Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Pa Statute Title 68 Questions
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
DennisH10

10/20/2018 7:17 AM  
Would like to converse with anyone who LIVES IN PA and is familiar with Pa Statute Title 68.. which is the Pa State Regulations regarding the operation a of a Planned Community HOA. No offence but if you are not a resident of PA AND have familiarity with this Pa Statute , then PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND,
GenoS
(Florida)

10/20/2018 2:10 PM  
I don't live in PA so I won't respond.
KerryL1
(California)

10/20/2018 2:22 PM  
I'm breaking the rule because I don't live in PA either. I don't think we have a regular poster right now from PA.

WE do, Dennis have a few who're willing to read otter states' codes and often can interpret them. If you'd let such a person low what puzzles you about PA Statute Title 68, you might get a helpful reply.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/20/2018 3:42 PM  
This one may turn out to be humorous.
DennisH10

10/20/2018 4:57 PM  
If there is no one on the list from Pa, then you can delete my inquiry. thanks anyway
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/20/2018 8:01 PM  
Very qualified and knowledgeable folks on this forum research topics for folks from other states all the time.

Sorry it didn’t work out for you.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

10/20/2018 10:29 PM  
I used to live in Pennsylvania and most of my family is from there. Does that count? Also speak "Pittsburgheese" fluently... Yin's may be up a crick without a paddle... So bring you'ns some chipped ham to eat along the way...

Former HOA President
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

10/21/2018 7:44 AM  
Bye Bye Dennis.
JeffT2
(Iowa)

10/21/2018 8:41 AM  
Title 68, Subpart D, Chapters 51 – 54 is known as the Uniform Planned Community Act. The word Uniform means that it is intended to be the same in all 50 states. It was based (in part) on the Uniform Condominium Act, which was enacted by 14 states. The act was updated as the Uniform Common Interest Ownership Act, which was enacted in six or seven states (although not PA).

The point is that many other states have the same laws as PA.
DennisH10

10/21/2018 12:55 PM  
Posted By JeffT2 on 10/21/2018 8:41 AM
Title 68, Subpart D, Chapters 51 – 54 is known as the Uniform Planned Community Act. The word Uniform means that it is intended to be the same in all 50 states. It was based (in part) on the Uniform Condominium Act, which was enacted by 14 states. The act was updated as the Uniform Common Interest Ownership Act, which was enacted in six or seven states (although not PA).

The point is that many other states have the same laws as PA.

Yes I know exactly what it is,, I have the entire bill in my possession,, but what I am after is: is there any one in Pa who has experience exercising this Title in a court proceeding setting applying the contents of it AGAINST a hoa in Pa OR does anyone know of a search criteria to find that out on WestLaw.com ? for in PENNSYLVANIA.. It may be similar or the same in any other state, of which I AM NOT INTERESTED IN.

DennisH10

10/21/2018 1:22 PM  
or stated differently,, I am looking for ANY established Court decision precedents established with regard to Title 68 in PA Only.. I can not believe that I am the only one in Pa who has felt that the hoa board they live in has not overstepped their authority, and have thus filed a legal challenge to it.
RoyalpitA

10/21/2018 2:18 PM  
He who represents self in court has a fool for a client.

..... paraphrase of Abraham Lincoln

DennisH10

10/21/2018 4:16 PM  
Posted By RoyalpitA on 10/21/2018 2:18 PM

I said nothing about representing self ?? Some say : It is better to be thought a Fool,, than to open ones mouth and prove it.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/21/2018 7:16 PM  
I thought it would get humorous.
RoyalpitA

10/22/2018 6:46 AM  
Posted By DennisH10 on 10/21/2018 4:16 PM
Posted By RoyalpitA on 10/21/2018 2:18 PM

I said nothing about representing self ?? Some say : It is better to be thought a Fool,, than to open ones mouth and prove it.

so .................

YOU are searching the web for non lawyer info 'stead of your attorney ?!

However, I do appear the jester for participating in your jabberwocky.

RoyalpitA

10/23/2018 12:38 PM  
http://multifiles.pressherald.com/uploads/sites/2/2017/03/707699_248278-Jester-fool-funny-fa.jpg
DennisH10

10/23/2018 1:21 PM  
To the HOA Talk List moderator,

I had thought when I found this list that I found a informative group of people on the subject. But if it is your permission to allow bullshitters, the like of who have replied to me, then it appears that this is a discussion list I can live without.

After this post i will be deleting this web page from my computer.

JohnC46
(South Carolina)

10/23/2018 6:41 PM  
Bye Bye Dennis....
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

10/24/2018 1:48 AM  
Dennis,

I am one of those that responded - but, I did so because your requirements to be helped were so onerous as to be ridiculous.

The subsequent responses you received went down the path of any forum when someone wanting help has such criteria as to almost ensure no one will help - and, with some who will find your request for help nonsensical.

Sorry you never got the point - at any time you could have said, “good point, all, and I would appreciate advice from those of you knowledgeable about my particular state’s laws.”

But, you didn’t.

As a final thought, the folks who offer their time and advice herein get LOTS of nutty requests ...you weren’t the first. But, many of us are still chuckling.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Pa Statute Title 68 Questions

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement