Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Friday, December 14, 2018

SBCA: Free education for HOAs and condos on satellite placement issues.
(National Trade Organization)
Helping HOAs, condos and property managers with satellite placement issues since 1986.
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: HOA Software
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
RobinD3
(Texas)

09/24/2018 9:26 AM  
I have been looking for software for our POA. Is there any out there that someone could recommend? Is there one that we can by outright and not pay per year?

Thank you
RoyalpitA

09/24/2018 9:27 AM  
QuickBooks
RobinD3
(Texas)

09/24/2018 9:30 AM  
I've looked into that, but I need more of a data base software. Something I can keep track of violations, fine, letters and things like that.
RoyalpitA

09/24/2018 9:39 AM  
QuickBooks

REALLY look into it !
RobinD3
(Texas)

09/24/2018 9:40 AM  
Which version?
RoyalpitA

09/24/2018 9:44 AM  
Not sure, try the latest ..... Desktop Pro
AdamD1
(Indiana)

09/24/2018 11:14 AM  
Posted By RobinD3 on 09/24/2018 9:30 AM
I've looked into that, but I need more of a data base software. Something I can keep track of violations, fine, letters and things like that.

It was once suggested to me by a now former Board member that we should try Insightly.

We are such a hands-off Board, it really is not needed so it was never pursued. I can not attest to whether it is a viable option for HOAs or if you'd be better with something like a QuickBooks setup.

We personally use QuickBooks online and pay the yearly fee. Our PM's accountant tried to get us to switch to the desktop version, where he would have it on his own personal server. Didn't pass the sniff test, so we're sticking to the online version!
EdC5
(Florida)

09/24/2018 12:27 PM  
Look into TOPS; it's what I use to manage associations.

Edward J Cooke, CMCA, LCAM
GenoS
(Florida)

09/24/2018 3:24 PM  
Posted By EdC5 on 09/24/2018 12:27 PM
Look into TOPS; it's what I use to manage associations.

EdC5, our management company, which we only use for bookkeeping and financial reporting, was bought out by a larger firm in town. The old company used TOPS. The new one uses Caliber. Are you familiar with that? Any thoughts on the pluses and minuses of each? There's a good chance that we'll be switching management companies again within 6 months and we're wondering what effort is needed to transfer the information from one system to another. Thanks!
RichardP13
(California)

09/24/2018 4:02 PM  
I first used T, then switched to C and could not be HAPPIER! and the price is right.
RobinD3
(Texas)

09/25/2018 6:19 AM  
Can you purchase it? Or is it an annual/monthly fee?
BarbaraT1
(Texas)

09/25/2018 6:45 AM  
I have used Ciranet, VMS, C3, and some company-specific software - of the bunch C3 was my favorite in terms of simplicity and ease of use.
RichardP13
(California)

09/25/2018 7:40 AM  
Posted By RobinD3 on 09/25/2018 6:19 AM
Can you purchase it? Or is it an annual/monthly fee?

You can purchase it, but I wouldn't because it would have to be on a server and you need a IT staff to maintain all the updates, to the software and the server.
GenoS
(Florida)

09/25/2018 11:42 AM  
Definitely industrial strength, those two.
RobinD3
(Texas)

09/26/2018 5:59 AM  
Does anyone know or heard about DB-Pros?
SteveM9
(Massachusetts)

10/05/2018 6:18 PM  
Posted By RobinD3 on 09/24/2018 9:30 AM

Google docs could work.

Sheets is just the same as microsoft excel. You could simply have a violations sheet, and reference a google docs file with a filename like 10.05.18_SMITH_LETTER.PDF

Doesn't need to be anything fancy or database driven. Just organize docs, letters, etc. into folders.

Keep it simple stupid.

You want to spend your time working on letters, fines, etc.... not spend all your time maintaining software to do those things.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement