Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Friday, November 24, 2017

SBCA: Free education for HOAs and condos on satellite placement issues.
(National Trade Organization)
Helping HOAs, condos and property managers with satellite placement issues since 1986.
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Submitted my Shed Request to the ARC
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
CarlJ2
(Texas)

10/30/2017 11:49 AM  
Wish me luck.
DouglasM6
(Arizona)

10/30/2017 11:50 AM  
You don't need luck. You just need to be compliant.

But Good Luck anyway!
CarlJ2
(Texas)

10/31/2017 5:12 AM  
Even if i'm compliant they may feel compelled to say, "No" , but we'll see.
JanetB2
(Colorado)

11/02/2017 7:19 PM  
If they say no they need to provide info from CCR's as to why not approved. I bet it will be fine if what submitted follows your CCR's.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/03/2017 8:26 PM  
I still think it's 50/50. They may just not want me to have one and that will be their justification.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

11/04/2017 5:45 AM  
Carl

Are there other sheds in the association? If so why would they deny you?
KerryL1
(California)

11/04/2017 8:59 AM  
Is your proposed shed completely compliant in every way as stated in your documents?

So far as we know, since your'v owned in your HOA--several months now, I think, you haven't broken any rules that you've mentioned to us, why would "they" want to deny your request? Your answer seems to be, "just because," but that's not a reason.

BTW, who approved w these ARC requests? A Committee? The Board??
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/04/2017 7:18 PM  
The committee reviews and recommends a determination to the board, but the final decision rests with the board. I copied the only other existing shed under the HOA's authority. I could see them recommending disapproval because there is only one other shed and they would not want for that to happen again.
GenoS
(Florida)

11/04/2017 7:29 PM  
Posted By CarlJ2 on 10/30/2017 11:49 AM
Wish me luck.

Good luck, Carl. In a perfect world luck would play no part in it (but we all know the real world is different).
KerryL1
(California)

11/04/2017 8:49 PM  
Do, Carl, your documents permit sheds?
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/05/2017 1:32 PM  
They are silent on the issue.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/05/2017 1:38 PM  
I should add they have prohibitions on attached structures (e. g. decks), but are silent on a free sanding structure.
TimB4
(Virginia)

11/05/2017 2:20 PM  
Carl,

Are there other sheds in the development?

If there are, there should be no problem with you having one.
If there are not, there may be a reason.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/05/2017 2:45 PM  
Tim, there is one one other shed.
KerryL1
(California)

11/05/2017 3:03 PM  
Thanks for a straight answer, Carl. Have you spoken with the owner of this one, lone, other shed to learn how permission was granted to build it?

How many homes are in your HOA, Carl?
TimB4
(Virginia)

11/05/2017 4:04 PM  
Carl,

If they deny it, you point to that shed and say that you are not asking for anything different that what has already been authorized.

JohnC46
(South Carolina)

11/05/2017 4:07 PM  
Shed and fences are very controversial in standalone home HOA's.

A real life shed story.

Standalone homes HOA. Covenants allowed "out buildings" if approved by the ACC/BOD. For years they disapproved every request. One owner decided to stand up. Had his lawyer send a letter to the BOD after they refused his request for a shed asking for shed standards. BOD President said let us ignore the letter and see how far they are willing to go.

One BOD Member said let us get an opinion from our lawyer. BOD layer basically said the BOD had been wrong in not allowing out buildings and advised the BOD to draw up some standards. He advised to make them tough but at least have some. BOD Pres. and his BOD cronies said no. We will fight it as we do not want out buildings. Two BOD Members disagreed with this (I was one) course of action.

A battle royal commenced. It took us and our allies two election cycles and untold man hours to rally owners and replace the BOD. How we did it is another story. First go around we got a few on the BOD which was enough to assure the Pres. could not be re-elected Pres. but the voting was sill 4 to 3 to ignore the BOD lawyer and reject any shed request. Next election cycle we took control of the BOD 5 to 2.

First action was to have the ACC draw up plans to allow sheds. Very, very, very tough standards like size, height, placement, poured concrete base, must be identically constructed and match the house (siding, brick, windows, etc.). We were challenged on the toughness but a letter or two from our attorney and the challenges went away. Last I knew (6 years ago) only three sheds (the one I built) and two others had been built in a 700 home association.

PS
The person that bought my home had the shed I built torn down as they wanted more backyard room for kids and dog.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/05/2017 6:53 PM  
Posted By TimB4 on 11/05/2017 4:04 PM
Carl,

If they deny it, you point to that shed and say that you are not asking for anything different that what has already been authorized.

If I am denied then, yes, that is what I would cite. However, before I do so I'll have to do some soul searching whether or not it's worth going through the HOA ringer and possible lawsuit. Otherwise I'll just submit to their will for peace in my house.
TimB4
(Virginia)

11/05/2017 7:00 PM  
Posted By CarlJ2 on 11/05/2017 6:53 PM
However, before I do so I'll have to do some soul searching whether or not it's worth going through the HOA ringer and possible lawsuit. Otherwise I'll just submit to their will for peace in my house.

Sending a letter or appearing in person before the committee to state your case is not going through the HOA ringer in my opinion.

Who said anything about legal actions?

Carl, I urge you to have a little less skepticism about HOAs.
Your time living in one will likely be less stressful if you do.

Be cautious and pay attention.
Try to minimize the negative outlook (that I am perceiving from your posts).
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/06/2017 12:16 PM  
If I send a letter I will need a lawyer to write it so I was thinking of that as a legal action. I'll talk to the ARC if they ask. I spoke to the owner of the only shed and asked about the history. He had his approved circa 2005 and a couple of the BOD has turned over since then. He was kind enough to let me copy the drawings and specifications he used.

I find it difficult to not be skeptical about HOAs given the evidence that one should be cautiously pessimistic about them. Pick any given page on this board and you'll find a myriad of issues people are having or have had in a variety of states. That does not even get into doing a search more broadly across the internet. Every time it comes up here and else where the "preserve property values" point is brought to he forefront as the ultimate goal and purpose. I have yet to have it explained how that helps with the enjoyment of my home in the mean time all the potential years to decades I could live in it. I don't mean to discredit the idea that maintaining property values as a good thing, it is. However, wrestling with the HOA in the mean time when you're trying to make use of your home will surly get old.

Kerry, there are 133 homes under our HOA.

TimB4
(Virginia)

11/06/2017 1:19 PM  
Posted By CarlJ2 on 11/06/2017 12:16 PM

If I send a letter I will need a lawyer to write it so I was thinking of that as a legal action.

Why do you need an attorney to write it?

If I was on your Association Committee and I received a letter written by an attorney on behalf of a member I would immediately think potential litigation and send the whole issue to our attorney for review and comment.

However, if I received a letter written by the homeowner, I would gladly sit down and discuss the issue with them. Perhaps reaching an understanding and compromise.
KerryL1
(California)

11/06/2017 1:36 PM  
Our HOA Board--I'm a member-- also meet with members at their written request as does Tim's and I'm sure millions of others. We also meet with them at our request, e.g., at hearings after they've received an "invitation" to discuss an alleged violation of our rules. In neither type of case are lawyers involved. In both circumstances we listen to their arguments and sometimes we agree with them; sometimes we don't.

Put another way, there are rational steps to take before one takes the big step of engaging an attorney.

So, thanks, Carl, 133 homes are "under" your HOA. It's obvious you write "under" (here & elsewhere) to show the HOA's domination--in your mind, anyway. Do you use that word the same way in talking about other forms of governance? Do you say you live "under" the county? Or, "under" the city? Or, "under" the USA? All comprise elected officials, just like your HOA. You can vote 'em in. You can vote 'em out.

Now knowing your HOA is at least a dozen years old--how old is it?-- and consists of 133 homes, what is your guess about why there's only one shed?
DouglasM6
(Arizona)

11/06/2017 2:03 PM  
Carl, I hope you don't take offense to this. But when I read your posts I picture eeyore saying the words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQI0E1WCLMU

Try to be a little more optimistic.
JanetB2
(Colorado)

11/06/2017 2:31 PM  
If I send a letter I will need a lawyer to write it so I was thinking of that as a legal action. I'll talk to the ARC if they ask. I spoke to the owner of the only shed and asked about the history. He had his approved circa 2005 and a couple of the BOD has turned over since then. He was kind enough to let me copy the drawings and specifications he used.

I agree with Tim and Kerry ... you do not need an attorney to write a simple letter to initially describe your concerns or question why (if denied). If anything you can send it "Certified Return Receipt" and attach the returned signature card to your copy of the letter, so you will have proof the Board received. This way you also have proof to supply to an attorney or Court, if in future the need ever arose ... which as all of us have stated is a rare occurance. In your mind you are putting the cart before the horse and believing the worse even though they will most likely approve. You need to be more positive in your approach to your HOA.

I find it difficult to not be skeptical about HOAs given the evidence that one should be cautiously pessimistic about them. Pick any given page on this board and you'll find a myriad of issues people are having or have had in a variety of states. That does not even get into doing a search more broadly across the internet. Every time it comes up here and else where the "preserve property values" point is brought to he forefront as the ultimate goal and purpose. I have yet to have it explained how that helps with the enjoyment of my home in the mean time all the potential years to decades I could live in it. I don't mean to discredit the idea that maintaining property values as a good thing, it is. However, wrestling with the HOA in the mean time when you're trying to make use of your home will surly get old.

The vast majority of HOA's are pretty laid back ... Yes you do see items on this website and other places on the internet; however, the number is a vast minority when compared to the many, many, thousands of HOA's across the Country.

Kerry, there are 133 homes under our HOA.

MichelleK5
(New York)

11/06/2017 2:39 PM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 11/05/2017 4:07 PM
Shed and fences are very controversial in standalone home HOA's.

A real life shed story.

Standalone homes HOA. Covenants allowed "out buildings" if approved by the ACC/BOD. For years they disapproved every request. One owner decided to stand up. Had his lawyer send a letter to the BOD after they refused his request for a shed asking for shed standards. BOD President said let us ignore the letter and see how far they are willing to go.

One BOD Member said let us get an opinion from our lawyer. BOD layer basically said the BOD had been wrong in not allowing out buildings and advised the BOD to draw up some standards. He advised to make them tough but at least have some. BOD Pres. and his BOD cronies said no. We will fight it as we do not want out buildings. Two BOD Members disagreed with this (I was one) course of action.

A battle royal commenced. It took us and our allies two election cycles and untold man hours to rally owners and replace the BOD. How we did it is another story. First go around we got a few on the BOD which was enough to assure the Pres. could not be re-elected Pres. but the voting was sill 4 to 3 to ignore the BOD lawyer and reject any shed request. Next election cycle we took control of the BOD 5 to 2.

First action was to have the ACC draw up plans to allow sheds. Very, very, very tough standards like size, height, placement, poured concrete base, must be identically constructed and match the house (siding, brick, windows, etc.). We were challenged on the toughness but a letter or two from our attorney and the challenges went away. Last I knew (6 years ago) only three sheds (the one I built) and two others had been built in a 700 home association.

PS
The person that bought my home had the shed I built torn down as they wanted more backyard room for kids and dog.

In my HOA, the shed footprint can not be larger than something like 10x12 (can't remember the exact dimensions now.) So what did some homeowners do? They built up. Now some properties have two story sheds that they've turned into in-law suites. That's how they got around the the size issue. Nothing in the covenants that says you can't build upwards.. heh
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

11/06/2017 4:29 PM  
Posted By TimB4 on 11/06/2017 1:19 PM

If I send a letter I will need a lawyer to write it so I was thinking of that as a legal action.

Why do you need an attorney to write it?

If I was on your Association Committee and I received a letter written by an attorney on behalf of a member I would immediately think potential litigation and send the whole issue to our attorney for review and comment.

However, if I received a letter written by the homeowner, I would gladly sit down and discuss the issue with them. Perhaps reaching an understanding and compromise.

Same here. Hit my BOD with a letter from an attorney and we will immediately turn it over to our attorney and the legal pi$$ing begins.

Write a polite letter to our BOD and we will respond in kind.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/07/2017 3:36 PM  
Ok, I will try to address everything...

Kerry, Of course I say I live in the United Sates and in Texas. I am an American and a Texan. The HOA is a different because it's a contractual relationship, not one based on citizenship and the sovereignty of a nation state. They exist as a quasi-government with many of government's powers (taxation, enforcement) but fewer if any responsibilities to "citizens" of the HOA. It can deny rights that would be constitutionally guaranteed by other forms of U.S. government. This is because the HOA does not exist for the people that live under it, it exists for the development and the property values. The developer sets it up this way. This is why I frequently say the, "HOA exists to serve itself."

This development was built in the early 90s. My home was completed in 1996. I don't know for sure why there is only one owner with a shed. That gentleman with a shed and I speculated that it's due to the fact the back yards in our development are smaller than average when compared to other homes and developments in town. Most folks don't want to sacrifice their yard space for a shed and would like the area for their kids or pets. We really don't know, but that seemed plausible.

Tim/Janet, if there are non-lawyer ways to get a board to hear concerns then I'm all for it. An oft repeated piece of advice on this forum (and I've read back many years) is to lawyer up and get the attorney to write a letter of demand for this or that. So when you say, "write a letter" that is what I thought was meant. I do like the return receipt idea. Rest assured, I don't want to poke a bear with a stick.

The way HOAs are organized they are disincentivized to grant things to the owners within the HOA. Doing so could lead to a lack of sameness across a development and the a key tenant of the HOA is to keep things in a state of perpetual conformity as defined by the governing documents. Boards have no reason much less an incentive to be accommodating to an owner even if that request is reasonable. I would argue that boards are incentivized to not grant anything to an owner as it might open up a door to further requests the board will not want to entertain. Board members are disincentivized to compromise.
DouglasM6
(Arizona)

11/07/2017 4:20 PM  
If the CC&R's are silent on detached sheds why did you submit a proposal? You probably confused the hell out of your BOD. There's a chance they are scratching their heads wondering what to do about it.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/07/2017 5:25 PM  
Posted By DouglasM6 on 11/07/2017 4:20 PM
If the CC&R's are silent on detached sheds why did you submit a proposal? You probably confused the hell out of your BOD. There's a chance they are scratching their heads wondering what to do about it.

I am not about to try and build something within the HOA without their permission.
TimB4
(Virginia)

11/07/2017 7:43 PM  
Posted By DouglasM6 on 11/07/2017 4:20 PM

If the CC&R's are silent on detached sheds why did you submit a proposal?

Likely because prior approval is required for any exterior changes (standard language in all Covenants I've seen)
KerryL1
(California)

11/08/2017 3:39 PM  
As noted above, Carl, my HOA also listens to Owners, and Owners have prevailed with their reasonable arguments. But, no, we directors must abide by our governing documents just as other forms of government must. So we can't "compromise" if that would oppose what's in our docs anymore than congress can compromise by bending what's in the US Constitution. We have a duty of loyalty to these documents as they are our contractual obligations with Owners. And, in them, we have many obligations that benefit all Owners, e.g., maintaining fire insurance for our high rise.

Now....if Owners want to amend our docs, they simply place the matter on the Board's monthly agenda and the Board discusses in an open meeting the pros & cons of amendment.

The easiest governing doc in my HOA to change is our Rules & Regs. Most recently, an owner placed a suggested prohibition on our agenda: Children under 5 may not use our hot tub. We have very few kids in our urban high rise, but grandkids do visit. The Board agreed and sent the proposed change out to all Owners for comment. A dozen, regular users of the hot tub, wrote back agreeing with the change. Two opposed bitterly and presented their arguments at the open meeting where we made our decision.

But our Board ended up instituting this amendment. I cannot imagine what within your argument could have hindered us directors from making this amendment. It seemed reasonable. We have responded to other owner's suggestions too.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/09/2017 8:25 AM  
I'm glad you feel you are responsive to reasonable requests to owner needs. Nothing compels you to do so. As you state your first duty is to uphold and enforce the covenants and those are not written to support the HOA owners. They're written to support the HOA.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

11/09/2017 8:42 AM  
Posted By CarlJ2 on 11/09/2017 8:25 AM
I'm glad you feel you are responsive to reasonable requests to owner needs. Nothing compels you to do so. As you state your first duty is to uphold and enforce the covenants and those are not written to support the HOA owners. They're written to support the HOA.

I believe Covenants/Bylaws protect me.
PaininyourA
(South Carolina)

11/09/2017 9:30 AM  
..... and those are not written to support the HOA owners.

Yet the owner/members purchased into the development thereby AGREEING to said CCRs.

IT IS VOLUNTARY

No one forced ownership or membership.

Typical language in CCRs:

"Membership is appurtenant to, and may not be separated from, ownership of ...... "

One's deed REFERENCES said restrictions by book and page number.

Did we not READ the deed BEFORE SIGNING for same ?

If not, then shame on you.

HOWEVER

You are guaranteed the right (paid partially by my blood) to continue your bit*hing and moaning over a decision YOU made.

100% - OUT
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/09/2017 9:50 AM  
I am aware I voluntarily bought the home with the HOA. I never said it was otherwise.
BillH10
(Texas)

11/09/2017 10:52 AM  
Carl, when do you expect to hear back regarding your application? There may/should be a timeline in your documents. Many documents contain language which states an application is deemed approved if the Association does not respond within some number of days.
JanetB2
(Colorado)

11/09/2017 11:07 AM  
Posted By BillH10 on 11/09/2017 10:52 AM
Carl, when do you expect to hear back regarding your application? There may/should be a timeline in your documents. Many documents contain language which states an application is deemed approved if the Association does not respond within some number of days.

Agree ... Mine states 30 days
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/09/2017 11:17 AM  
Bill, ours are 30 days as well, but still a couple weeks off yet. I dropped off the forms with the head of the ARC on October 27th.
DouglasM6
(Arizona)

11/09/2017 2:31 PM  
Posted By CarlJ2 on 11/09/2017 8:25 AM

Carl, do you know what HOA stands for? Just in case not, the H is for Home, O is for owners, and A is for association. YOU are a Home Owner, therefore, YOU are part of the association. HOA owners and HOA are the same thing. You may not be part of the Board Of Directors, but they work for you.

JanetB2
(Colorado)

11/09/2017 6:21 PM  
Carl knows what HOA stands for ... just because never lived in one in past and not sure what to expect does not mean he does not know. He has from past posts done research.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

11/09/2017 6:53 PM  
Posted By JanetB2 on 11/09/2017 11:07 AM

Be very careful. There was an extended, nasty, expensive court battle here in SC where an owner after not hearing back for 30 days (as per the Covenants), had a garage built. The court said 30 days or not in the Covenants he did not have the required approval/permission to do so. Court ordered the garage removed.
JanetB2
(Colorado)

11/09/2017 7:18 PM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 11/09/2017 6:53 PM

Be very careful. There was an extended, nasty, expensive court battle here in SC where an owner after not hearing back for 30 days (as per the Covenants), had a garage built. The court said 30 days or not in the Covenants he did not have the required approval/permission to do so. Court ordered the garage removed.

Do you have a link to that Court case? I would need to see that to believe ... Sounds like potentially maybe did not wait the full 30 days or some other item must have been an issue. Or just had a stupid judge and should appeal.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

11/10/2017 4:06 AM  
Posted By JanetB2 on 11/09/2017 7:18 PM

Do you have a link to that Court case? I would need to see that to believe ... Sounds like potentially maybe did not wait the full 30 days or some other item must have been an issue. Or just had a stupid judge and should appeal.

I recently tried searching for it myself and I could not find it. Maybe you can. Columbia SC, I believe the homeowner was a dentist, it was a brick garage, upmarket expensive sub division of stand alone homes.
DouglasM6
(Arizona)

11/10/2017 2:26 PM  
Posted By JanetB2 on 11/09/2017 6:21 PM
Carl knows what HOA stands for ... just because never lived in one in past and not sure what to expect does not mean he does not know. He has from past posts done research.

I think he knows what the letters stand for. When you read his comments he refers to the association as if he's not part of it. I was just pointing out that he is, indeed, part of the association. he may not be on the BOD, but he is the HOA.

And, I'm sure he can answer his own questions. If not, that may be part of the problems he has with HOA's!!
JanetB2
(Colorado)

11/10/2017 8:15 PM  
Posted By JohnC46 on 11/10/2017 4:06 AM
Posted By JanetB2 on 11/09/2017 7:18 PM

I recently tried searching for it myself and I could not find it. Maybe you can. Columbia SC, I believe the homeowner was a dentist, it was a brick garage, upmarket expensive sub division of stand alone homes.

No could not find ... did many searches with items you noted even in quotes and nothing came up. Seems I vaguely remember a similar conversation a number of years ago and maybe this case was also discussed then.
GenoS
(Florida)

11/11/2017 1:08 AM  
Previous mentions of the SC garage dispute were posted here on 04/18/2014 3:44 PM and on 10/28/2015 12:55 PM. I also searched for more info and came up empty, which is not to say it didn't happen, but maybe the case wasn't as famous or well-known as originally posted.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/11/2017 8:32 AM  
Posted By DouglasM6 on 11/10/2017 2:26 PM
Posted By JanetB2 on 11/09/2017 6:21 PM

I think he knows what the letters stand for. When you read his comments he refers to the association as if he's not part of it. I was just pointing out that he is, indeed, part of the association. he may not be on the BOD, but he is the HOA.

And, I'm sure he can answer his own questions. If not, that may be part of the problems he has with HOA's!!

As a matter of fact, I do know what it stands for and have for sometime now. I am also aware that I am part of my HOA, however unfortunate that fact is. I have no issues answering my own questions or explaining my positions as they relate to HOA Governments.
AugustinD

11/11/2017 8:38 AM  
I appreciate Carl's weathering the occasional negative remarks and continuing to keep this forum updated on what is happening at his HOA.
DouglasM6
(Arizona)

11/11/2017 12:33 PM  
Without the negative remarks this thread would be dull!!

I meant no disrespect Carl. If they turn down your request there are plenty of knowledgeable people on this site that can help you persuade them otherwise.
GenoS
(Florida)

11/11/2017 1:57 PM  
Posted By AugustinD on 11/11/2017 8:38 AM
I appreciate Carl's weathering the occasional negative remarks and continuing to keep this forum updated on what is happening at his HOA.

Me too.
BancsS
(Iowa)

11/11/2017 2:45 PM  
Carl,

I am not trying to be sarcastic but can you just get rid of some stuff and not put up a shed. Do you have a garage and/ or basement. There are so many storage options to buy to neatly store items. I don't have a shed but I do have a large 2 car garage and a full basement so that helps. I also don't keep a lot of stuff or buy a lot of stuff I don't need. Recently had a mother and mother-in-law pass away. We only kept sentimental items and gave the rest away.

This is just a thought. You have probably thought about it too. And by the way thank you for your service. I wanted to recognize you on this important day and to the rest of the vets posting to this forum. - Banks
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/11/2017 3:18 PM  
Bancs,

First, thank you.

Second, yes we could do that. We have a two car garage, but my Wife and I are trying quite hard to keep the garage for the cars. If I start putting stuff in there it will surely get to the point were we can't do that. I'm planning ahead against my own pack rat. Since I retired from the Navy last year i've spent a lot of time purging and donating stuff and I'd rather not reverse that good work. For starters I had ten pairs of identical khaki shirts and pants from my working uniforms that had been collected over the years. It was possible to see the history of my physical fitness and age in the waistlines. Anyway, they went to the base thrift store for someone else to use.
BancsS
(Iowa)

11/11/2017 3:21 PM  
In addition to my previous post, I thought about the story below:

My husband recently went through our house and counted all of the chairs. We had over 40 chairs of various types. It's just the two of us. It was kind of comical but an eye opener at the same time. We certainly don't need that many chairs. We realized that some of our possessions are just taking up space and they are just things we don't need or have any personal value for us. Just something to think about.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/11/2017 3:57 PM  
Forty chairs? Must be the agony of de..seat.

Thank you, I'll be here all week, try the veal.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/22/2017 6:03 PM  
Well.... in five days we will be at the thirty calendar day mark since I made my request. I've received no response to date and we are headed into a holiday. Thus I expect no response unless it is exactly at the last minute come next Monday. I think this means I've been blown off by the ARC and possibly the BOD itself. I am not surprised.
KerryL1
(California)

11/22/2017 6:46 PM  
I seem to recall that I and/ or others had advised you to send your request certified mail, return receipt requested--maybe on a different thread. I think the reason was that you only hand-delivered your request to the ARC chair. We were encouraging you to establish a paper trail. Maybe I'm not recalling this right.
KerryL1
(California)

11/22/2017 6:47 PM  
I seem to recall that I and/ or others had advised you to send your request certified mail, return receipt requested--maybe on a different thread. I think the reason was that you only hand-delivered your request to the ARC chair. We were encouraging you to establish a paper trail. Maybe I'm not recalling this right.
CarlJ2
(Texas)

11/23/2017 2:53 AM  
You are right, I made the error of hand delivering it, but I'll write back to the ARC folks on Monday after the holiday and see what is going on.
PaininyourA
(South Carolina)

11/23/2017 6:05 AM  
CERTIFIED ?!
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Submitted my Shed Request to the ARC

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement