Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Monday, November 29, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Give me your opinions please
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
DawnB
(West Virginia)

02/08/2006 7:28 AM  
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:15 pm Post subject: Urgent message from the President

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Homeowner,

If you receive a phone call from anyone identifying them self’s as a Board of Director or a member of the Homeowners Association. And they do not give you the following information 1. Name 2. Position held on the Board of Directors 3. Call back phone number. They are not members of the Board of Directors. All Board members identify them self’s with Name, position and always give a call back number.

The Board of Directors never calls contractors working for private residence. If there is an issue of Architectural or Covenant and Restriction violation The Board of Directors deal’s directly with the Homeowner.

If you feel you have received on of the phone calls I ask you to contact me directly. If you receive one of these phone calls or message in the future on your answering machine. I ask you to do the following.

1. Note the time, date and the phone number you receive the call from. Take the name and number from your caller ID.

2.Note if it’s male or female.

3.If they leave a voice message do not erase the message. Save it and contact me directly.

This is a serious issue some homeowners have received phone calls from individuals identifying them self’s as members of the Homeowners Association leading the homeowner to believe there a member of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors never contacts homeowners in violation via telephone. All notices or sent via mail on official Homeowners Association letter head. Then followed up with a home visit.

Thank you in advance for you assistance with this matter.

" There is no darkness but ignorance. Lighten our darkness, we beseech Thee, and defend us from all perils and dangers of this night."
RogerB
(Colorado)

02/08/2006 9:51 AM  
DawnB, why doesn't your association have a competent managing Agent? One is needed with a President who communicates so poorly, has the problems discussed in your other posts, and has 370 homes.

IMHO this letter is very poorly written. I guess the President is trying to alert the owners to a problem with an unauthorized member calling and upsetting certain owners by telling them they are in violation of the Covenants. And further he wants to advise owners on the procedures used by the association regarding violations. I think that's about it; except, from the tone he may also think we are stupid.

Perhaps the Board members are too busy functioning as the architectural committee rather than managing better.

RogerB
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Give me your opinions please

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement