Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Sunday, September 22, 2019
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Fun Topic - Association street spelled two ways?
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

09/03/2019 9:41 AM  
Hi All,

Found a street in our community with a different spelling on tax records, than from surveys/signage.

Looks to me like county tax assessor changed the spelling as they initially entered it into the tax roles. It is online tax records as "Culpepper" and in surveys/signage as "Culpeper."

Question is - should we address this? It's kind of quaint, but could cause future deed issues for those 20 properties on that street.
NpS
(Pennsylvania)

09/03/2019 10:34 AM  
Posted By GeorgeS21 on 09/03/2019 9:41 AM
Question is - should we address this? It's kind of quaint, but could cause future deed issues for those 20 properties on that street.

Waste of time and often cumbersome to change records.
Our streets are X Road East and X Road West. That's what our deeds say.
But township tax records say East X Road and West X Road.
But our street signs say ...
But our ... say ...

The fact is that it's been this way for 30 years and everyone has figured out how to deal with it.

On the other hand, it took us 8 months to create a new address because it had to involve the County's GIS system, the post office, and the township. Lot of work for very little result.

Sikubali jukumu. Read all posts at your own risk.
CjC

09/03/2019 11:49 AM  
We had that happen and when I was in the tax assessment office I pointed it out. They fixed it within a few minutes. They could tell they had made a mistake (it was the subdivision name in our case, not street name)
CathyA3
(Ohio)

09/03/2019 12:48 PM  
We had that happen in a community that was being developed by the builder I worked for. Played heck with Google maps and their driving directions until the error was corrected.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

09/03/2019 1:34 PM  
I live on shall we say Baseball View Court but there is also a Baseball View Circle in the same town but 5 miles apart. I tell people looking for me to be sure it is Court, not Circle.
CathyA3
(Ohio)

09/03/2019 2:10 PM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 09/03/2019 1:34 PM
I live on shall we say Baseball View Court but there is also a Baseball View Circle in the same town but 5 miles apart. I tell people looking for me to be sure it is Court, not Circle.

Hereabouts there is a subdivision - call it Killinger - and the streets are named Killinger Place, Killinger Court, Killinger Lane, Killinger Run Drive, Killinger Valley Lane, Killinger Valley Court, and Killinger Trail. To add insult to injury there is also a cull-de-sac in the same subdivision named Oak Creek Trail.

Seriously, who on earth thought that was a good idea?
DouglasK1
(Florida)

09/03/2019 2:41 PM  
Posted By CathyA3 on 09/03/2019 2:10 PM
Posted By JohnC46 on 09/03/2019 1:34 PM

Hereabouts there is a subdivision - call it Killinger - and the streets are named Killinger Place, Killinger Court, Killinger Lane, Killinger Run Drive, Killinger Valley Lane, Killinger Valley Court, and Killinger Trail. To add insult to injury there is also a cull-de-sac in the same subdivision named Oak Creek Trail.

Seriously, who on earth thought that was a good idea?

The person who named the subdivision after themselves.

Escaped former treasurer and director of a self managed association.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

09/03/2019 3:59 PM  
I lived out in the "country" years ago. So far out that the 911 system didn't have roads names in their system. They had to get every road named in our county. Which being out in the country you can have multiple names for 1 road. My road had atleast 3 different names just looking up my neighbors in the phone book! The actual road sign had 1 name on it.

The county let the "oldest" resident on the road to pick the name. Which my friend's road became "Grace road". The lady saying it was "Amazing Grace" she had lived that long on that road.... However, my favorite road sign? It is "Flicker" lane. Why? Well let's just say the lettering on the sign has the "L/I" looking like a "U"....

Former HOA President
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Fun Topic - Association street spelled two ways?

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement