Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Sunday, December 08, 2019
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Trees & Next Door Neighbor
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
PhilipS3
(Georgia)

08/01/2019 7:13 AM  
I just cut down some Bartlett pears tress, I sent a email out to all the HOA asking them if they had a problem with me cutting down the trees and I was going to pay for it. I left one HOA member out since one has filed for chapter 13. Now she having a fit about me taking down the trees, I have live in my place 20 years. Did I do anything wrong with not asking this member?
PatJ1
(North Carolina)

08/01/2019 7:24 AM  
Why do you think an owner who filed Chapter 13 shouldn't get the notice?

Board members are volunteers. Many have no idea what they're doing. Educate them. Don't beat them up.
PhilipS3
(Georgia)

08/01/2019 7:32 AM  
Not a member in good standing either there are liens on the property with the bankruptcy 13 on top of it, also doesn't respond to email until it something they don't like. Why should somebody like that have any impact on what I was doing.
AugustinD

08/01/2019 8:09 AM  
Were the tree trunks on your land? If so, I do not think you have to inform the neighbors, though some do as a courtesy. I would apologize profusely to the neighbor, if only to maintain as good relations as possible. Her being in arrears et cetera is irrelevant. It sounds like she still holds title to her property.

Was the HOA okay with it? Many HOAs require that a person get permission before removing landscaping.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

08/01/2019 4:33 PM  
Why were you going to all the HOA? This is a board decision for approval most likely. I would have also included neighbors most directly effected by the work/noise/removal of trees.

It is irrelevant the financial standing of this person or if they have liens. They are still a member of the HOA.

Former HOA President
LetA
(Nevada)

08/01/2019 8:01 PM  
Technically Melissa, all communications honestly needs to go thought the BK attorney, BOD's can get into a lot of hot water directly communicating with a member that has filed BK against them. Sending them a rules violation notice or something as innocuous as informing them that the street sweeper is going to clean their street on X day can give cause for the owner to file a harassment claim with the court. In cases like this it is always best to communicate everything with the attorney of record handling the BK.

I too have the same question, did you cut down your personal trees or trees on community property. If they were your personal trees bleep It, you don't owe anyone an explanation. If they were community trees, put it in the annual newsletter, send a copy to the said owner via attorney of record on the BK. CYA.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

08/01/2019 8:16 PM  
It is my question/concern of location of the trees as well. Were these on common property? It's nice and all you were willing to pay for it and get the work done. It is still overall a BOD decision to approve. Not sure why one would leave a member out due to not in good standing. Good standing just refers to the ability to cast a vote or run for a board position.

Former HOA President
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

08/02/2019 10:37 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 08/01/2019 8:16 PM
It is my question/concern of location of the trees as well. Were these on common property? It's nice and all you were willing to pay for it and get the work done. It is still overall a BOD decision to approve. Not sure why one would leave a member out due to not in good standing. Good standing just refers to the ability to cast a vote or run for a board position.

I agree.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Trees & Next Door Neighbor

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement