Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Tuesday, September 29, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: HELP!!I CHALLENGED MY H.O.A elections WUT NEXT???
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 2:26 AM  
so in November 29th 2018 after 9yrs of running i finally won a board spot....now mind u iv been also challenging the previous elections....so after getting confirmation from the electioneer that i wn with 4 votes....so after a few days i go to the management office to obtain a board member packet or what ever u get when u get this position....after a going to the office it was closed so i waited till after Xmas break finally when i decide to go in the first week of January which was on a monday...so

Monday i go in only the assisted manager is there...
so i requested a few items: board member packet
list of current board members an email
and a copy of the membership list

just those 3 things....now mind u agin previous there has been no board meetings there having them over the phone with no proper notifications....so after the request the assist said she will ask the manager for this info...so she said come back the next day....

so i return on Tuesday....still no manager just assistant....so she proceeds to tell me the manger dont want to give me nothing and that the other bored members didn't want to have there email addresses....so i told the assist wtf this is odd....so the assist said come back next day....so i did...

so now Wednesday is here i get to the office an nobody is there so i come back later.....well i return later in afternoon and no go...office is closed....so i wait till Thursday.....

so Thursday roll around and agin no go...office not open...nobody responding to email or text or phone....so trust an believe im frustrated....so i wait till friday.....

well fridays here and i go to the office early and wut do u kno the manager is there....now as i walk in to sign in she is in there with 3 ppl....
the camera guy...
2 older women who was caught opening the ballots early
and the manager

now mind u i came in recording on my phone....but everyone remains still an quiet...
so i say hi i come in to conduct some business and the office has been closed...so she yells out from her deck THE OFFICE IS CLOSED!!! So i said when will it be open? she didnt respond....so i stood there fr a moment the said ok and i left....yes very erry situation....so as i left there were guys outside talkin to me about football well when i left i yelled to them COWBOYS!!! then i drove off....well later that day early afternoon i had to go get blood drawn....well while i was there i get a call from my daughter tellin me there are 7 police cars at my home and severed me a pink paper....so it had said i was 602ed from a property thinking to myself wtf did i do......

so later that evening i get home and i find out my HOA manager had get me banned from her HOA property where she live,work,office for our HOA, is at.....
so as im sittin there talkin about this i get 4 police cars that pull up....the LT says to me that he had to come and hear my side because the 602 she requested was odd and she said i had threatened her...but he knew if was BS because the video did show me doing nothing but standing in one place....she would not let him listen to adio which was super odd....now after the police leave i go see when the next meeting is which was january 17th of this month....so as days are passing i, trying to contact the other board member....but none were responding....now mind u this...

1ST..ONE BOARD MEMBER DOSNT LIVE IN OUR CITY AND IS NOT A HOME OWNER BUT A PROXY HOLDER FOR ANOTHER BOARD MEMBER....WHICH IS ILLEGAL PER DAVIS STERLING....

2ND IS A CITY EMPLOYEE BECAUSE THE CITY HAS BOUGHT ALOT I THERE SO NOW THEY SIT ON OUR BOARD...

3RD IS A GUY WHOS BEEN ON THE BOARD FOR 11YRS AND HAS NOT ATTENDED A MEETING AND IS CURRENTLY RUNNING EVEN THO HES ON ALREADY...

4TH GUY LEFT...

5TH GUY Do Not EXIST LOL HES A FAKE PERSON THE MANGER MADE UP...

SO no meeting happen in January so i had to wait till march...no meeting...i waited till may...nothing....i did a meet an confer they responded in april...then cancelled 2 times then had it in September....2 guys showed up and i haven't heard from them since lol....elections happen in November i submitted my candidate to run...and she didn't put me on the ballot...no reason why no nothing...so ive been reduced to nothing....no text no email response...no phone nothing of nothing an ive tried to reach out to but got nothing....I NEED HELP PLEASE...HOW DO I GET MY SPOT ON THE BOAED???HOW DO I FIGHT THIS?? if u need to kno more please feel free to ask...im open for any suggestions....thank u

MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/06/2020 4:14 AM  
I think you got a bit gung-ho. First I've never heard of a "Board member" package. Unless that is special to your specific HOA. Not sure why your even dealing with the MC directly. Your on the HOA board not theirs. The MC works for the HOA. So you need to take your issues up with your HOA directly. Which means doing your best to find those 5 people. Which I doubt is a made up person by the MC. It's probably a former HOA member whom they proabably used years ago to put some bills names in.

How did this election thing even happen? Are you Developer controlled? When are the meetings? Do you have a copy of your documents? CC&R's and Articles of Incorporation are PUBLIC documents. So should be able to find them.

Think your going to learn a few things about being a board member... It ain't easy...

Former HOA President
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

02/06/2020 5:45 AM  
Sounds kinda nutty.

Very difficult to read “texty” sort of writing.

To the OP - this situation is almost impossible to understand. Perhaps you could calmly restate what occurred, without the caps and accusations and inuendo?
MarkM19
(Texas)

02/06/2020 6:31 AM  
I agree with George here. Very confusing post.

You start out saying you have been trying to get elected for 9 years and finally happened. That is a record I bet and even beats HC who some thing is a little crazy as well.

Then up talk about it like it just happened till you mention that it has been going on for a year or more. You then mention that after your first year you run again for election. In Ca. All terms are for 2 years in HOAs so you should not have been on the ballot.

I am by no means Pro Manager all of the time. If they are Bad I am the first to tell them and say so publicly. In this case if they have been looking at you from across a table for 9 years as a homeowner and a frustrated owner and then suddenly you are on the board. They may have some reasons for concern.

It seems like you also came in Hot and Fast. Somebody has a problem and it may not be them. Your HOA seems a mess I think it may be more than you can handle at this point. Some things will drive you crazy if you let them.
AugustinD

02/06/2020 6:50 AM  
Here's some background:

(started March 17, 2019) https://www.hoatalk.com/Forum/tabid/55/view/topic/postid/260767/Default.aspx

(started March 18, 2019)
https://www.hoatalk.com/Forum/tabid/55/forumid/1/postid/260769/view/topic/Default.aspx

(started May 2019) https://www.hoatalk.com/Forum/tabid/55/forumid/1/postid/263897/view/topic/Default.aspx

RonS15 indicates:

-- it is a 236 unit condominium

-- the city took control of 90 of the units when "it was a bad area."

-- IDR was supposed to have happened in May, 2019

RonS15, what was the outcome of the IDR?

Is the condominium attorney involved at all in your exchanges with the board and management?

RonS15, you seem to have awareness of some laws that are being broken. But I agree with George that one of the problems here is how you communicate. I know people often become frustrated when others are not courteous (like apparently your condo's manager) and are not following the law and condominium governing documents. But to be as effective as possible, I think a person has to write in short, complete sentences. No capital letter words. No ellipses (that is, no "..."). No run-on sentences. No emoting. Believe me, the facts speak plenty loudly here without the emoting.

If the IDR did not work in May, make a list of violations, that you allege, of your condo's governing documents and the Davis-Stirling Act and post them here. Then I for one can maybe parse them and help you get another IDR. The IDR is required before you can do anything else.
BillH10
(Texas)

02/06/2020 7:43 AM  
Melissa, regarding Board Member Packages: We reside in a 105 home sub-association of a 9,000+ master association in North Texas.

Upon election or appointment to the board of either, the management company prepares a Board Member Binder which contains copies of all governing documents and amendments, current year budget, previous year EOY financial statement, current year meeting minutes and agendas, and tabs for future financial reports and miscellaneous documents.

We have served on the boards of two associations here, I served on one in northern California. All three have provided a binder of information to each new director.
MarkW18

02/06/2020 8:42 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 02/06/2020 4:14 AM
I think you got a bit gung-ho. First I've never heard of a "Board member" package. Unless that is special to your specific HOA. Not sure why your even dealing with the MC directly. Your on the HOA board not theirs. The MC works for the HOA. So you need to take your issues up with your HOA directly. Which means doing your best to find those 5 people. Which I doubt is a made up person by the MC. It's probably a former HOA member whom they proabably used years ago to put some bills names in.

How did this election thing even happen? Are you Developer controlled? When are the meetings? Do you have a copy of your documents? CC&R's and Articles of Incorporation are PUBLIC documents. So should be able to find them.

Think your going to learn a few things about being a board member... It ain't easy...

How in the heck can YOU comment when you have NEVER used a management company. Best to stay out of a conversation if you have NO first hand knowledge!
SheliaH
(Indiana)

02/06/2020 8:45 AM  
I posted my response on the second copy of this question - since everyone's posting here, I'll repeat what I said...

After 9 years of running for a spot, it would seem to me you would have already known what happens after the election – did you go back to this “electioneer” and ask what happens next, who to contact, is there a board member’s packet, etc.? Have you asked any of your neighbors if they know anything? Were you there when the election took place? If so, did you talk to the people who were there?

I don’t know why, but I get the feeling you weren’t elected at all – either someone’s pulling a fast one (which isn’t appropriate at all) or there’s a massive communication breakdown on several fronts, including you. Write to the property manager, with a copy to the board, asking for the results of the last election – names of candidates, total number of people casting votes and a breakdown of how many votes went to each candidate. If you don’t get a response from the property manager, you’ll have to go to the people you know are board members (even if you don’t think they should be there).

You’ll have to get documentation of whatever happened in November before you can file a formal complaint or go to an attorney. To be blunt, if you’ve run for 9 years without success, it may be people simply won’t vote for you for whatever reason (and that’s their right).
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/06/2020 3:26 PM  
Mark until a MC is an actual HOA member, they are always going to be a contractor to the HOA. They are a HIRED contractor. Stop acting like the MC IS the HOA. They are NOT. Get over your past of being the bestest ever MC that ever existed on earth.

Former HOA President
MarkW18

02/06/2020 5:00 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 02/06/2020 3:26 PM
Mark until a MC is an actual HOA member, they are always going to be a contractor to the HOA. They are a HIRED contractor. Stop acting like the MC IS the HOA. They are NOT. Get over your past of being the bestest ever MC that ever existed on earth.

Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah....

You should also get over the fact you really were a HOA President.
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 5:29 PM  
ok so im not the best in articulating my situation lol...
but what im going through is real...

the manger first sends out notification of the annual elections, and how many spots are open,and the document for home owners who want to run and the election rules...

next after about a month another paper comes in stating who running and why they want to run...
and any other matter to vote on....

also in this packet is the ballot an envelopes needed to submit ur vote....thats how elections start....

next its not developer controlled....its individually owned...

the meetings are held every other month....supposedly....

i have all my documents and know them by heart...i also have a lot of Davis sterling things that back up what im trying to fight....

and i know everything about being a board member please understand that.....

NEXT QUESTION PLEASE.....
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 5:30 PM  
sounds nutty ....is nutty ....and rel....thats why i need help
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 5:33 PM  
my bad for not explaining it slowly enough....yes it will drive u crazy but my community needs a leader and im trying to be that......
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 6:10 PM  
those ate some things....u missed a whole lot lol....

yes he was only in situations with assessments..but thats a WHOLE OTHER STOrY....
but in this situation ...no he not involved....but he has full knowledge of it...

and Austin im sorry if my broken English is bothersome to u....ill try harder to talk slow...

ive had 2 IDRs....this last one i got no response and its been 10 months since....i layed out multiple things but no nothing....no email...no zero....and no meetings are happening....its alot..and thats why im reaching out for help
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 6:12 PM  
Facts...Facts...what she did to me after was the worse...
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 6:17 PM  
facts....
AugustinD

02/06/2020 6:28 PM  
Posted By RonS15 on 02/06/2020 6:10 PM
ive had 2 IDRs....this last one i got no response and its been 10 months since....i layed out multiple things but no nothing....no email...no zero....and no meetings are happening
Does your HOA have an IDR procedure? If so, did it comply with it? If not, did the HOA comply with Civil Code 5915(b). See https://www.davis-stirling.com/HOME/Internal-Dispute-Resolution.
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 6:40 PM  
sheliah ur right ive do know and i have talked to the the electioneer and she instantly told me to sue....i will try wut ur sayin...i did get elected even the electioneer said it, she thought i was a board member....its this the crap ive been going through....i need help
BillH10
(Texas)

02/06/2020 6:44 PM  
It would really help many of us reading your posts if you would post in whole English words, phrases, and sentence, and not like you are texting someone.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

02/06/2020 6:51 PM  
This is just too jumbled .... Ron needs to work to be logical with this thread, break this into pieces based on each issue.

Hopefully, this is not how he presents to the Board, members and management.
MarkW18

02/06/2020 8:56 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 02/06/2020 6:51 PM
This is just too jumbled .... Ron needs to work to be logical with this thread, break this into pieces based on each issue.

Hopefully, this is not how he presents to the Board, members and management.

Go to bed, Georgie, we're handle it from here.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/06/2020 9:10 PM  
I am very confused. Electioneer? No meetings but to be held every other month? Where and when? I do not think you know what being a board member realy means in practice. If so, then you would not be having the issues your having. Which sounds like no other board member talks to you.

Former HOA President
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 9:46 PM  
yes i did this 2 times...i also gave them copies of it....no comply no responce....no they did not comply with the civl code 5915(b)....at all....nothing
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 9:48 PM  
no this isnt how i presented it lol funny guy....im struggling with certin parts
RonS15
(California)

02/06/2020 10:42 PM  
yes electioneer she has done 3 of our elections....

yes meeting every other month per request of the manager....

they HAVE NOT been holding meetings at a physical location only on the phone.....

where an when what??

i fully know what being a board member is about all aspects of it....so watch ur mouth sir...

im having this issue because there hiding something...i scare them lol which is funny because ive done nothing but uncover the dirt....
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/07/2020 4:22 AM  
Okay so if you truly understand what it is to be a board member, then you know you are now one of them your accusing of doing wrong. Yeah. Your now on the board who is responsible for all the wrong doings you are accusing the HOA of. So your no longer on that other side of the table. Your at the table. So you have to LISTEN to others complaining about how you and your fellow board members do business.

You really do not know anything about being a board member if you don't get that... I was President for 3 years. I assure you no one knows fully how to be a board member. If they did, would this website exist?

Former HOA President
AugustinD

02/07/2020 6:12 AM  
Posted By RonS15 on 02/06/2020 9:46 PM
yes i did this 2 times...i also gave them copies of it....no comply no responce....no they did not comply with the civl code 5915(b)....at all....nothing
Please quote exactly what your HOA's IDR procedure says.
GenoS
(Florida)

02/08/2020 1:04 PM  
Posted By RonS15 on 02/06/2020 2:26 AM
... mind u iv been... thank u

I can't read this. Is there an English-to-English dictionary somewhere I can use to turn text-speak into understandable sentences?
RonS15
(California)

02/08/2020 4:33 PM  
MELISSAP1....MELISSAP1...THANK U

see its ppl like yourself who think u know the ppl...
u have smashed my post from the beginning with very little understanding...
i promise u if i was a board member i wouldn't be on here asking for specific help... but its (u think ur better then everyone attitude) ppl like yourself who i fight aginst....see i stand with the ppl and truly for the ppl...meaning home owners...my HOA beast interest....making sure our owners are happy and paying there dues on time..ect

so tell me why are u here?????
RonS15
(California)

02/08/2020 4:38 PM  
ok i can do that.....

Attachment: 128381427971.pdf

RonS15
(California)

02/08/2020 4:40 PM  
Posted By GenoS on 02/08/2020 1:04 PM
Posted By RonS15 on 02/06/2020 2:26 AM
... mind u iv been... thank u

I can't read this. Is there an English-to-English dictionary somewhere I can use to turn text-speak into understandable sentences?

hey sir,mr,person,human...are u here to help?? or be funny??....thank u
RonS15
(California)

02/08/2020 4:41 PM  
Posted By AugustinD on 02/07/2020 6:12 AM
Posted By RonS15 on 02/06/2020 9:46 PM
Please quote exactly what your HOA's IDR procedure says.

yes sir i can....

Attachment: 128411772254.pdf

MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/08/2020 7:54 PM  
The board is NOT for making sure to collect dues. There is so much more to it beyond that. That is just a small portion of what a HOA does.

I can no longer respond. It's that I am just beaster than you and everyone. Glad you can fight me and win. I feel like met a real competitor. Hope you have fun at church tomorrow... You can hear more about how Jesus's struggles are just like yours.

Former HOA President
AugustinD

02/09/2020 8:22 AM  
RonS15, per the IDR procedure you posted here, I recommend you write up a draft resolution of your disputes with the HOA. Then send a letter to the HOA management, with the draft resolution attached, stating the following:

-------------------
Dear HOA Board,

Pursuant to California Civil Code sections 5910 through 5920 inclusive, the HOA and I met on _____ for IDR. I attach a proposed resolution of our disputes. If this proposed resolution is acceptable to you, please sign and return it. I will then sign and return a copy of this resolution to you.

Please provide me with your response by March 1, 2020.

Thank you,

Ron ____
Member, ____ HOA
[Address]
-------------------

After March 1 passes, please post back here with the HOA's response (or non-response).
RonS15
(California)

02/10/2020 11:16 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 02/08/2020 7:54 PM
The board is NOT for making sure to collect dues. There is so much more to it beyond that. That is just a small portion of what a HOA does.

I can no longer respond. It's that I am just beaster than you and everyone. Glad you can fight me and win. I feel like met a real competitor. Hope you have fun at church tomorrow... You can hear more about how Jesus's struggles are just like yours.

melissap1....who told u being smart,stupiD,dumb and ignorant was cute LOL!!!!
jesus was my cousin lololol!!!!
RonS15
(California)

02/10/2020 11:21 PM  
Posted By AugustinD on 02/09/2020 8:22 AM
RonS15, per the IDR procedure you posted here, I recommend you write up a draft resolution of your disputes with the HOA. Then send a letter to the HOA management, with the draft resolution attached, stating the following:

-------------------
Dear HOA Board,

Pursuant to California Civil Code sections 5910 through 5920 inclusive, the HOA and I met on _____ for IDR. I attach a proposed resolution of our disputes. If this proposed resolution is acceptable to you, please sign and return it. I will then sign and return a copy of this resolution to you.

Please provide me with your response by March 1, 2020.

Thank you,

Ron ____
Member, ____ HOA
[Address]
-------------------

After March 1 passes, please post back here with the HOA's response (or non-response).

augustinD....thank u very much i will do this asap and get back to u on that date....i swear this is all i was asking for was a solution to my current situation to push them into responding....its been an extreme journey and im ready to get them out....thank u for this
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

02/11/2020 5:22 AM  
Fake post.

Move on.
RonS15
(California)

02/11/2020 4:37 PM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 02/11/2020 5:22 AM
Fake post.

Move on.

your fake and a hater....idk what the F your problem is but go F with other ppl or i will report your stupid [email protected]@....stfo my post stay off my stuff....sir
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

02/11/2020 8:39 PM  
Childish nonsense.

A real nutcase.

Move on.
RonS15
(California)

02/20/2020 10:19 AM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 02/11/2020 8:39 PM
Childish nonsense.

A real nutcase.

Move on.

HEY BOYGEORGEIE LOL....GO F YOURSELF THANKS LOL
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > HELP!!I CHALLENGED MY H.O.A elections WUT NEXT???

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement