Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Saturday, May 25, 2019
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Stopping Broken sprinklers - but not towing
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
JimB37
(Florida)

05/10/2019 6:15 PM  
Our community is a mixture of owned/rented condos and private homes on one side of the community (Under a separate HOA) and then a similar situation on the other side of the community but with more private homes. Contractors and owners alike are continually driving their vehicles off the sides of the road, resulting in broken irrigation systems that are the responsibility, in most cases, of the two HOAs.

Towing has been proposed, and we will proceed with putting up signs, but the practical matter is the offenders will be gone before anyone shows up with a truck.

So what to do??? My understanding that even when a person was presented with a picture of his car on the grass, he insisted it wasn't his.

Has anyone experimented with solutions meant to keep people off the grass? I've considered planting plants or flowers, or even rocks , but not gaining any support. My last thought is to put it in documents that if the irrigation system is broken due to probable vehicle activity, then all of the tenants (or owners) must pay. Same is true for a private owner where maintenance is provided by HOA.

As always, thank you to this group. Great communication.
WayneN
(Florida)

05/10/2019 7:01 PM  
If your roads are private , hire a booting company
LetA
(Nevada)

05/10/2019 9:19 PM  
You local laws may prohibit your HOA from immediately towing any vehicle except for parking in a red zone. As far as parking on the grass, take a time and date stamped picture of the car and get the driver information from the DMV through records search.. psst: the DMV might be nice enough to give you the registered owners insurance information. Use that to file a claim.
RoyalP
(South Carolina)

05/11/2019 6:52 AM  
vehicle parks on grass Tuesday @ 1:00 PM for 1/2 hour

vehicle is photographed (including 'plate')

irrigation activates Wednesday @ 8:00 AM

broken 'head' discovered

? did said vehicle break head ?

inconclusive UNLESS there is CONTINUOUS video of area in question

assume there actually is

? who will monitor said video ?

Simply post "NO PARKING ON GRASS" signs and enforce same with fines if possible.

? who volunteers to be the grass enforcement agent ?

SHEEEZ - don't be like me or my neighbors in a 55+ HOA, get actual lives and simply fix the improperly installed heads which should have been set in individual 'beds' of gravel so that they COULD be driven over

or

http://www.ipprod.com/sprinklersaver/ss_sales.htm
JimB37
(Florida)

05/11/2019 7:26 AM  
The simplest of solutions are indeed the best. I'm buying a few for my own property since the golfers can't seem to stay on the fairway.

Thank you RoyalP!
GenoS
(Florida)

05/11/2019 12:52 PM  
Posted By RoyalP on 05/11/2019 6:52 AM
SHEEEZ - don't be like me or my neighbors in a 55+ HOA, get actual lives and simply fix the improperly installed heads which should have been set in individual 'beds' of gravel so that they COULD be driven over

Woulda shoulda coulda. Do NOT park on the grass. That's what needs to be properly enforced, not moaning about "improperly installed" sprinkler heads. Who says they're "improperly installed"? We have bouts of this same problem. The heads are properly installed.
JimB37
(Florida)

05/11/2019 1:11 PM  
Geno,
No snark intended, but please define "properly enforced".
RoyalP
(South Carolina)

05/11/2019 2:17 PM  
The "grass enforcement agent(s)", of course, would patrol and issue 'violations' which the Board of Directors could then pursue as per the Covenants and Restrictions.

I am sure Geno would volunteer
GreggT
(Florida)

05/11/2019 5:37 PM  
Agree, NO Parking on the grass period! Fine or two violators. We had similar issues and putting in curbing.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Stopping Broken sprinklers - but not towing

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement