Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Thursday, November 15, 2018

SBCA: Free education for HOAs and condos on satellite placement issues.
(National Trade Organization)
Helping HOAs, condos and property managers with satellite placement issues since 1986.
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Absentee Ballot Form
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
RichA3
(Arizona)

10/26/2018 5:19 AM  
I may be called the "Secretary" of our little COA but I type at a snail's pace. (:-)
I do not want to re-invent the wheel.
Would someone be so kind as to send me a link to an online absentee ballot form that I could simply markup & use?
Thanks.
SheliaH
(Indiana)

10/26/2018 7:24 AM  
Usually Googling something like this is faster, but I didn't see anything. That said, putting one together shouldn't be that difficult - you might try looking at a site like SurveyMonkey to see what templates they have.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

10/26/2018 8:43 AM  
Hope this displays properly:

PROXY DESIGNATION
For The [name] Association
2010 Annual Membership Meeting

I, ______________________________, homeowner of lot _____, and residing at
FIRST, LAST NAME __________________________________________________________________________________________
ADDRESS

do hereby authorize _____________________________________ to act as my proxy and
FIRST, LAST NAME

vote for me in my absence and exercise all the power I should possess if I were personally present at the [name] Annual Homeowners Meeting on [date] to be held at [location] at [time].

This Proxy will be valid for any continuances of this Annual Meeting.

If no name is identified as my representative, I hereby appoint the Board of Directors as my proxy representative.

_____________________________ __________
SIGNATURE OF ABSENTEE HOMEOWNER Date
KerryL1
(California)

10/26/2018 9:36 AM  
My reading of Rich's request is for an absentee ballot, which is different than a proxy. Many states permit absentee balloting so owners neither have to attend nor do they need a proxy. They just mail in their absentee ballot.

I wouldn't be able to send ours, but it's just a ballot for the board of directors. Why can't you just use the one you always use, Rich?
RichardP13
(California)

10/26/2018 10:09 AM  
Arizona doesn't allow proxies.
KerryL1
(California)

10/26/2018 10:59 AM  
My reading is that Rich is NOT asking about proxies.
RichardP13
(California)

10/26/2018 11:39 AM  
There are printers that can provide this type of service. How many units are you talking about?
RichA3
(Arizona)

10/26/2018 12:12 PM  
Do need an absentee ballot form not a proxy form.
We have 17 units in our little COA.
KerryL1
(California)

10/26/2018 12:33 PM  
Does AZ allow absentee voting?
KerryL1
(California)

10/26/2018 12:33 PM  
Does AZ allow absentee voting?
RichA3
(Arizona)

10/26/2018 1:02 PM  
AZ allows absentee ballots but does not allow proxies.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

10/26/2018 2:08 PM  
Posted By KerryL1 on 10/26/2018 9:36 AM
My reading of Rich's request is for an absentee ballot, which is different than a proxy. Many states permit absentee balloting so owners neither have to attend nor do they need a proxy. They just mail in their absentee ballot.

I wouldn't be able to send ours, but it's just a ballot for the board of directors. Why can't you just use the one you always use, Rich?

My OOPS....
KerryL1
(California)

10/26/2018 2:38 PM  
So, Rich, why don't you simply send them to owners in whatever way AZ requires-- xx days before the election? double envelope?? Or whatever else and just use th ballots you'v used in the past?
RichA3
(Arizona)

10/27/2018 8:54 AM  
Love to use the absentee ballots from the past, but I would have to type up a new one from scratch. I wanted an online form I could simply mark up some. Before a management company took care of this. We are now self-managed w a secretary (me) who can't type worth a damn. (:-) I asked the management company for the online form they used before...BUT they couldn't find it. I asked our local Sun City COA if I could use the online version of one of the forms that I bought from them in their guidelines manual. They are reluctant to do so...probably figure I would share it w the world. I did find a form by googling...I am using that form as a starter.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/28/2018 1:39 AM  
OK - so get the current form into .pdf and then convert from .pdf to a word processing form ...

Or, just type it over .... it isn’t that hard.

Or, find someone else to type it and send it to you.

Or, just type it over ... it isn’t that hard. And, you will be able to reuse the skill often 🙂
RichA3
(Arizona)

10/28/2018 7:06 AM  
Your points are well taken.
I just need to get off my arse & do it.
Just been retired too long & am just too damn lazy. (:-)
RoyalpitA

10/28/2018 8:52 AM  
..... yet you VOLUNTEERED to act as a corporate secretary

WELL DONE

now

GET MOVING

Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Absentee Ballot Form

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement