destructive comments aimed at those who post (e.g. insults, name calling). Keeping it constructive is how I interpret this rule. If we tear people down, it discourages some from posting, because they don't want to face the insults.

This board would suck without disagreements, including those who tend to hate most (or even all) HOA's. The diversity of opinion is part of what makes this board so awesome.

My personal opinion is that in general HOA's that have individuals who "sue the HOA" are most often "unlucky" HOA's that may have been better off without that person who filed the lawsuit. Note that I say "in general", and so I'm sure there are cases where it's appropriate, including this case here. But in some cases, it just discourages ANYONE from wanting to be on the board, and be exposed to this crap, which then makes the HOA weaker, not stronger. This is especially true, in general, of those who only want to sue, but won't volunteer themselves to lead the board in a manner which they find acceptable.

So even if the board is doing things wrong, doesn't necessarily justify a lawsuit. But if the board not only refuses to comply, but also uses it's powers to "remain in power" and prevent other leaders from taking over who are willing to "do it right", IMO, it's not appropriate to sue. If no one else wants to lead, then lawsuits are generally a bad idea, IMO. That's how our HOA would view it.
WalterH4
(Indiana)

03/28/2020 6:13 AM  
And btw, George, with you and Mark - the insults are going both ways. You telling him to "go somewhere else" is about the worst insult you can deliver ("your kind don't belong here!")
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/28/2020 7:24 AM  
Posted By WalterH4 on 03/28/2020 6:12 AM
Nope.

George, "keeping things positive" surely doesn't mean to withhold negative opinions about HOA's, but rather is referring to destructive comments aimed at those who post (e.g. insults, name calling). Keeping it constructive is how I interpret this rule. If we tear people down, it discourages some from posting, because they don't want to face the insults.

This board would suck without disagreements, including those who tend to hate most (or even all) HOA's. The diversity of opinion is part of what makes this board so awesome.

My personal opinion is that in general HOA's that have individuals who "sue the HOA" are most often "unlucky" HOA's that may have been better off without that person who filed the lawsuit. Note that I say "in general", and so I'm sure there are cases where it's appropriate, including this case here. But in some cases, it just discourages ANYONE from wanting to be on the board, and be exposed to this crap, which then makes the HOA weaker, not stronger. This is especially true, in general, of those who only want to sue, but won't volunteer themselves to lead the board in a manner which they find acceptable.

So even if the board is doing things wrong, doesn't necessarily justify a lawsuit. But if the board not only refuses to comply, but also uses it's powers to "remain in power" and prevent other leaders from taking over who are willing to "do it right", IMO, it's not appropriate to sue. If no one else wants to lead, then lawsuits are generally a bad idea, IMO. That's how our HOA would view it.

I am not posting to disagree with you, but to offer my own perspective.

In my lawsuit, I sued because the HOA board lied, violated the HOA's bylaws, etc., was illegally in office and without valid authority raised HOA dues, paid for repairs to board members' homes and did all sorts of things. And the HOA's lawyer (!) lied and broke Federal law. Their attitude was, "we're the HOA board and we're a HOA lawyer and we can do whatever we want, and we're coming after you if you challenge us."

Well, no, you can't, HOA board and idiot HOA lawyer, according to the law.

I incurred significant monetary damages due to what they did. I sued, the bad board members were removed from office and replaced with better ones, and I got many times over what I had originally asked for (the agreement that I signed with the HOA is confidential, so I can't discuss the outcome).

In my view (of life generally), you can do whatever you want to me, but if I incur damages due to what you did, then you simply need to pay me for those damages. I don't see why a HOA should be exempt from that obligation.
AugustinD

03/28/2020 8:34 AM  
For what it's worth: Nice posts today WalterH4 (well-written and thought-out points) and PaulJ6.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

03/28/2020 9:31 AM  
Much more informative posts rather then Mark and George pi$$ing back and forth.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/28/2020 5:52 PM  
Walter,

Please take a look at the purpose of this site ... make sense?

Mark simply needs to find a home where he is aligned with the purpose of that home.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/28/2020 5:57 PM  
Yeah, John ... it seems like that. I’m not really interested in fighting with anyone - I am interested in this site being used for it’s intended purpose.

Sure, it’s clear what I think of Mark, but that is because he continues to believe his task on this site is to be negative ... vice positive.

I’m certainly going to make sure advice he provides, if counter to the site’s purpose, is called out as such.
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/28/2020 6:30 PM  
GeorgeS21: another forum participant emailed your rants to me. I haven't read your posts since I announced that I was stopping, as I don't read your posts.

There are terms of use for this board. They are available through the homepage. All of us need to comply with them, but they certainly don't contain anything like the content and user limits that you claim for this board.

If you want to specify how this board may be used, and who may participate in it, then you should buy this board or otherwise become a moderator.

Otherwise, shut up and stop claiming that your dreams carry any weight. They don't.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/28/2020 6:35 PM  
Paul,

You may also be part of the problem.

The purpose of this site is to be positive wrt HOAs ... if you have a problem with this, expect to be called out when you post negative opinions.

No biggie to me, but I will continue to make sure you and others are reminded of our common responsibility to abide by this site’s purpose.
GenoS
(Florida)

03/28/2020 7:48 PM  
How does one "abide by a purpose"?
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/28/2020 8:32 PM  
Follow the purpose?

Or, start an “anti HOA” website?
JaredC
(Texas)

03/29/2020 8:10 PM  
With regard to WalterH4's post I would note that bad people will sue good boards and good people will sue bad boards. If you are a good guy then don't be afraid to run and serve on a board. The way you protect yourself is to act in good faith and reasonably follow the advice of professionals in their field like HOA attorney's or management companies. Don't get me wrong the professional can be wrong and disagree but if you're acting in good faith that goes a long way to making sure you are not personally liable because some douchebag homeowner decides to sue.

If you are a bad guy board member acting with bad faith then roll the dice.
GenoS
(Florida)

03/29/2020 8:52 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/28/2020 8:32 PM
Follow the purpose?

Or, start an “anti HOA” website?

I was thinking more along the lines of... you can follow rules, you can follow guidelines, you can follow instructions, but the "purpose" of anything and everything is subject to subjective interpretation.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/29/2020 9:03 PM  
Like, we pay for this site to be “A forum for Community Association Boards & Other Volunteers to discuss topics concerning their association duties.”

Nothing about this is subjective to me.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Bad board just won't quit being bad

Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement