Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Thursday, June 21, 2018

SBCA: Free education for HOAs and condos on satellite placement issues.
(National Trade Organization)
Helping HOAs, condos and property managers with satellite placement issues since 1986.
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Neighbor incident
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
KP3
(Texas)

06/09/2018 11:55 AM  
One evening recently there was a neighbor who wasn’t home but the teenage kids had a rather large party that went on until after ten. The parents weren’t home I til after that. They were very loud and after many attempts to quiet them a neighbor called police. It was way more detailed than that but you get the picture. Anyway, the one that called the police also sent an email to the board regarding this incident. After seeing this one of the board members went to their homes in an effort “to help reconcile the issue”. Has anyone ever had this happen? I feel that it may become an issue with the board of that member..
BrettH3
(South Carolina)

06/09/2018 12:26 PM  
Neighbor complaints should be absolutely confidential and no names should be given out. Getting the two families together could blow up in your faces.
BenA2
(Texas)

06/09/2018 1:48 PM  
I think it is always better to talk to people before sending a formal violation notice (assuming they actually violated the covenants. I would not give the offending party the complaining owner's name but there is nothing wrong with speaking to both of them. Many times the person complaining gives there permission to release their name.

As a board member, I would not take any action without the board's approval.
KP3
(Texas)

06/09/2018 2:29 PM  
Posted By BenA2 on 06/09/2018 1:48 PM
I think it is always better to talk to people before sending a formal violation notice (assuming they actually violated the covenants. I would not give the offending party the complaining owner's name but there is nothing wrong with speaking to both of them. Many times the person complaining gives there permission to release their name.

As a board member, I would not take any action without the board's approval.

He approached them without the board knowing. While talking to the complaintant, the guy saw him talking to her and then her went to his house. Pretty sure the guy knew who made the complaint at that point.
GeorgeS21
(Florida)

06/09/2018 3:43 PM  
Other than action that might be called for better the CCR or bylaws, this is a matter between neighbors and, if necessary, law enforcement.

Board members should not place themselves between neighbors.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement