Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Monday, October 18, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: How to Disband Your HOA
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Page 8 of 8 << < 12345678
Author Messages
AminB

09/02/2013 1:10 PM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 12:52 PM
Well mental stability aside, IMHO this person is violating the forum rules with their baseless accusations and libelous conduct against any and all volunteer Board members. It is one thing to be critical. It is another thing entirely to twist people's words and falsely accuse every single Board member on this forum of criminal acts without any evidence whatsoever. And then have the audacity to proclaim they are a moral person. That isn't moral. It is deceptive and dishonest.

I honestly do not understand why this person hasn't banned from the forums already.

hey you shyster how come you don't tell people what the nature of the threat made against you by your own member homeowner?
How come you don't tell anybody why in another instance you had to call Sheriff at a homeowner meeting and evicting people?
GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 1:14 PM  
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 1:10 PM
Well mental stability aside, IMHO this person is violating the forum rules with their baseless accusations and libelous conduct against any and all volunteer Board members. It is one thing to be critical. It is another thing entirely to twist people's words and falsely accuse every single Board member on this forum of criminal acts without any evidence whatsoever. And then have the audacity to proclaim they are a moral person. That isn't moral. It is deceptive and dishonest.

I honestly do not understand why this person hasn't banned from the forums already.

hey you shyster how come you don't tell people what the nature of the threat made against you by your own member homeowner?
How come you don't tell anybody why in another instance you had to call Sheriff at a homeowner meeting and evicting people?

The reasons why have already been covered.
AminB

09/02/2013 1:26 PM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 1:14 PM

Direct me exactly where. It would help you even copy and paste it here.
It must have passed me by since you could have given this answer ago when I first asked.
GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 1:42 PM  
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 1:26 PM

It must have passed me by since you could have given this answer ago when I first asked.

Do your own digging on this forum. Use the search function. I'm not your personal errand boy.
AminB

09/02/2013 1:45 PM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 1:42 PM
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 1:26 PM

Do your own digging on this forum. Use the search function. I'm not your personal errand boy.

I won't , you little dictator because I know there isn't any. I was exposing your deceit, you little shyster.
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 1:58 PM  
Amin why won't you answer???? Why have you put off going to see the documents???? What are you really afraid of???? That there is proof of wrong doing or that there really isn't?????

Try and pick fights to obfuscate your cowardice all you want but I'm going to keep your feet to the fire on why you put up such a cry claiming you were denied records when you admitted you could see them but were to afraid to? Maybe you have PTPC - POST TRAUMATIC PAPER CUTS

Studies show that 5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions
AminB

09/02/2013 2:02 PM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/02/2013 1:58 PM
Amin why won't you answer???? Why have you put off going to see the documents???? What are you really afraid of???? That there is proof of wrong doing or that there really isn't?????

Try and pick fights to obfuscate your cowardice all you want but I'm going to keep your feet to the fire on why you put up such a cry claiming you were denied records when you admitted you could see them but were to afraid to? Maybe you have PTPC - POST TRAUMATIC PAPER CUTS

Oh its good give that shyster buddy some time to think it over and come up with new dodge.
As for you , cut down on drinking. Its erasing your memory.
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 2:35 PM  
Amin you must be a politician the way you duck answering questions.

GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 2:35 PM  

AminB

09/02/2013 2:37 PM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/02/2013 2:35 PM

Why don't you recall my answer? Drinking too much?
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/02/2013 3:12 PM  
Why won't Amin go see his HOA's documents??? Good question Glen... Let's all ask it again... Why don't you go see the HOA's documents??? Answer the question... You have no more valid excuses or reasons. Your board being crooked isn't an excuse it's a reason to go see the documents or your lawyer.... I'd suggest one or the other because hiding behind us isn't going to work... We told you the answer over and over and over again...

Former HOA President
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/02/2013 3:21 PM  
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 2:37 PM

Oh that's right! You're AFRAID to go see them because someone in the MC's office might give you the STINK EYE. Brawkk Brawkk Brawkk Brawkk the sound Amin makes as he runs away from paper, just like a squawking chicken.

MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/02/2013 3:28 PM  
Remember the PM opened the sealed letter for the insurance request... Considering the letter was addressed to the PM and ONLY the ADDRESSEE of a letter per FEDERAL law says they are the only ones legally allowed to open it, it just all the reason to be so suspicious and trustworthy about their entire HOA. I mean imaging the PM following the actual FEDERAL law and opening up a letter addressed to them even though AMIN requested it. It is a HOA documents which the law says goes to the HOA. A document also still available for review. Oh let us not forget that he/she must have seen it as they knew the letter/envelop was open. So they must be lying to us about not even seeing these documents in the first place... They knew about the amount of the check as well... Someone here is lying and hiding the truth don't you think??? It does not sound like the HOA...

Former HOA President
AminB

09/02/2013 6:13 PM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/02/2013 3:21 PM
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 2:37 PM

Oh that's right! You're AFRAID to go see them because someone in the MC's office might give you the STINK EYE. Brawkk Brawkk Brawkk Brawkk the sound Amin makes as he runs away from paper, just like a squawking chicken.

it must be either the drinking or trying to keep your bogus thread on top, isnt it?
AminB

09/02/2013 6:16 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/02/2013 3:28 PM
Remember the PM opened the sealed letter for the insurance request... Considering the letter was addressed to the PM and ONLY the ADDRESSEE of a letter per FEDERAL law says they are the only ones legally allowed to open it, it just all the reason to be so suspicious and trustworthy about their entire HOA. I mean imaging the PM following the actual FEDERAL law and opening up a letter addressed to them even though AMIN requested it. It is a HOA documents which the law says goes to the HOA. A document also still available for review. Oh let us not forget that he/she must have seen it as they knew the letter/envelop was open. So they must be lying to us about not even seeing these documents in the first place... They knew about the amount of the check as well... Someone here is lying and hiding the truth don't you think??? It does not sound like the HOA...

I know as a boad member you were offered potato salad, but were you oferred hotdog? If so what was the biggest one you were oferred?
AminB

09/02/2013 6:19 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/02/2013 3:28 PM

Did you try different positions at the board with your con buddy or you were happy and enjoying just one position? Would have been kind of boring for you, wouldn't it be?
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/02/2013 6:21 PM  
Proof again your a liar and guilty of all the things you accuse others of doing and being...

Why do you not go see your documents? Answer the question...

Former HOA President
AminB

09/02/2013 6:27 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/02/2013 6:21 PM
Proof again your a liar and guilty of all the things you accuse others of doing and being...

Why do you not go see your documents? Answer the question...

Its been answered many time, see my answer to that shyster Glen. Now you tell me what positions did you try with your con buddy at the board level siting at the table?
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/02/2013 6:35 PM  
Again why have you not gone and seen your documents? See how that works? Sure you do... Hire your lawyer prove your case already. Your CPA should be on speed dial. Do something or keep doing nothing... Your not being good at either...

Former HOA President
AminB

09/02/2013 6:39 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/02/2013 6:35 PM
Again why have you not gone and seen your documents? See how that works? Sure you do... Hire your lawyer prove your case already. Your CPA should be on speed dial. Do something or keep doing nothing... Your not being good at either...

I appreciate the concern,but you still haven't told me what different positions you held. Where you always on top of things or did you just enjoy being told what to do?
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/02/2013 7:03 PM  
Why have you not gone to see your documents? Or had your CPA do it? Again your excuses hold no rationality to it. You avoid the question and the answers. Changing the subject and using insults does not excuse you from seeing your documents in YOUR HOA.

Next time you post I and everyone expects a quote from them or proof you even know what an Article of Incorporation is and where to get it. I would consider telling us what a CC&R and where to find it an answer...

Former HOA President
AminB

09/02/2013 7:32 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/02/2013 7:03 PM
Why have you not gone to see your documents? Or had your CPA do it? Again your excuses hold no rationality to it. You avoid the question and the answers. Changing the subject and using insults does not excuse you from seeing your documents in YOUR HOA.

Next time you post I and everyone expects a quote from them or proof you even know what an Article of Incorporation is and where to get it. I would consider telling us what a CC&R and where to find it an answer...

Why would you interpret these as insults? No no, these are questions as yours are questions. Here is another one: when at board meetings , the time went over and you wanted to order pizza, did you order it with many toppings or just one huge topping standing up looking at you?
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/02/2013 7:40 PM  
Quote a line from a CC&R or an Article of Incorporation... Where do you get them? What do they say?

Former HOA President
AminB

09/02/2013 7:46 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/02/2013 7:40 PM
Quote a line from a CC&R or an Article of Incorporation... Where do you get them? What do they say?

ok here is another question: if you ordered pizza did you order big sausage pizza?
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/02/2013 8:09 PM  
You actually changed your question! No longer looking for HOA answers to your question so we are done... Nice job changing the subject and now we can all move on since you no longer have a relevant HOA questions to ask us. Good bye!

Former HOA President
AminB

09/02/2013 8:13 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 09/02/2013 8:09 PM
You actually changed your question! No longer looking for HOA answers to your question so we are done... Nice job changing the subject and now we can all move on since you no longer have a relevant HOA questions to ask us. Good bye!

No no thats only to you, since you keep ignoring that I have said I have answered it before. With you I have another question: As aboard member did you bend over backwards to perform your duties?
GnomeX
(Washington)

09/02/2013 8:27 PM  

Fitting tune...

AminB

09/03/2013 5:59 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/02/2013 8:27 PM

Fitting tune...

Still can't answer it you shyster eh?
What was the nature of the threat made against you by the homeowner in your community?

How about the one you had to resort to your sheriff to get rid of?

Did you rip them off and thats why they threatened you? How many more are there that have a beef against you?
JonD1

09/03/2013 6:22 AM  
15 pages of wasted time...........................
ValerieS2
(Michigan)

09/04/2013 10:37 AM  
Posted By JonD1 on 09/03/2013 6:22 AM

Amen to that. But the ones who engage him/her are just as bad!
GnomeX
(Washington)

09/04/2013 10:42 AM  
Posted By ValerieS2 on 09/04/2013 10:37 AM

It's like picking a scab... Sometimes you just catch yourself doing it...
AminB

09/04/2013 10:47 AM  
Posted By GnomeX on 09/04/2013 10:42 AM

It's like picking a scab... Sometimes you just catch yourself doing it...

hey shyster, why aren't you answering who and why you were threatened?
While you're at it, why don't you say why you had to call the sheriff on another homeowner.

My guess: you ripped them off. Thats what board members usually do when nobody is watching and then they have to hide behind sheriff.
AminB

09/04/2013 10:53 AM  

hey psycho , you finally said something sane. What happened? You finally took your medications as I had suggested earlier?
Yes but its now 16 pages of wasted time. All I've got is psychos, cheats , fraudsters and rip-off artists, masquerading as respectable people. I my opinion, they are unemployable otherwise. So now they make a living off doctoring documents, getting kickbacks and wait for the big bonus which is a a natural disaster to submit phony insurance claims when insurance companies don't pay close attention.
AminB

09/04/2013 10:55 AM  

I believe it. The garbage the known characters who "dispense" advice to non-suspecting homeowners like me,
put here, is amazing. Anything to re-direct poking into financial documents of an HOA.Its like they are the wolf pack here.
GlenL
(Ohio)

09/04/2013 2:32 PM  
Posted By AminB on 09/02/2013 6:13 PM
it must be either the drinking or trying to keep your bogus thread on top, isnt it?

But Amin you're the one keeping it alive, you must realize the value of the original information.

Posted By AminB on 09/04/2013 10:55 AM

I believe it. The garbage the known characters who "dispense" advice to non-suspecting homeowners like me,
put here, is amazing. Anything to re-direct poking into financial documents of an HOA.Its like they are the wolf pack here.

We've already established that it is a Homeowners right to see financial documents. We've also established that you are too much of a coward to actually have the stones to make an appointment and go see yours.

GlenL
(Ohio)

09/04/2013 2:37 PM  
Original post before Amin began his fecless ramblings and rants:
Posted By GlenL on 07/26/2013 6:09 PM
According to some posters HOA's are evil incarnate, run by megalomaniac Board Members who want to fine you into poverty and then foreclose and take your property. So why not disband your HOA? Most CC&R's have a mechanism by which they can be dissolved, follow it, cross all of the t's and dot all of the i's and voila, no more HOA. All you have to do (in most cases, check your CC&R's and State laws) is get your fellow homeowners to agree to disband and vote on it, which usually but not always requires 100% affirmative votes.

Next you need to dispose of any common areas such as the plots the entrance marker and storm water retention pond(s) inhabit. If you ask your local taxing authority, I'm sure they would be happy to take over the maintenance for them but they may make your home part of a "Special Taxing District" to pay for it. For HOA's that have pools and other amenities, perhaps you could sell them to someone who would open them up to the public.

After you get over that hurdle, you will need to distribute any HOA funds, after all the bills are paid and dissolve the HOA corporation with the state. Of course you would still have the deed restrictions which your neighbors could take you to court to enforce so you'll probably want to dissolve them too. You can do a simple internet search to find out how.

Oh I almost forgot, you probably will need the approval of your mortgage holder too, when they wrote the mortgage it was with the understanding that certain conditions would be met, which if the HOA were dissolved, would no longer exist, so you would be modifying the contract.

I am not an attorney nor do I work in the legal field, this is simply my lay understanding on how easy it is to dissolve an HOA, shouldn't take more than a decade or two. The above advice does not apply to condo's, townhomes or co-op's.

New information that came out in all the brouhaha: It might actually be possible to form a new non-profit to maintain amenities although it is unclear on how you would force homeowners to support it.

AminB

09/05/2013 7:14 AM  
Posted By GlenL on 09/04/2013 2:32 PM

But Amin you're the one keeping it alive, you must realize the value of the original information.

We've already established that it is a Homeowners right to see financial documents. We've also established that you are too much of a coward to actually have the stones to make an appointment and go see yours.

I think its becoming all clear. You are a pathetic guy who likes to keep this phony thread going. I think you kinda miss that being on top don't you, since I hadn't posted anything and then all of a sudden this BS comes around asking the same question I have answered before numerous times. Just don't have anything new, do you?
You're just an insincere, dishonest guy putting a phony thread trying to dissuade people by using scare tactics to keep their "valuable" HOA alive using hyperbole that should have no place in a "how to". Yes it is a supposed "how to" but with garbage like sell your common pools and get sued by your neighbor or worse it could take 20 years or so to do it, you have made it "why you shouldn't". Valuable public service you did!
But since you want it, I'll help you keep this BS thread going. After all a homeowner or a group of them might take your hyperbole or other garbage you put here as fact and get discouraged to get rid of their HOA which is probably the biggest money maker for guys like you . They might actually believe the bigger garbage and think HOAs are a necessary evil, which is an adage propagated by guys like you. I definitely can't let them think that.
AminB

09/05/2013 7:15 AM  
Posted By AminB on 09/05/2013 7:14 AM
Posted By GlenL on 09/04/2013 2:32 PM

I think its becoming all clear. You are a pathetic guy who likes to keep this phony thread going. I think you kinda miss that being on top don't you, since I hadn't posted anything and then all of a sudden this BS comes around asking the same question I have answered before numerous times. Just don't have anything new, do you?
You're just an insincere, dishonest guy putting a phony thread trying to dissuade people by using scare tactics to keep their "valuable" HOA alive using hyperbole that should have no place in a "how to". Yes it is a supposed "how to" but with garbage like sell your common pools and get sued by your neighbor or worse it could take 20 years or so to do it, you have made it "why you shouldn't". Valuable public service you did!
But since you want it, I'll help you keep this BS thread going. After all a homeowner or a group of them might take your hyperbole or other garbage you put here as fact and get discouraged to get rid of their HOA which is probably the biggest money maker for guys like you . They might actually believe the bigger garbage and think HOAs are a necessary evil, which is an adage propagated by guys like you. I definitely can't let them think that.

Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Page 8 of 8 << < 12345678
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > How to Disband Your HOA

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement