Get 2 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject:  Can a president ask the management company for all records for past year and take them home
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
DonM16
(Florida)

07/28/2016 1:45 PM  
Can a president ask the management company for all records for past year and take them home?
DanaT

07/28/2016 2:26 PM  
Posted By DonM16 on 07/28/2016 1:45 PM
Can a president ask the management company for all records for past year and take them home?

They should be able to copy all the records and take them home. Since your BOD is very new, and if you check your docs, you as a Member should have access to all your records except Owners personal information, client attorney privileged material, contract prices and things of this nature.
TimB4
(Virginia)

07/28/2016 4:05 PM  

Yes, a Board member may request the records from the MC.

We are self managed and each Officer has various records in their home.

TimB4
(Virginia)

07/28/2016 4:12 PM  
Posted By DanaT on 07/28/2016 2:26 PM

you as a Member should have access to all your records except . . . contract prices and things of this nature.

Actually, members should have access to all signed contracts.

Bids are typically not available. However, once the contract is signed, the contract itself should be available to members.

See: FL 720.303(5) if in an HOA or FL 718.111(12)number 16 if in a condominium.
DanaT

07/28/2016 4:45 PM  
Posted By TimB4 on 07/28/2016 4:12 PM
Posted By DanaT on 07/28/2016 2:26 PM

you as a Member should have access to all your records except . . . contract prices and things of this nature.

Actually, members should have access to all signed contracts.

Bids are typically not available. However, once the contract is signed, the contract itself should be available to members.

See: FL 720.303(5) if in an HOA or FL 718.111(12)number 16 if in a condominium.

Once again Tim, you point out my flaws, in your mind. The next time you quote me, please have your facts straight. You should have kept reading! Same link as you provided, same section, sub section c.

"The association may adopt reasonable written rules governing the frequency, time, location, notice, records to be inspected, and manner of inspections, but may not require a parcel owner to demonstrate any proper purpose for the inspection, state any reason for the inspection, or limit a parcel owner’s right to inspect records to less than one 8-hour business day per month".

Since you have no idea what is in Dons Documents, you comments concerning my quotes, are nothing but pure speculation!
TimB4
(Virginia)

07/28/2016 6:52 PM  
Posted By DanaT on 07/28/2016 4:45 PM

Since you have no idea what is in Dons Documents, you comments concerning my quotes, are nothing but pure speculation!

Dana,

You are correct that I do not know what is in Dons' documents.
That is why I pointed Don to the statutes and provided the links to them.

You are the one that said that contract prices could not be available.
That statement, in my understanding of the statutes, would be an incorrect statement.

DanaT

07/29/2016 2:00 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 07/28/2016 6:52 PM
Posted By DanaT on 07/28/2016 4:45 PM

Dana,

You are correct that I do not know what is in Dons' documents.
That is why I pointed Don to the statutes and provided the links to them.

You are the one that said that contract prices could not be available.
That statement, in my understanding of the statutes, would be an incorrect statement.

Tim, the law link you provided clearly states that the Association can adopt rules, as to what records can be inspected. So, like I said, without knowing what is in the OPs docs, everything else is speculation / opinions. As far as myself, I don't mind either, sometimes someones comment will lead me into another direction, that produces the results I was seeking to begin with.
TimB4
(Virginia)

07/29/2016 2:14 AM  
Dana,

I would expect that the rules would be what records could be inspected would mirror that of the statutes.

The rules can't be in conflict with the statute (if they are, then the statute is to be complied with). Per the statute:

(5) INSPECTION AND COPYING OF RECORDS.—The official records shall be maintained within the state for at least 7 years and shall be made available to a parcel owner for inspection or photocopying within 45 miles of the community or within the county in which the association is located within 10 business days after receipt by the board or its designee of a written request. This subsection may be complied with by having a copy of the official records available for inspection or copying in the community or, at the option of the association, by making the records available to a parcel owner electronically via the Internet or by allowing the records to be viewed in electronic format on a computer screen and printed upon request.

(4) OFFICIAL RECORDS.—The association shall maintain each of the following items, when applicable, which constitute the official records of the association:

i) A current copy of all contracts to which the association is a party, including, without limitation, any management agreement, lease, or other contract under which the association has any obligation or responsibility. Bids received by the association for work to be performed must also be considered official records and must be kept for a period of 1 year.

Dana, you haven't answered my question on another thread:

Are you now serving or have you previously served on the Board or in a committee for an HOA/COA?
If yes, what positions did you hold?
DanaT

07/29/2016 2:57 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 07/29/2016 2:14 AM
Dana,

I would expect that the rules would be what records could be inspected would mirror that of the statutes.

The rules can't be in conflict with the statute (if they are, then the statute is to be complied with). Per the statute:

(5) INSPECTION AND COPYING OF RECORDS.—The official records shall be maintained within the state for at least 7 years and shall be made available to a parcel owner for inspection or photocopying within 45 miles of the community or within the county in which the association is located within 10 business days after receipt by the board or its designee of a written request. This subsection may be complied with by having a copy of the official records available for inspection or copying in the community or, at the option of the association, by making the records available to a parcel owner electronically via the Internet or by allowing the records to be viewed in electronic format on a computer screen and printed upon request.

(4) OFFICIAL RECORDS.—The association shall maintain each of the following items, when applicable, which constitute the official records of the association:

i) A current copy of all contracts to which the association is a party, including, without limitation, any management agreement, lease, or other contract under which the association has any obligation or responsibility. Bids received by the association for work to be performed must also be considered official records and must be kept for a period of 1 year.

Dana, you haven't answered my question on another thread:

Are you now serving or have you previously served on the Board or in a committee for an HOA/COA?
If yes, what positions did you hold?

Again, you stop short of the information you supply. And again, I will add it to your missing information. "The association may adopt reasonable written rules governing the frequency, time, location, notice, RECORDS TO BE INSPECTED",. I am done with you concerning this issue.
TimB4
(Virginia)

07/29/2016 3:21 AM  
Posted By DanaT on 07/29/2016 2:57 AM

Again, you stop short of the information you supply. And again, I will add it to your missing information. "The association may adopt reasonable written rules governing the frequency, time, location, notice, RECORDS TO BE INSPECTED",. I am done with you concerning this issue.

Dana,

Did you not read my full response?

The adopted rules can not be in conflict with the statue.
If they are, then the statute must be complied with.

Therefore, I would expect that any adopted rule/regulations that identify what records may be expected to be in compliance with the statute. The statute specifies not only specify what the official records will contain but those records that can be denied inspection.

DanaT

07/29/2016 5:21 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 07/29/2016 3:21 AM
Posted By DanaT on 07/29/2016 2:57 AM

Dana,

Did you not read my full response?

The adopted rules can not be in conflict with the statue.
If they are, then the statute must be complied with.

Therefore, I would expect that any adopted rule/regulations that identify what records may be expected to be in compliance with the statute. The statute specifies not only specify what the official records will contain but those records that can be denied inspection.

Tim, I AM quoting the OPs State Law. I have no idea what is in his HOA Docs. The State Law clearly states that the BOD, has the power, within reason, to dictate what records can, and can not be made available for inspection. It is from the link you provided, not mine. Again, I am quoting State Law.
TimB4
(Virginia)

07/29/2016 6:43 AM  
Dana,

I understand that. I've read that section of the statute as well.

You don't seem to understand that the statute also says what records may not be seen and that any such rule would need to comply with State law. If they do not, then the statute applies. And the Statute says that members are entitled to inspect the records of the Association with the following exceptions:

1. Any record protected by the lawyer-client privilege as described in s. 90.502 and any record protected by the work-product privilege, including, but not limited to, a record prepared by an association attorney or prepared at the attorney’s express direction which reflects a mental impression, conclusion, litigation strategy, or legal theory of the attorney or the association and which was prepared exclusively for civil or criminal litigation or for adversarial administrative proceedings or which was prepared in anticipation of such litigation or proceedings until the conclusion of the litigation or proceedings.
2. Information obtained by an association in connection with the approval of the lease, sale, or other transfer of a parcel.
3. Personnel records of association or management company employees, including, but not limited to, disciplinary, payroll, health, and insurance records. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term “personnel records” does not include written employment agreements with an association or management company employee or budgetary or financial records that indicate the compensation paid to an association or management company employee.
4. Medical records of parcel owners or community residents.
5. Social security numbers, driver license numbers, credit card numbers, electronic mailing addresses, telephone numbers, facsimile numbers, emergency contact information, any addresses for a parcel owner other than as provided for association notice requirements, and other personal identifying information of any person, excluding the person’s name, parcel designation, mailing address, and property address. Notwithstanding the restrictions in this subparagraph, an association may print and distribute to parcel owners a directory containing the name, parcel address, and all telephone numbers of each parcel owner. However, an owner may exclude his or her telephone numbers from the directory by so requesting in writing to the association. An owner may consent in writing to the disclosure of other contact information described in this subparagraph. The association is not liable for the disclosure of information that is protected under this subparagraph if the information is included in an official record of the association and is voluntarily provided by an owner and not requested by the association.
6. Any electronic security measure that is used by the association to safeguard data, including passwords.
7. The software and operating system used by the association which allows the manipulation of data, even if the owner owns a copy of the same software used by the association. The data is part of the official records of the association.

TimB4
(Virginia)

07/29/2016 6:48 AM  
Let me put this another way.

I want to inspect the Bylaws.
The Association has written a rule that says Bylaws will not be available for inspection.

Based on your interpretation of the statute, the Association may deny access to the Bylaws because the Board adopted that rule.

Based on my interpretation of the statute, the Associations rule is in conflict with the Statute and the Board must allow inspection of the Bylaws.

I have a good idea on how a court would rule if this was brought before them.
DanaT

07/29/2016 7:05 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 07/29/2016 6:48 AM
Let me put this another way.

I want to inspect the Bylaws.
The Association has written a rule that says Bylaws will not be available for inspection.

Based on your interpretation of the statute, the Association may deny access to the Bylaws because the Board adopted that rule.

Based on my interpretation of the statute, the Associations rule is in conflict with the Statute and the Board must allow inspection of the Bylaws.

I have a good idea on how a court would rule if this was brought before them.

Really, how well did that line of thinking work our for the FEDs? Fed Law says you can't posses pot with out a stamp, and we ain't givin any out! Colorado says, come on in boy and girls, sell your pot here, screw them FEDs. Lets turn this into a multi billion dollar industry! I KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT!

So what happens when you have two State laws that contradict each other? Don't know, Don't care. Until you or I go to that State, file the case and see who wins, everything else is pure speculation!
TimB4
(Virginia)

07/29/2016 7:20 AM  
Dana,

We will simply have to agree to disagree on this one.
DanaT

07/29/2016 7:40 AM  
Posted By TimB4 on 07/29/2016 7:20 AM
Dana,

We will simply have to agree to disagree on this one.

No problem.
KerryL1
(California)

07/29/2016 7:56 AM  
In CA, and it appears in FL too, Dana, executed contracts certainly must be available for Owners to inspect and copy. Don's HOA docs may not override this state statute.

DanaT

07/29/2016 9:19 AM  
Posted By KerryL1 on 07/29/2016 7:56 AM
In CA, and it appears in FL too, Dana, executed contracts certainly must be available for Owners to inspect and copy. Don's HOA docs may not override this state statute.

Yes Kerry. I have been saying that exact same thing, throughout this thread. For those that think your docs can not over ride your State laws, I can not speak for your State, HOA, City, County or Local Ordinances.

Now, let me tell you about my State Law concerning Condo HOAs. If you see the following phrase that starts your State Law, AND WE HAVE MANY, then you need to refer back to your Documents. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED in the condominium instruments, the provisions of this subsection shall apply

You see, that is where the problem is Kerry, we all seem to think that just because it is labeled "HOA", everything someone says, applies to all HOAs, and that is simply not true.
RichardP13
(California)

07/29/2016 9:43 AM  
Posted By DanaT on 07/29/2016 9:19 AM
Posted By KerryL1 on 07/29/2016 7:56 AM

Yes Kerry. I have been saying that exact same thing, throughout this thread. For those that think your docs can not over ride your State laws, I can not speak for your State, HOA, City, County or Local Ordinances.

Now, let me tell you about my State Law concerning Condo HOAs. If you see the following phrase that starts your State Law, AND WE HAVE MANY, then you need to refer back to your Documents. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED in the condominium instruments, the provisions of this subsection shall apply

You see, that is where the problem is Kerry, we all seem to think that just because it is labeled "HOA", everything someone says, applies to all HOAs, and that is simply not true.

Dana

I think Tim will school you on Virginia statues every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Been there, Done that
KerryL1
(California)

07/29/2016 10:09 AM  
Richard is right, Dana.

Many of us are aware that state statutes might say: "EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED in the condominium instruments, the provisions of this subsection shall apply," which means we must refer & defer to our docs about certain specific topics.

But that is not the language used in Tim's long FL citation re: Owners inspection rights. And it is not the language used in CA. And it probably is not the language used in VA re: Owners' inspection rights.

But I'm curious Don: Are you or someone else concerned that the President is taking records home? Why? Isn't the prez taking copies of records home? What records is s/he taking?

SheliaH
(Indiana)

07/29/2016 10:37 AM  
As others have said, it's one thing to request records for inspection, although there are some the homeowner does not have access to (e.g. account information on other homeowners).

Taking the documents home is another matter - personally, I wouldn't allow it AT ALL. What happens if they become damaged or disappear (especially if they disappear accidentally on purpose?) What if the president scribbles, applies white-out, uses highlighter or otherwise alters the records? That's why many associations have rules requiring the records be inspected during regular business hours and the homeowner pay for copies if desired (1 or 2 copies is one thing, but if you want hundreds, you should pay because the management company will then charge the association for printing)

Since this man was the board president, I'd also be curious as to why he wants all the records anyway (he's supposed to keep track of what's going on) Taking them home makes me very nervous, so the other board members should demand he return all records immediately and check for any missing information, alterations, etc.

KerryL1
(California)

07/29/2016 10:47 AM  
I think Sheila's right. It doesn't look like the prez has actually removed them yet.

I'm a director and I've read certain original records near the PM's office as I didn't relay want copies.

I also wonder why the records aren't amiable online for the president to review either in the form of minutes or financials.
DanaT

07/29/2016 10:59 AM  
Posted By KerryL1 on 07/29/2016 10:09 AM
Richard is right, Dana.

Many of us are aware that state statutes might say: "EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED in the condominium instruments, the provisions of this subsection shall apply," which means we must refer & defer to our docs about certain specific topics.

Thank you. That is all I am saying. Now as far as the OPs State Law, it state this. "The association may adopt reasonable written rules governing the frequency, time, location, notice, RECORDS TO BE INSPECTED". So you argument is with the state law, not with me.
KerryL1
(California)

07/29/2016 11:36 AM  

FL law states: "The association may adopt REASONABLE [my emph.] written rules governing the ... RECORDS TO BE INSPECTED." Without amazing distortions of the English language, We may not interpret this to mean that the HOA can decide that Owners are prohibited from copying certain materials that, per the stature that Tim cited, specifically says that Owners can possess, e.g.,:

"i) A current copy of all contracts to which the association is a party, including, without limitation, any management agreement, lease, or other contract under which the association has any obligation or responsibility. Bids received by the association for work to be performed must also be considered official records and must be kept for a period of 1 year."

Nothing could be clearer that Owners have the legal right in FL (and other states too) to copy many records. Not ONLY would it be illegal to forbid Owners from copying these, it also would be UNREASONABLE.

Sorry, Don; hope we didn't chase you away. Replies to Sheila's & my questions above my guide some of us in actually answering your clear question.
DanaT

07/29/2016 11:57 AM  

First of all, I would like to apologize to you, for my part in hijacking your post, through petty bickering. Lets try this again. Your BOD will have access to any and all documents, your HOA possesses. Most States, including my own, allow a fee to be charged, to copy these documents, UNLESS, you provide your own coping device, then it is free.

As a member of your HOA, not on the BOD, according to your State, your BOD, can, restrict certain documents to be viewed, or copied. This is very common in many States. Again, I am sorry for being a part, of this petty hijacking.
KerryL1
(California)

07/29/2016 1:34 PM  
Dana wrote on 7/29, 7:56, but should have finished the sentence to read: "As a member of your HOA, not on the BOD, according to your State, your BOD, can, restrict certain documents to be viewed, or copied"....unless higher level documents, e.g., state statutes, list them as available to Owners.
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

07/29/2016 3:57 PM  
Don

I should never say anything about FL, but as I understand it one can see/view all non-personnel documents and can make copies. This does not mean the management company has to deliver all to a requestor. It means they (MC) just have to make them available for review and copying. The MC could also charge for use of their copy machine.

Your requestor is over the edge and appears to be conducting a witch-hunt.
KerryL1
(California)

07/29/2016 4:43 PM  
You know, JohnC? I'm not so sure. If this president is new to the Board, s/he might just be trying to catch up on what has occurred in the recent past.

But I still think most would be available online. It could be a witch hunt though and I'd never let anyone take originals out of the office where they're stored.

Say, Don, are you on the board?
JohnC46
(South Carolina)

07/30/2016 6:49 AM  
Kerry

I do agree with put it all online and let all see it. Our present MC will send an electronic file of all to any owner that requests it. As we have no hired personnel, we have nothing personal to protect.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

07/30/2016 11:45 AM  
Our MC/Accountant would never have all the records in the first place. Any records they did have we would have access to or a copy of. Since the MC is a sub-contractor to the HOA, whatever records they did possess would either be theirs already or ones we request they keep. The MC gave us a copy of our financials once a month and that is what we based our meetings on. The collections were kept only amongst the board while the expense reports were distributed to everyone.

My question is: What records do you think your MC has or should have? It may not be all one thinks they may have or even do. It maybe out of perspective or reality of what the MC may have as a record. You may be surprised that they may not have an accurate copy of all the membership names/addresses. That is the Secretaries job in our HOA. There are other records along those lines you may want to define first before requesting records. They may not exist or be responsible for.

Former HOA President
RichardP13
(California)

07/30/2016 12:53 PM  
Posted By MelissaP1 on 07/30/2016 11:45 AM
Our MC/Accountant would never have all the records in the first place. Any records they did have we would have access to or a copy of. Since the MC is a sub-contractor to the HOA, whatever records they did possess would either be theirs already or ones we request they keep. The MC gave us a copy of our financials once a month and that is what we based our meetings on. The collections were kept only amongst the board while the expense reports were distributed to everyone.

My question is: What records do you think your MC has or should have? It may not be all one thinks they may have or even do. It maybe out of perspective or reality of what the MC may have as a record. You may be surprised that they may not have an accurate copy of all the membership names/addresses. That is the Secretaries job in our HOA. There are other records along those lines you may want to define first before requesting records. They may not exist or be responsible for.

Melissa

Before you say what a MC should have, please research what MC actually do. Not all are the same, but many are.

We took on a new association in March of this year. They had been in existence since 1984. We had 36 boxes documents form two previous management companies. By June, all documents are scanned and cataloged. If there were every a management change, the transition would consist of one dvd disk.

As the registered agent for the association, all legal requests, escrow, and homeowner request come through our office. I can handle a full escrow request in minutes. If a homeowner requests a document they are lawfully entitled too, it is sent through their email account, if they so choose.

We do have an accurate records of all homeowners and their requested mailing address.

We also provide a web portal for all associations as well as a special portal just for Board members.

When you have documents delegated to different individuals, then well, you aren't that efficient.

Been there, Done that
KerryL1
(California)

07/30/2016 4:53 PM  
How were election materials and billings sent to Owners if the board or MC didn't have all Owners' mailing addresses?
DanaT

07/30/2016 5:55 PM  
Posted By KerryL1 on 07/30/2016 4:53 PM
How were election materials and billings sent to Owners if the board or MC didn't have all Owners' mailing addresses?

It is not uncommon for HOAs to slack off on their duties. Some run like this for years. Some PMC offer services that only deal with financials and have no members list at all. Add the two together, it would be a living nightmare for a new BOD to come in and try to get things back on track.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

07/30/2016 6:06 PM  
We never sent out election materials nor bills. Elections were held at the Annual meeting. No need in sending billing as it is understood you pay dues. The pay box was located at the mailbox/front entrance. If you did not pay, we had a 6 months lien policy. So at 6 months one got a certified letter notifying them of a lien placement if not paid up. Which is when I would do the work on locating the real owner.

We knew all the addresses and lot #'s. It's the owner's names that weren't guaranteed. We required a check and the Lot# be put on each check. (Unless they set up automatic withdraw from our bank). It was not assured that the name/address on that check was the real owner. Someone else could have been paying the dues. Using the old "Death and Taxes" are assured... I always went to the Tax Assessors office to confirm.

Former HOA President
KerryL1
(California)

07/30/2016 6:35 PM  
Not sure where you're getting your info, Dana, but other than Melissa, I haven't seen any issues here with Owners' addresses not being availble to the Board or the Prop. mgr.
KerryL1
(California)

07/30/2016 6:47 PM  
Not sure where you're getting your info, Dana; your statement is rather sweeping. But other than Melissa, I haven't seen any issues in the few years I've been a member here with Owners' addresses not being available to the Board or the Prop. mgr. I think most of us are well aware that MC's offer an array of services from bare-bones to 2 or more mgrs full-time onsite to whom Boards delegate a whole lot.

In CA, in fact, ballots must be sent to Owners in the mail. We also must send violation notices to the address Owners choose to receive HOA mail via US mail. So we need their mailing addresses. In addition, about 30% of our Owners are landlords. Don't think they'd appreciate being forced to bring a check to the "pay box" on the front porch. CA also does require that Owners' mailing addresses and property addresses be available for Owners upon written request.
RichardP13
(California)

07/30/2016 11:29 PM  
Posted By DanaT on 07/30/2016 5:55 PM
Posted By KerryL1 on 07/30/2016 4:53 PM

It is not uncommon for HOAs to slack off on their duties. Some run like this for years. Some PMC offer services that only deal with financials and have no members list at all. Add the two together, it would be a living nightmare for a new BOD to come in and try to get things back on track.

Management companies CAN can a variety of services they may offer an association based on the needs and wants of the Board.

BUT, exactly how do you provide financial services IF they have no member list at all. Actually, I don't rely on an association's member list, I pull information from a title company.

Been there, Done that
JanetB2
(Colorado)

07/30/2016 11:52 PM  

I respectfully disagree ... a new BOD can look up any info via County Records office information. Also, it is the BOD and NOT the Management Company who is ultimately responsible for any HOA. Please keep in mind the management company works for the BOD. If a Management Company screws up ... the BOD is responsible for fixing and potentially needs to look for another company.
JanetB2
(Colorado)

07/30/2016 11:54 PM  
Want to state Richard is not one I disagree with ... He actually has good point.
JanetB2
(Colorado)

07/31/2016 12:08 AM  
DonM16

Any member of an HOA can ask for any records allowed by law (including BOD members). And most states insure under their laws that financial information is in essence "public" information for HOA members. Everyone who is a member puts their personal MONEY in the pot so why should they not have access to any information regarding the money they paid? If they paid money and were provided records ... why should they not be able to have that information in their personal home located in the HOA?
DanaT

07/31/2016 2:48 AM  
Posted By RichardP13 on 07/30/2016 11:29 PM
BUT, exactly how do you provide financial services IF they have no member list at all. Actually, I don't rely on an association's member list, I pull information from a title company.

Simple, they go off of the information provided by the BOD. But like you said, you gather your own info. To me, your way of doing things, seems like the best way of doing it.
DanaT

07/31/2016 2:55 AM  
Posted By JanetB2 on 07/30/2016 11:52 PM

I respectfully disagree ... a new BOD can look up any info via County Records office information. Also, it is the BOD and NOT the Management Company who is ultimately responsible for any HOA. Please keep in mind the management company works for the BOD. If a Management Company screws up ... the BOD is responsible for fixing and potentially needs to look for another company.

Very well said! Up in till 4 months ago, our BOD was not even on their own e-mail contact list, from their own Official HOA Website Contact page.

It really does no good to have your BOD, provide what is represented as their e-mail address, just to have it go to a PMC, that makes the decision if the BOD, needs to be informer of the issue or not. They got spanked for this very process, at our last meeting.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Can a president ask the management company for all records for past year and take them home

News Articles Provided by: Community Associations Network
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement