Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Website issues?
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

06/25/2019 4:56 PM  
Is it just me or is HOATalk having website issues? Been having connectivity issues last few days. Wondered if it was just me or others?

Former HOA President
LetA
(Nevada)

06/25/2019 5:40 PM  
Yup was acting like dial-up and then the 404 screen.
GenoS
(Florida)

06/25/2019 6:35 PM  
It's not just you, Melissa. Was all but unusable all day yesterday. It's a little bit better now.
GenoS
(Florida)

06/25/2019 6:38 PM  
OK it's not much better. My last post took 85 seconds to post after I pressed the Submit button. Sometimes I think whoever runs this site does it as a hobby and they don't bother to check that everything's working properly except for maybe once or twice a week.
KerryL1
(California)

06/25/2019 8:31 PM  
I replied to Melissa a long time ago, and it's not here.

I wrote that it's taking me a long time to get on the site so I give up. I was away for almost 2 months so don't know how long this's been a problem.
GenoS
(Florida)

06/26/2019 2:10 PM  
It seems to be somewhat "fixed" finally. Kerry, it has only been acting up for the last 2 days. It wasn't serving up 404s for me. It was a different number that meant the entire server was busted. A 404 is "page not found". It was much more severe than that. At least they didn't lose the database, everything still seems to be here. Now to see how long this takes to post. I've got 5:10 and 30 seconds...
GenoS
(Florida)

06/26/2019 2:12 PM  
60 seconds. Still not right. The site has never been all that "snappy" or responsive, but 60 seconds indicates there are still problems.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

06/26/2019 2:20 PM  
Let us hope they fix it. I sure would miss the site.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

06/26/2019 2:29 PM  
I can see it now. Some geek said I will come in on Sunday and make the changes when network traffic is slow. Someone asked any problems expected? The geek said easy peasy.
GenoS
(Florida)

06/26/2019 2:33 PM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 06/26/2019 2:20 PM
Let us hope they fix it. I sure would miss the site.

I didn't know what to do with myself a few times yesterday! If this site ever went away permanently we'd have to invent another one. I can't see the big names (FB, NextDoor, etc.) filling the void.
RoyalP

06/26/2019 3:27 PM  
? the site was down ?

? how could anyone tell ?

i know

i know

! no one heard from ME !

? coincidence ?

IOW: who cares ?
TimB4
(Virginia)

06/26/2019 4:42 PM  
Things to remember:

The site is free.
This is one of the very few sites that is not all anti-HOA
All websites have issues from time to time.

Personally, I can live with a few issues for access to a free forum that has proven to be very helpful in the past and likely will in the future as well.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

06/26/2019 5:15 PM  
It seems to be better now. Glad to have found this website. Been to others and they are like a HOA meeting.

Us "computer geeks" always say it's best to reboot than get the boot for swearing in public...

Former HOA President
hoatalk
(California)

06/26/2019 5:25 PM  
Hi Everyone,

We did have some site issues over the last couple days. Sorry about that and thank you for hanging in there.

One of the data centers we use had major network issues over the last couple days that affected this site. They are still having issues and we have been trying to decide when to move HOATalk to our disaster recovery location. We decided not to move yet because it's also risky to move such a big site to a new location.

Don't worry that we will shut down HOATalk....it's here to stay. If you see more issues over the coming days, just check back in a few hours, since we may be moving to our other location.

Thank you all for your active participation and helping literally tens of thousands of people over the years!

HOATalk.com, A free service of Community123.com
Provider of Upscale Community Websites
CLICK HERE to get a FREE trial community website
*See legal notice below (end of page) or go to www.hoatalk.com/legal
KerryL1
(California)

06/26/2019 5:35 PM  
Thank YOU, HOATalk!
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

06/26/2019 5:47 PM  
Thank you HOATalk. Understood your issues. Glad for your support too!

Former HOA President
GenoS
(Florida)

06/26/2019 9:44 PM  
Posted By hoatalk on 06/26/2019 5:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

We did have some site issues over the last couple days. Sorry about that and thank you for hanging in there.

Thank you for the update. Good to know you've actually got backups, too!
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement