Get 6 months of free community web site hosting from Community123.com!
Thursday, October 30, 2014
HOA Websites by Community123.com (National Community Website Provider)
We built HOATalk and we'll build your community website for free!  Click here for information on a free trial website.
Community Associations Network (National HOA Reference Library)
News, articles and blogs about condos/HOA's
Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Subject: Bubble Bath liquid in Jacuzzi
Prev Next
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Author Messages
AlexM1
(Oklahoma)

02/28/2013 5:06 PM  
Has anyone ever had problems at your jacuzzi of individuals (irresponsible individuials) putting soap(to make suds), and/or a bubble bath liquid into the jacuzzi to make tons of suds? Occasionally we have individuals who have done this and it makes the water in the jacuzzi a murky color and also smelly. Are there any facts to say that putting soap/bubble bath into a jacuzzi is undesireable? even if it is for a joke?
We have not been able to catch the culprits thus far. Have noticed that it makes the jacuzzi water murky in color and oft times an offensive odor.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/28/2013 5:30 PM  
Ask a Jacuzi sales company about adding bubble bath or soap. It could be dishwash or laundry detergent too. Put up a sign not to do it or it will be drained so no one can use it. Plus the cost of repairsnis passed on to all the owners.

Former HOA President
SteveM9
(Massachusetts)

02/28/2013 6:53 PM  
Ive seen soap detergent put in fountains. Yes, its just normal vandalism. Put up cameras.
SteveM9
(Massachusetts)

02/28/2013 6:55 PM  
Have noticed that it makes the jacuzzi water murky in color and oft times an offensive odor.

You should have it drained and cleaned. I hope your not just leaving it like that. It could be any chemical in the water.
MelissaP1
(Alabama)

02/28/2013 7:27 PM  
Yeah I agree with Steve, you do have to drain, clean, and refill the Jacuzi after each incident. It would be similar to shocking a pool. This is an act of vandalism and the police should be called. I have seen fountains with detergent before. It can cause some damage because soap is acidic. So over time the parts could seize up or break.

If it were me, I would protect the jacuzi in the off hours when this may be happening by putting a piece of fake poo in it. Get a Mr. Hanky from South Park...Nothing will make someone stop messing with it if you leave your own "mess" in it...LOL! You had to see the reaction I got when I put up smoke detectors in the bathrooms after seeing signs of pot smoking in it...Scared the tar out of a few people...LOL!

Former HOA President
LarryB13
(Arizona)

02/28/2013 8:46 PM  
Back in the 1960's (and maybe still today) there was a laundry detergent called Salvo that came in the form of solid round tablets about the size of a hockey puck. The soap tablets could be easily transported in a pocket and once in a while some of my teenage friends would toss a few into a public fountain to watch the ensuing chaos as the water foamed and then sudsed over the sides. (I myself was never involved in any such incidents and, in fact, I was miles away taking Bibles to the church whenever this kind of monkey business transpired.)

How big is this Jacuzzi? Large bathtub? Olympic pool?
FredS7
(Arizona)

03/01/2013 6:27 AM  
I have not seen this happening. (But then our residents are generally older).

I would make it clear that this costs money for cleaning and that it ends up being paid by residents. This MIGHT help.
RayC4
(Virginia)

03/01/2013 11:32 AM  
"I have not seen this happening. (But then our residents are generally older)."

Careful there, Fred....
LarryB13
(Arizona)

03/01/2013 12:11 PM  
Posted By RayC4 on 03/01/2013 11:32 AM
"I have not seen this happening. (But then our residents are generally older)."

Careful there, Fred....

Just because we are older does not mean those of us 1960's campus radicals have lost our will to totally aggrevate members of The Establishment. Even if we are now part of The Establishment.

Alex, with all due respect, my first response to this thread was to laugh. When I was a teenager this was the kind of thing we used to do just to watch our parents and the neighbors go ballistic because they were so damn funny when they were mad. Just for record, I was miles away delivering Bibles to the church when it happened.

LauraR5
(Tennessee)

03/02/2013 9:39 AM  
If you can afford a camera in the pool/jacuzzi area, it's not a bad idea for more than just the pranksters.

At a minimum I would warn the home owners that this is an issue and if it doesn't stop it is going to cost them money to keep fixing the jacuzzi and/or it could get closed if it has to keep getting drained and cleaned or breaks.
Please login to post a reply (click Member Login on the menu).
Forums > Homeowner Association > HOA Discussions > Bubble Bath liquid in Jacuzzi

General Legal Notice:  The content of forum messages are from the posting member and have not been reviewed nor endorsed by HOATalk.com.  Messages posted by HOATalk or other members are for informational purposes only, are not legal or professional advice and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.  Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.  HOATalk is not a licensed attorney, CPA, tax advisor, financial advisor or any other licensed professional.  HOATalk accepts ads from sponsors but does not verify sponsor qualifications nor endorse/guarantee any sponsor's product or service.
HindmanSanchez Legal Notice:  (For messages posted by HindmanSanchez) This message has been prepared by HindmanSanchez for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Members of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us confidential information unless you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to send that information to us. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in our firm. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado only.

Legal Notice For Messages Posted by Sponsoring Attorneys: This message has been prepared by the sponsoring attorney for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Readers of HOATalk.com should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send any sponsoring attorney confidential information unless you speak with the sponsoring attorney or an attorney from the sponsoring attorney’s firm and get authorization to send that information to them. If you wish to initiate possible representation, please contact an attorney in the firm of the sponsoring attorney. Sponsoring attorneys that post messages here are licensed to practice law in a specific state or states as indicated in their message signature or sponsor’s profile page. (NOTE: A ‘sponsoring attorney’ is an attorney that is a HOATalk.com official sponsor and is identified as such in the posted message or on our sponsor page.)

Only members have access to all features.
Click here to join HOATalk for Free! Members click here to login and access all features.
Copyright HOA Talk.com, A Service of Community123 LLC ( Homeowners Association Discussions )   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement