Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Friday, November 24, 2017

SBCA: Free education for HOAs and condos on satellite placement issues.
(National Trade Organization)
Helping HOAs, condos and property managers with satellite placement issues since 1986.
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Intercom systems
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
PatF4
(Illinois)

11/13/2017 6:39 AM  
Hello,

We are currently seeking alternatives to our current intercom system. It is costing over $50/mo in phone bills plus $25 for a long distance plan and $65 to add an individuals phone number when they move in. The cost of the phone line may be fixed, but, I'd like an intercom system which we can program ourselves and not require the $65 service call. Alternatively, we've considered the butterflymx intercom which is intriguing and modern. I like that it adds a camera that streams directly to a phone, we as the board can control the numbers and it will run off of an internet connection that is provided by the internet company we have brough into the building. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure that the intercom system we currently have is one we can update ourselves or if we've just not had anyone with the know how.

Thanks!

SheliaH
(Indiana)

11/13/2017 7:17 AM  
Have you spoken to whoever installed the system to see if it can be upgraded? How about getting quotes form other companies that provide similar services?
PatF4
(Illinois)

11/13/2017 11:23 AM  
It was installed over 15 years ago, so I don't know who that would be. Putting it out for bid is in the works, however, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on systems they've used.
AllisonD
(Florida)

11/13/2017 3:03 PM  
If you email me at [email protected] I will tell you what keypad vendor we use, I do not think I can post it here. The gate company we normally use for repairs installed the keypad and the fee covered a year of programming. Thereafter they wanted to charge $50 per month; we have about 150 homes, some tenants and a few vendors and thats it, not worth $50 a month. I called the keypad manufacturer and they showed me step by step how to download their software and program the stuff myself. It is super easy to do and I have been doing it for several years now. I highly recommend you look into this approach.
TimB4
(Virginia)

11/13/2017 3:06 PM  
Pat,

Per the posting rules, names of companies or products are allowed.

Those who ask for such recommendations typically provide an email.

Understanding that few (if any) desire to post their personal email online, an email can easily be made for free from one of the many email services available for this specific purpose.

I do not have any recommendations for intercom companies.
AllisonD
(Florida)

11/13/2017 3:15 PM  
Posted By TimB4 on 11/13/2017 3:06 PM
Pat,

Per the posting rules, names of companies or products are allowed.

Those who ask for such recommendations typically provide an email.

Understanding that few (if any) desire to post their personal email online, an email can easily be made for free from one of the many email services available for this specific purpose.

I do not have any recommendations for intercom companies.

I did not know I could post the name of the company. Its Doorking, and they have excellent customer service as I stated before. Our keypad software contains phone numbers for when someone at the gate enters the code to call the homeowner and the individual codes to open the gates.
GenoS
(Florida)

11/13/2017 3:46 PM  
LOL I think Tim meant to say the posting of companies or products are NOT allowed?
AllisonD
(Florida)

11/13/2017 5:09 PM  
Oh geeze I have to find the rules and read them myself. I am sorry if I broke the rule.
GenoS
(Florida)

11/13/2017 6:27 PM  
Posted By AllisonD on 11/13/2017 5:09 PM
Oh geeze I have to find the rules and read them myself. I am sorry if I broke the rule.

I might be wrong about that too In my 3 years here I don't think anyone has been banned or ejected from the forums for breaking the posting rules inadvertantly. People make mistakes. I think if it was being done repeatedly and on purpose then the site admins might take action, but I wouldn't sweat it.
TimB4
(Virginia)

11/13/2017 8:02 PM  
Posted By AllisonD on 11/13/2017 5:09 PM

Click on the big smiley face that says "Our Posting Rules" at the top of every forum page.
AllisonD
(Florida)

11/14/2017 4:15 PM  
OK I read it. So I did not break the rule initially but then I subsequently did, so I am sorry.
TimB4
(Virginia)

11/14/2017 4:21 PM  
Posted By GenoS on 11/13/2017 3:46 PM
LOL I think Tim meant to say the posting of companies or products are NOT allowed?

Yep.

It's hard when the brain is moving faster then the fingers will type.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement