Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Wednesday, February 26, 2020

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Get 1 free year community website and email newsletter hosting from Community123.com!
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: how tio seperate a Benefitted parcel from the HOA
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
CraigS7
(Arizona)

10/14/2019 11:57 AM  
I live in an HOA and we are a development within the HOA boundaries. It is called a Benefitted parcel, can the development handle it's own budgets and maintenance separate from the mother HOA. We pay two separate dues, one for the moths HOA and one for our benefitted parcel the development.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

10/14/2019 2:34 PM  
Craig

The HOA's within a Master HOA that I know of might be different. The owners in an individual HOA paid into it and then the individual paid some into the Master. The Master did provide some amenities that all HOA owners could use. Some of the individual HOA's had their own amenities for their use only. Some of the HOA's has more services than some others. Dues were not the same from HOA to HOA.

Each HOA had their own Elected BOD and the President of each individual HOA was on the BOD of the Master.

About all I know.
KerryL1
(California)

10/14/2019 3:08 PM  
So your benefitted parcel, Craig, as a lot of homes on it? And they get certain benefits that the other homes is the larger HOA do not get?

Is there just one board of directors? Does the larger HOA's board membership include owners from your "parcel?" Your CC&Rs (covenants, declaration) should discuss who gets to make decisions about your parcel and how much extra owners in your parcel each must pay per/mo. or year.

John explained the master association method pretty well, I think, but I don't know anything about them.

Our HOA has two "special benefit areas" that both contribute to the HOA's operations budget and reserves, and pay extra for benefits they have that not all owners have including their own reserves accounts. How this works all is in our CC&Rs.
CraigS7
(Arizona)

10/15/2019 8:22 AM  
TY for the reply,

We are a 1 yr new development of 61 homes within the boundaries of a 20 year old parent development HOA. Within this parent HOA are six mini developments "benefitted parcels". There are two yearly assessments each mini developments "benefitted parcel" pay, 0ne is via individual homesite yearly, this makes up the necessary funds to manage the mini development. The second an additional HOA assessment to manage the Parent HOA.

Currently we are fully managed by the parent HOA BOD and Property Management, and here in lies my question. I have read each Mini "Benefitted Parcel" can have it's own BOD. This BOD can govern ALL issues related to the mini development.
In this is my question, how do we stake out our independent BOD.

KerryL1
(California)

10/15/2019 8:42 AM  
Craig wrote: "I have read each Mini "Benefitted Parcel" can have it's own BOD." If you did not read this in your own governing documents, I don't think you can rely on that statement.

Members of your Benefitted Parcel might want to chip in to get an hour or two of advice form an HOA attorney about what your options are, if any, to have your own board, etc.

KerryL1
(California)

10/15/2019 8:42 AM  
Craig wrote: "I have read each Mini "Benefitted Parcel" can have it's own BOD." If you did not read this in your own governing documents, I don't think you can rely on that statement.

Members of your Benefitted Parcel might want to chip in to get an hour or two of advice form an HOA attorney about what your options are, if any, to have your own board, etc.

Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > how tio seperate a Benefitted parcel from the HOA

Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement