Get 1 year of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Monday, October 18, 2021

HOATalk is a free service of Community123.com:

Easy to use website tools to help your board
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: HOA President gone overboard
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
JulieR2

05/24/2011 7:11 AM  
The judge ordered that all our fines paid be reinbursed, my father owns the unit and told the judge that 200 dollars of the fines he had given to me, to give to the man, but it was actually his money, the judge ordered that he pay the total amount to my father. When the 30 days was up and he did not appeal he sent two checks one in my ex boyfriends name, since he answered the door and handed it to him, and one check in my fathers name, he new my ex is not around and we would not be able to cash it. So we voided out the checks and went to the court and got a writ and took that to the sheriff's departmnet, since now we knew the account numbers ( they were on the checks) all we had to do was pay the sheriff to serve the account with the writ and it is taken right out of the account, including the additional fees to pay the sheriffs.

Once he finds out the money was taken out of the account and the checks voided he is going to hit the roof. Like he said he will have us right back in for violation hearings and issue us more fines. But I think the biggest mistake this ma has ever made was to put in writing that if we were to cash the checks he would violate us and issue more fines, How stupid was that, when he does we will take him right back to court and show the judge his nice little letter, and I am sure the judge will not be to happy weith him once he reads it.

There was a board meeting last night, many of us attended. It was all bad, not even in open forum were we really allowed to speak. When we got a word in edgewise, and asked a question, he told us he was not required to answer any questions, we could ask all we want but he would not be answering even if the question was on the agenda. He announced a new comittee, something none of us knew anything about, "An Enforcement Committee" of course he is on it. Himself and his bestfriend were the only two board members present and apparently one was on the phone.After the meeting we reminded him that he was a volunteer and worked on the board on behalf of the association, and he responded he does not work for trash.

Once again he has changed the front gate code, the third time this month, meaning at the moment I am unable to drive in or even let my guests in.

It's crazy but this man is trying to make this a concentration camp, and he is head of it.
JanetB2
(Colorado)

05/24/2011 9:04 AM  
Well ... now the Association accountant can be called as a witness in the future. Your group needs to go through the steps to eliminate him and when he does not step down after all proper procedures followed take it to court. Pass the hat around or everyone agree to split everything evenly.
RobW
(California)

05/24/2011 9:10 AM  
Julie,

I tried to point you to the Davis-Stirling site, which is the Bible for HOAs in California. If you don't fully understand the California statutes and corporation law pertaining to your situation, take up a collection and have an expert HOA attorney consult with the sane homeowners about what your options are. Contact ECHO at www.echo-ca.org to find an HOA attorney, or you can fill out the inquiry form at www.davis-stirling.com.

Before you do, you will want to have the answers to these two questions. Do you have a copy of your bylaws?

1) According to your bylaws, how many board members constitute a quorum at a board meeting?

2) According to your bylaws, how many Association members constitute a quorum at a meeting of the members?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's time for you to stop coming to us with these stories, and to take legal action to regain control of your community, which you and the rest of the homeowners have apparently given over to a nut case. We've done all we can to steer you in the right direction.

Rob

JulieR2

05/24/2011 9:26 AM  
Thank You for all your help, I will post no more stories.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > HOA President gone overboard

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement