Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Monday, March 30, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Get 1 free year community website and email newsletter hosting from Community123.com!
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: HOA Accounting Software
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
JoeB23
(Florida)

03/07/2020 4:46 AM  
I am on the Procurement Committee for an HOA with more than 1,900 homes. We are looking to replace our existing Financial Software that will track HOA payments, resident information, Account Receivables and Payables, and of course generate required financial reports. We would also like to use the software to communicate with residents via email and text. Any suggestions for a robust system that is currently used by your HOA will be appreciated.

BTW, the existing system is not conducive to HOAs. It was used by the former controller who brought it with him when he was hired and he adapted it to the HOA but it is very difficult to navigate and use.
SheliaH
(Indiana)

03/07/2020 2:02 PM  
The posting rules for this site don't all naming actual companies. You may have to Google His financial software and see what comes up. Look for vendors in your area and then start sending requests for proposals and go from there.

You could also consider hiring a bookkeeping company that will do this for you or even a property management company that will do all that and mire. Just be sure you do your due diligence by checking references and having your association attorney review the contract before it's signed.

And since we're talking financial information, it wouldn't hurt to ask how individual financial information will be protected from identity theft. Ditto on safeguards against misappropriation of funds.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/07/2020 2:30 PM  
It would seem with 1900 properties that you need a management company, but perhaps have been getting by with just an accountant?

A management company should have their own system, their own software and personnel trained to manage it.

A bit more information, please?
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/07/2020 3:40 PM  
Posted By SheliaH on 03/07/2020 2:02 PM
The posting rules for this site don't all naming actual companies. You may have to Google His financial software and see what comes up. Look for vendors in your area and then start sending requests for proposals and go from there.

You could also consider hiring a bookkeeping company that will do this for you or even a property management company that will do all that and mire. Just be sure you do your due diligence by checking references and having your association attorney review the contract before it's signed.

And since we're talking financial information, it wouldn't hurt to ask how individual financial information will be protected from identity theft. Ditto on safeguards against misappropriation of funds.

We allow people to say they use Quickbooks all the time. We also allow Microsoft and Word and Excel and Access to be mentioned as well.
MarkW18
(Florida)

03/07/2020 3:48 PM  
Joe

I am assuming that with 1900 homes you have your own employees running the association, and need to update to a software package that is HOA specific.

If you will email me at [email protected], I'll give you a couple that I feel will suit your purpose.
JoeB23
(Florida)

03/20/2020 3:46 PM  
MarkW18 Thank you for your reply. I will email you since you are the only one who understood my question.

For the rest of the replies, nothing was mentioned in my post about a management company. I did not ask about a management company so I don't know why any of you mentioned it.

Please respond to the question asked. If a posting wants your opinion on another matter, they would ask for it.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/20/2020 5:03 PM  
Joe,

Several mentioned it, because it is a reasonable question, given your circumstances.

Many of us answer questions from posters, and many of us find a need for more information.

Btw, if I want to ask a poster a question, I will do so.

I hope you are more pleasant in your interactions in your community.
GenoS
(Florida)

03/20/2020 5:52 PM  
Posted By JoeB23 on 03/20/2020 3:46 PM
MarkW18 Thank you for your reply. I will email you since you are the only one who understood my question.

For the rest of the replies, nothing was mentioned in my post about a management company. I did not ask about a management company so I don't know why any of you mentioned it.

Please respond to the question asked. If a posting wants your opinion on another matter, they would ask for it.

Aye, aye, sir!
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/20/2020 6:15 PM  
Sigh.

Perhaps it’s the current pandemic, but we do get some interesting posters.
GenoS
(Florida)

03/20/2020 10:35 PM  
I think more than a few people are more than a little wound up over the virus outbreak.

My county had 0 cases on Wednesday. Thursday morning the count went to 1. Thursday night it went to 2. Today it rose to 3. Meanwhile a relative of 2 of our homeowners flew into Orlando yesterday from New York, a hotspot for the virus. She was swimming in the pool today and a few of us were sitting on the clubhouse deck and watched her enter the pool without showering first (which is a Rule here even without any virus emergency). And a 3rd TSA agent in Orlando tested positive this morning.

Just have to take deep breaths and try not to get freaked out.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > HOA Accounting Software

Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement