Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Wednesday, April 08, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Get 1 free year community website and email newsletter hosting from Community123.com!
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Anyone doing something about Coronavirus in their HOA?
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

03/15/2020 5:51 AM  
Curious with so many cancellations and not wanting to have gatherings, what is your HOA doing during this Coronavirus outbreak? Share some ideas for others. Maybe a remote meeting link? A phone tree? Checking on elderly? Sharing Toilet Paper?

Nice to know how your HOA is sticking together.

Former HOA President
SheliaH
(Indiana)

03/15/2020 6:06 AM  
As far as I know, nothing's changed. I don't attend as many meeting as indie when I was on the board, and the few I have attended only had the board members (3), the property manager, the security officer and myself.

I think a lot of this is about common sense. We all know or should know to wash our hands (although I've seen some women's restrooms that make me wonder!), and stay home when you're sick. I do think it's a good idea to check on senior citizens because they've at higher risk, but may not be aware of things like grocery delivery services or be able to access them because they don't have internet access, like my 94 year old mother who lives out of state (fortunately, we have several residents who keep an eye on her.)I

There's also a conversation on phone and video conferencing for board meetings that I think people should consider, especially if there's an annual meeting in the horizon.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/15/2020 6:13 AM  
I cancelled our March Board meeting ... if things don’t improve, I will also try and arrange a telecon for the May Annual Meeting.

We have limited social activities, so don’t have to cancel any of them.

We do have an upcoming community yard sale ... what do you think, should it be cancelled?

Dropping in on elderly residents is probably unwise ... unless it is done by medical professionals with appropriate training.
CathyA3
(Ohio)

03/15/2020 6:59 AM  
Ha! I mentioned planning for this a few weeks ago and got poo-poo'ed. I don't like to say "I told you so" but.... :-)

Our annual meeting is scheduled for this coming week. Fortunately we never have anywhere near 100 people (our governor has banned gatherings over that size) and the meeting room is large enough to allow people to spread out. However, I'm social-distancing myself because of my age, so won't attend this year.

Also fortunately Ohio is not an open meeting state, so we can go to email meetings if necessary. I do think that a lot of business practices are going to change as people are forced to conduct business remotely, so even states like mine should look into services like Go to Meeting. That's just good contingency planning and every board should think about how to keep things moving in the event of a disaster.

Think about your amenities such as a clubhouse or workout room! They are great virus transmission vehicles if not kept clean. If your state bans large gatherings, you may have to cancel activities. It couldn't hurt to put up signs reminding people to wash their hands, wipe down the exercise equipment and the like. Assume people will ignore the signs, but at least the HOA is being proactive about resident safety. If HOA approval is needed for a yard sale, you may want to think twice about it even if your state hasn't banned large gatherings yet. This epidemic is moving so fast that an activity that seems reasonable today may be completely irresponsible in just a week. You want to avoid any liability.

This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better - we're about 2-3 weeks behind Italy - and we should think about possible disruptions or delays in things like trash collection, responses to maintenance requests and the like. Our residents have already discovered food delivery - there was a steady stream of delivery trucks starting at 8 AM yesterday. Our board members are all dog owners/walkers, and that group functions as an informal neighborhood watch.
SheliaH
(Indiana)

03/15/2020 8:41 AM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/15/2020 6:13 AM
I cancelled our March Board meeting ... if things don’t improve, I will also try and arrange a telecon for the May Annual Meeting.

We have limited social activities, so don’t have to cancel any of them.

We do have an upcoming community yard sale ... what do you think, should it be cancelled?

Dropping in on elderly residents is probably unwise ... unless it is done by medical professionals with appropriate training.

For the yard sale, it may be a good idea to postpone it, perhaps revisit the matter in 45-60 days.

As far as elderly residents go, a phone call to email (if the resident has access) works just as well as a visit (personal visits should probably be limited to family right now).
AugustinD

03/15/2020 8:43 AM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/15/2020 6:13 AM
We do have an upcoming community yard sale ... what do you think, should it be cancelled.
I can believe that traveling in an enclosed space like an airplane is more risky than walking about outdoors, even in a busy market. Still the disease is so contagious, and the practical costs of becoming infected are so high, I would be inclined to postpone the yard sale.

Rec centers and libraries closed this past week where I am. I will miss the gym and pool but I know the closings are the right thing to do. Which brings me back to being outdoors: I intend to hike a few times a week, on fairly well-traveled trails. For sanity. I do not think I am at risk the way I am when I go to the grocery store (or, if push comes to shove, wherever food is being distributed for a few weeks and hopefully not months).
SheliaH
(Indiana)

03/15/2020 8:51 AM  
I just read a blog from several doctors on social distancing in light of this virus, and they stated outdoor exercise should be ok as long as you take precautions - stay six feet apart from other people, stay home if you feel sick and of course, wash your hands and use disinfectant to wipe down surfaces you touch regularly like doorknobs.

If you have access to a gym, you can still visit but should ask what the staff is doing to sanitize the equipment and do your part (like wiping down free weights or machines when you're done). The place where I take Zumba class has made hand sanitizer available, people now bring their exercise mats for the boot camp and yoga classes, and when I took the hip hop extreme step class yesterday, we lined up all the steps and sprayed them with a water/bleach solution.
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/15/2020 9:11 AM  
I compare today with what happened in 2009. Anyone remember what happened then. The swine flu affected the healthy and the young. The old people's immune system fought it off. Back then, age WAS a benefit. In 2009, 1 in 5 were infected.

Today, unlike 2009, we are shutting down completely. Actually, kids being in schools might be the best thing. They would be away from the one's most vulnerable, older people with underlying medical condition, the complete opposite of 2009.

But, then, maybe a two month vacation is needed.
SheliaH
(Indiana)

03/15/2020 9:12 AM  
And here are some additional things I read on another website residents can consider doing - these can be posted on a community website:

If you work from a place like a cafe or a restaurant (which may be a lot less crowded) or picking up dinner for your family, consider patronizing one that's hurting for business (a few may be losing business thanks to virus-related racism). Yes, folks that's a thing - Google it for more information.

Donate to your local food bank. People still need help, especially kids who depend on school breakfast and lunch programs and may not have access because the schools are closed. You can also volunteer to work two hours or so, or just make a financial donation.

Give to your local arts organization, music nonprofit, or museum, all of which are being impacted because performances are canceled or postponed, and some are being closed. If you got a refund for a canceled event, consider donating that amount if you can afford it.

By the way, if you're contributing money, you may want to check if there's a matching program to double what you give.

Give blood at your local blood bank (if you're healthy and able to do so). In case you're wondering, there's no known risk from giving blood or receiving a transfusion. Call your local American Red Cross with questions or to schedule an appointment.

Pay attention to where you get your information - as usual, there's lots of misinformation floating around out there, along with people talking out of their ass (you know who I'm talking about!) Watch out for scams and hoaxes as well - there are already people selling "cures", hackers using coronavirus information to distribute malware. The craziest one I've heard (so far) is the rumor that you can use Tito's Vodka to make a hand sanitizer - they had to put a notice on their website dispelling that tale. Take the vodka and make a cocktail instead, and determine which news source you trust the most, and check out what your state or local health department is doing in your area, along with the CDC and WHO (World Health Organization).

GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/15/2020 10:47 AM  
I don’t thimk I would be going to a gym ... sanitizing sweaty grips in a sweaty environment with high lung exchange rates seems .....??
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/15/2020 11:30 AM  
Tito’s won’t work because it is around 4% alcohol ... Everclear, or Ronrico 150 should work fine ... final solution must be 70% alcohol ...
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/15/2020 11:36 AM  
40%, not 4%.
KellyM3
(North Carolina)

03/15/2020 11:46 AM  
We don't have large gatherings so everything is "normal." However, if the emergency declarations mandate business closures except for essential economic activities & food, we'd follow suit.

I asked about our pool season and was told the water is chlorinated, which makes opening/closing the pool an HOA policy.....and I'm still not sure how to handle it, yet. Time will tell.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/15/2020 11:54 AM  
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html

Big issue with pools is not the water, it’s people being close, sneezing, spitting, touching ...
KerryL1
(California)

03/15/2020 1:10 PM  
We're leaving our pool & spa open for now, partly because, especially the pool doesn't get much use.
GenoS
(Florida)

03/15/2020 1:25 PM  
We had a St. Patrick's Day dinner at our clubhouse canceled due to "health officials' advice against large gatherings". 26 people is hardly a "large gathering" in a Clubhouse with a large 40' x 40' room and a maximum occupancy of 90. I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that the head of the social committee just didn't want to deal with it. That committee usually doesn't shop for food until the week before an event and the grocery stores were crowded for much of the week. I wasn't going anyway so I'm not complaining.

We'll see what happens to our Board Meeting scheduled for the 24th. Normally I'd expect it to be canceled but we have our annual insurance policies to consider and they need to be in place by May 1 and our agent usually puts in an appearance around this time of year to explain insurance-related matters to the new board and also new homeowners. That's always something homeowners are interested in hearing and is well attended. Not sure how all that's going to go.

The governor issued a State of Emergency Declaration last week and I know the Florida HOA statute gives boards extraordinary powers in such times. I looked at the statute and thought the first part of FS 720.316 "Association Emergency Powers" was interesting. It starts with, "... the board of directors, in response to damage caused by an event for which a state of emergency is declared pursuant to s. 252.36 in the area encompassed by the association, may exercise the following powers:"

Following that is a list of things like short or no-notice board and members meetings, canceling/rescheduling meetings, appoint assistant officers who are not members, levy special assessments without a vote of the owners, borrow money and pledge assets without a vote of the owners, and so on and so forth.

The language, "in response to damage caused by an event for which a state of emergency is declared," seems to be tailored for natural disasters like floods and hurricanes. With no such event having transpired, and the existent state of emergency declared in a precautionary manner, I wonder how many of the provisions actually apply during this "emergency". The pandemic is certainly an "event", but "in response to damage" is open to wide interpretation, I think.

I'd be very concerned if the virus outbreak coincided with an early-season hurricane. That season is still 11 weeks away (knocks on wood).
GenoS
(Florida)

03/15/2020 1:36 PM  
Just to add... I read FS 252.36 which outlines the governor's power to declare an emergency and the various responses by state agencies and departments. It's pretty comprehensive. I think what's in FS 720 regarding an HOA board's emergency powers is certainly appropriate. The only change I'd make is in the wording at the start of FS 720.316(1). I'd change,

"in response to damage caused by an event"

to

"in response to an event"

and leave everythine else the same.

An HOA's board, though, (and a condo board for that matter) doesn't need to rely exclusively on a governor's emergency declaration. It's entirely possible that a flash flood or a tornado would affect only a small area and you'd never get a governor's emergency declaraion for a small event like that. Boards would still need the emergency powers under the statute, though.
BarbaraT1
(Texas)

03/15/2020 1:43 PM  
We have cancelled the Easter social event and are trying to figure out how to have the annual meeting with virtual access. Residents are NOT happy about the Easter event being canceled. Our pools don’t open til May 1, so there’s time to wait and see there.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

03/15/2020 2:02 PM  
I think it's going to take a bit of time to sink in. Still have to do some more preparations. Right now one biggest hurdles is testing. There isn't any stations set up in our area right now. Once that happens think the #'s should increase in reported cases. We do have one nearby reported case. Which is a bit close to home right now to my work as well.

Luckily, I already had hand sanitizers, toilet paper, and other supplies on hand. Actually found had too many cans of Lysol a few weeks ago and didn't know what to do with them. I try to keep hand sanitizer close by and use it any time I may go out to public.

The good news is that hoping that they can contain this strain of the virus. If they can, then if you do get it, then it will have to be a mutated form of it in the future to get it again. Maybe by that time there will be a vaccine for it.

I say don't panic and believe every news reporter on TV. Listen to the ACTUAL experts and not what comes out of the reporter's mouths. Think a bit more about the things you read on social media. Do they make sense or does it sound like WTF??? Have many friends that are still vacationing. Try to stay home. Find out who may have been out of town/country recently. That way know who is the higher risk in your community.

Just do not panic and find a new ways to communicate.

Former HOA President
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/15/2020 2:14 PM  
Geno,

All populations are not demographic equal ... what is the average age of your group?
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/15/2020 2:16 PM  
Sad to say, but this country needs to focus on those at risk, not panic and shut the country down. Granted, because of the lack of testing (I'm scratching my head over that) we don't know the number of infected, but compared to 2009, 60 million Americans were infected and world-wide, those infected the number went as high as 1.4 BILLION. In addition, a far greater number were at risk, far, far greater than today.

Hell, I can't even get toilet paper. I told my wife to bring some home from Kentucky.
GenoS
(Florida)

03/15/2020 2:35 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 03/15/2020 2:14 PM
Geno,

All populations are not demographic equal ... what is the average age of your group?

Over 60 overall, but the people who were going to the St. Patrick's dinner were, on average, 10-15 years older than that. About 20% of the owners/residents are probably between 50 and 60. That last group are usually the ones who attend the board meetings.
GenoS
(Florida)

03/15/2020 2:40 PM  
Posted By BarbaraT1 on 03/15/2020 1:43 PM
We have cancelled the Easter social event and are trying to figure out how to have the annual meeting with virtual access. Residents are NOT happy about the Easter event being canceled. Our pools don’t open til May 1, so there’s time to wait and see there.

I haven't seen anything for sure, but the chlorine in pool water probably kills the virus pretty reliably. How close together everyone's sitting around the pool is another concern. Ours is open all year and we haven't considered closing it. It's never that crowded. Maximum bathing load is 20 persons and if there are ever a dozen people in the pool that would be a lot.
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/15/2020 4:22 PM  
Why on earth would a HOA not be doing something about coronavirus?

For all HOAs:
* Banning in-person meetings and group events
* Banning sick employees from coming to work
* Requesting that HOA residents who get coronavirus to inform the HOA
* Replacing doorknobs and locks with "touch-free" ones
* Putting hand sanitizer and cleaners at various places in public areas

For HOAs in multifamily buildings:
* Requiring that deliveries of food and small items be left at the building entrance

My office has banned all outside visitors, banned sick employees from coming to work, banned deliveries, etc. And my office building has nice hand sanitizer dispensers at various places. Why would an organization that governs someone's home do less?
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/15/2020 4:28 PM  
SERIOUSLY DUDE?
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/15/2020 4:31 PM  
2009 in US ... 12,000 deaths, 59,000,000 infected ... 0.02% death rate

2020 in Italy ... 1,809 deaths, 24,727 infected ... 7.3% death rate

2020 in Germany ... 12 deaths, 2620 infected ... 0.2% death rate

Sure, the denominator is still not certain, perhaps not even close to what we know about the 2009 virus ... even the German numbers at 10X the 2009 US numbers ...

We’ll have to watch and wait ...

DeidreB
(Virginia)

03/15/2020 4:40 PM  
We have a very small single family home HOA. No pools or indoor facilities and our board meetings are typically quarterly with one just recently held. Annual meeting is months away. Our By Laws and Declaration do not include any HOA responsibility for law enforcement or first responder type stuff. So no, our HOA isn't doing anything about Coronavirus.
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/15/2020 4:42 PM  
Posted By MarkW18 on 03/15/2020 4:28 PM
SERIOUSLY DUDE?

Is this in response to my post?

Do you want the US to end up like Italy? If not, we need to act forcefully about this.
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/15/2020 4:43 PM  
SERIOUSLY DUDE?

And to add: everything I list is something that my OFFICE has done. Yes, even doorknobs are being replaced so that they don't have to opened with a palm of a hand.

If an office does these things, why wouldn't a HOA?
AugustinD

03/15/2020 5:24 PM  
SERIOUSLY DUDE?
I think either your math skills are weak, or you are not paying attention. Of course seriously.
KerryL1
(California)

03/15/2020 5:55 PM  
Our twin 25-story high rises has about 600 door handles on our residential floors, probably 150 on the lobby & 2nd amenities floor, including the gym, locker rooms & pool gates. they, our 3 P-levels probably have another 200 to elevator lobbies, into parking garage, stairwells, and numerous storage locker areas.

So, maybe 1,000 handles. We don't reserve for them. Wonder what the cost would be including labor, Paul?? How much did it cost for your "office?' Your mean your own firm's offices? Or the entire office building?
KerryL1
(California)

03/15/2020 5:55 PM  
Our twin 25-story high rises has about 600 door handles on our residential floors, probably 150 on the lobby & 2nd amenities floor, including the gym, locker rooms & pool gates. they, our 3 P-levels probably have another 200 to elevator lobbies, into parking garage, stairwells, and numerous storage locker areas.

So, maybe 1,000 handles. We don't reserve for them. Wonder what the cost would be including labor, Paul?? How much did it cost for your "office?' Your mean your own firm's offices? Or the entire office building?
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/15/2020 6:07 PM  
Posted By AugustinD on 03/15/2020 5:24 PM
SERIOUSLY DUDE?
I think either your math skills are weak, or you are not paying attention. Of course seriously.

What the hell do my math skills have to do with this conversion?
AugustinD

03/15/2020 6:10 PM  
Exponents.
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/15/2020 6:21 PM  
Posted By PaulJ6 on 03/15/2020 4:22 PM
Why on earth would a HOA not be doing something about coronavirus?

For all HOAs:
* Banning in-person meetings and group events
* Banning sick employees from coming to work
* Requesting that HOA residents who get coronavirus to inform the HOA
* Replacing doorknobs and locks with "touch-free" ones
* Putting hand sanitizer and cleaners at various places in public areas

For HOAs in multifamily buildings:
* Requiring that deliveries of food and small items be left at the building entrance

My office has banned all outside visitors, banned sick employees from coming to work, banned deliveries, etc. And my office building has nice hand sanitizer dispensers at various places. Why would an organization that governs someone's home do less?

I didn't realize the HOA now have the power of a state or federal government. Of all the HOA I had managed over the years the total employees were 2, and that covered 125+ HOA's. All residents have to inform the HOA if they have the virus. When does that happens? Hell, we can't even get tests. I'll let you know when I get tested, maybe in two months.

Currently I am in California, where hand sanitizer or toilet paper can't be had. Last week, the leader of this country told the world this was just a hoax. He wouldn't let passengers off a cruise ship because it would only increase the number of infected on American soil. In my opinion this country is in a unnecessary state of panic.

I got a text from my health that I am one of those in high risk. But, I can't go into a facility unless my primary doctor has referred me, so it might be a while until I informed the HOA I don't live in.

Thank you very much!
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/15/2020 6:22 PM  
Posted By AugustinD on 03/15/2020 6:10 PM
Exponents.

You win
BarbaraT1
(Texas)

03/15/2020 6:30 PM  
Posted By GenoS on 03/15/2020 2:40 PM
Posted By BarbaraT1 on 03/15/2020 1:43 PM

I haven't seen anything for sure, but the chlorine in pool water probably kills the virus pretty reliably. How close together everyone's sitting around the pool is another concern. Ours is open all year and we haven't considered closing it. It's never that crowded. Maximum bathing load is 20 persons and if there are ever a dozen people in the pool that would be a lot.

We have over 1000 homes, two pools with a combined capacity of 450 plus kiddie pools. They are very crowded in the summer. The pools have bathrooms, loungers, tables, chairs. We don’t have the resources to sanitize the pool areas daily.
BenA2
(Texas)

03/15/2020 9:08 PM  
We scaled back our annual membership meeting to include only voting. We encouraged everyone to vote absentee or just drop off their ballot and leave. Our elections are completely by ballot, so that made it easy. The only other thing we do at the membership meeting is present the budget (previously approved by the board) and report on what we have done over the past year.
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/15/2020 11:42 PM  
Posted By KerryL1 on 03/15/2020 5:55 PM

The entire building’s handles that needed tin be turned were replaced.

You would know better than I what costs for your HOA would be. Why not replace knobs in high-traffic areas if funds are limited?
LetA
(Nevada)

03/16/2020 8:35 AM  
We cancelled out spring event in early May, not worth the risk, and we delayed opening the pool.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

03/16/2020 10:05 AM  
We are small, standalone patio homes with no amenities. The only thing we have dome is as part of our notification of our 2020 Annual Meeting is scheduled for April 30 and subject to cancellation for health reasons. If so, you will receive a letter notifying you of the cancellation.

Most of our BOD work is done via Email and phone so we rarely meet thus not an issue.

So basically we have done nothing and we do not see the need for us to take any action.
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/16/2020 12:25 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 03/15/2020 5:51 AM
Maybe a remote meeting link?

Great idea.

Why wouldn't HOAs have that anyway? A Zoom or FreeConferenceCall.com account is totally free and the meeting can be broadcast using someone's iPhone.
CathyA3
(Ohio)

03/16/2020 2:15 PM  
An interesting article about the board's obligations:

https://www.ksnlaw.com/blog/positive-coronavirus-test-association-board-members-do/
PaulJ6
(New York)

03/16/2020 6:33 PM  
CathyA3, great link- thanks.

Thanks to this thread, my HOA is starting a “care team”: a few owners who will check on elderly neighbors.

How would you do that in your HOA: just email the HOA’s residents (we have a HOA-wide email group) to ask that names/addresses of potentially vulnerable people be submitted to the care team leader, and then team members just call or knock on doors? Team members could maybe just say, “just checking on you- wanted to make sure that everyone is doing OK”, and leave some prepackaged food such as dessert or something? It seems old-fashioned and intrusive, but I don’t know how else to do this. Thanks.
CathyA3
(Ohio)

03/17/2020 5:11 AM  
Posted By PaulJ6 on 03/16/2020 6:33 PM

Thanks to this thread, my HOA is starting a “care team”: a few owners who will check on elderly neighbors.

How would you do that in your HOA: just email the HOA’s residents (we have a HOA-wide email group) to ask that names/addresses of potentially vulnerable people be submitted to the care team leader, and then team members just call or knock on doors? Team members could maybe just say, “just checking on you- wanted to make sure that everyone is doing OK”, and leave some prepackaged food such as dessert or something? It seems old-fashioned and intrusive, but I don’t know how else to do this. Thanks.

Good question.

Right now we haven't even heard anything about tomorrow's scheduled annual meeting, and since the numbers will exceed our governor's latest instructions on the size of allowable gatherings, I expect that it will need to be postponed. Given the fact that our board president and many regular attendees are in the over-65 age group, I'm surprised that the board is not all over this.

We have a lot of dog owners in the community, they often walk their dogs together, and they seem to know everything that's going on with everybody - they function as an informal wellness check for the community. Nearly everyone has email and we also use email for emergency announcements and the like. The few truly elderly appear to have family in the area who are in regular contact. There are a few anti-social owners who would resent any kind of checking up, though, so we have to be careful about what we do or say.

JamieB3
(Ohio)

03/31/2020 9:20 PM  
Hi Cathy,
I hope all is staying healthy during this time. I too am from Ohio. I have seen a few of your comments and you really inspire me with your knowledge in the HOA department. My board just recently did away with the property management company and everyone (but the president) is new to how things work. I would like to be able to chat with you via email about some ways we should handle situations per Ohio r&r’s and bylaws if you have time. Please email at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.
MarshallT
(New York)

04/01/2020 6:11 AM  
A lot of boards have been using Zoom or other video conferencing tools to stay connected. Homeowners can use discussion forums and social media to stay in touch. If someone needs help or cannot get their own groceries, they can ask for assistance on one of these channels.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Anyone doing something about Coronavirus in their HOA?

Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement