Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Friday, October 18, 2019
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Violation Letter
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
ShellyN
(Washington)

08/16/2006 2:12 PM  
Does anyone have a good violation letter to send out to residents who are in violation of a CC&R?
VinceM
(Florida)

08/16/2006 4:29 PM  
what is the violation ? look up that first in the ccr's then state which atricle was broken state that in your letter it's not a hard thing i do like to first meet with the person and explain the rules , you can tell after the meeting just what to expect ... then if needed a letter or friendly phone call, after that it's off to the attorney we go . that gets there attention i hope this helps some way .........remember after all is done and said you too have to live around these folks so be firm yet reasonable it works 99% for me yet they know that the rules are in fact there to protect them also ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
BrianB
(California)

08/16/2006 5:27 PM  
I do mine this way:
first paragraph: mention the exact issue, and copy the exact wording of the violation from the codes. stick to facts.

second paragraph, tell the owner exactly what they can do to get back in compliance (move the boat, pay their dues, mow their lawn, park their car, license their pet, etc.) and a deadline (by when). Also, inform them in this paragraph what the results will be if they do not comply (further action will be taken, fines will be levied, two guys named Ernie will be breaking kneecaps, etc.).

Offer them assistance of the board: "Please let the board know if you have any difficulties in complying" "contact the board to work out a repayment plan" and/or offer possible solutions "Other neighbors have also had boat storage issues, and they could provide you with the names of reputable boat storage yards in the area".

Thank them, and close.

If you want to add more, another paragraph around 1 or 2 could be to explain the importance of the code, why we follow it, etc. (please park your car HERE, because XXXXXX, etc.)

CharlesW1
(Georgia)

08/16/2006 5:39 PM  
ShellyN,

I wish I had a good one for you, I would surely give it to you, but I don’t. I’m sure someone will see your post and be able to help you out. You may have to change some of the words, but the general layout should be very similar though.
Did you check the search box in the top right hand corner for any violation letters?
I hadn’t checked there either it was just a thought.
Are you on the board? I would think so but… I had to ask.

I see BrainB was able to help you before I could post.
I his post helps you out.

Chuck W.

Charles E. Wafer Jr.
LisaP
(Florida)

08/17/2006 6:10 AM  
I have a few great ones. Please email me at [email protected] for a copy
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement