Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Thursday, August 22, 2019
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: understanding Proxies/proxy holder
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
RonS15
(California)

03/17/2019 11:31 PM  
so november 20th 2018 was our annuals and this would be my 8th time running for the Board with a lil legal help i was able to campaign to see how i've been cheated all these years and despite my plea to this yes man board they said they found nothing but when i asked did they get legal help or something they did not answer....this goes super deep but after reading some discussions i figured this was the best spott to get some feedback....so what i'm saying is i lost to a person who live in another city,who won by the way of 10 proxy write in votes lololol facts....now please understand this guy use too be the board president few years bac when he was a city employee proxy holder.... are u following so far lol some how after he retired he got 10 proxies lol from the city....our rules say "members only" please understand this goes deeper lol oh an at these annual no board member nor the other nominees showed up except for me an the electioneer lol oh yes it gets more intense,,,but ultimately they said i lost even tho there were 3 spots i won one....now im being avoided extremely we had our first board member meeting on jan 15 and i was standing outside in da rain because they didn't show up to open the office...no notification or nothing like always come to find out they were having meeting on the phone lol...this was insane there haven't been a meeting in like 2 yrs and our office has been closed for 2ys because we have a manager who runs 2 HOAs and has her office in another HOA as the main lololololololol...but wait....as i was waiting to get some business conducted like get a board member packet.i was challenging the elections,i needed my password for the website to pay my dues,i want email addresses for current board....instead i get 6 cops to my house saying was harassing an threatening lol....i was now 602'd lol banned i now realize they dont want me on the board and the manager was willing to make false accusation with no proof...so here i am about to do something that will change my HOA forever which is get rid of this fraudulent entity an to look out for us homeowners.... please give me some feedback on if u understand what im saying and if im understanding right....thanks oh yeah it says proxies are used for voting or quorum only...this what is what our rules say...
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

03/18/2019 5:56 AM  
Ron,

Please reformat your post with paragraphs ... it is painful to try and decipher it all jumbled.
RonS15
(California)

03/18/2019 6:30 AM  
how lol
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

03/18/2019 6:37 AM  
Not really understanding your post. It's kind of hard to read between the lines to get an understanding.

What is sounds like that your possibly still under Developer control. At least maybe someone who holds a large number of undeveloped lots. They have given their proxy vote to someone who works at/with the city. So that person is on the board by using their proxy votes?

It depends if your HOA is still under developer control, then the developer can assign someone to represent them if they want. It's their actual business and that would be more along an employee/owner relationship. If HOA is owner owned, then the owner (one who owns the multiple lots) should be considered the member. Which maybe one can give their proxy vote to if they want. Not sure about them sitting on the board more than attending on behalf of their proxy giver.

Need more details and less of the LOL and conspiracay theories of how deep this all runs. It runs just as deep as your everyone's membership in the HOA. Which is you and your neighbors...

Former HOA President
RonS15
(California)

03/18/2019 6:55 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 03/18/2019 6:37 AM
Not really understanding your post. It's kind of hard to read between the lines to get an understanding.

What is sounds like that your possibly still under Developer control. At least maybe someone who holds a large number of undeveloped lots. They have given their proxy vote to someone who works at/with the city. So that person is on the board by using their proxy votes?

It depends if your HOA is still under developer control, then the developer can assign someone to represent them if they want. It's their actual business and that would be more along an employee/owner relationship. If HOA is owner owned, then the owner (one who owns the multiple lots) should be considered the member. Which maybe one can give their proxy vote to if they want. Not sure about them sitting on the board more than attending on behalf of their proxy giver.

Need more details and less of the LOL and conspiracy theories of how deep this all runs. It runs just as deep as your everyone's membership in the HOA. Which is you and your neighbors...

understandable.. no this HOA is not new an im really talking abut the city,city not a developer...yes it is owner owned units except for the ones the city bought which are 90 of 236....my thing is can a proxy holder sit on the board if it says members only and proxy are used for quorum an voting purpose only.... am i making more sense?? an sorry abut the lol
RoyalP

03/18/2019 7:05 AM  
a proxy holder may very be an actual member
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

03/18/2019 7:20 AM  
The city bought up 90 lots for what purpose? A redevelopment program? I know in our city we had them buy up homes/apartments to include section 8 residents. It didn't sit well with some people. Considering that some of those areas weren't in areas that were economically declined to be politically correct. However, the city needed more areas for their housing programs. So having the city step in like that could cause a bit of indigestion in certain situations.

Former HOA President
RonS15
(California)

03/18/2019 7:26 AM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 03/18/2019 7:20 AM
The city bought up 90 lots for what purpose? A redevelopment program? I know in our city we had them buy up homes/apartments to include section 8 residents. It didn't sit well with some people. Considering that some of those areas weren't in areas that were economically declined to be politically correct. However, the city needed more areas for their housing programs. So having the city step in like that could cause a bit of indigestion in certain situations.

the city bought them for at the time when it was a bad area but now its not
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > understanding Proxies/proxy holder

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement